DanH87

Sizing and Formatting Issue on Word/Paint/Google Docs

Hey everyone, hope you’re all doing well. I’m new here, so I’m sorry if the issue I’m having was gone over and explained on the tutorial page.

Basically, I’ve been trying to print off some decals using Word, Paint and Google Docs, but have been having an issue with getting the sizing correct. I’ve looked around here and other places, but I still can’t seem to get things correct.

I know that none of the programs I’m using are the best, but I’m hoping someone with better knowledge can give me a bit of help.

Note: I’m noticing that there’s a big difference between sizing decals that are just a torso and decals that include a face and a torso. If anyone has info on sizing for that, I’d also appreciate it.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Well, it would be best to use vector-based images instead of pixel-based images. Illustrator or Inkscape are much, much, much better than Word / Paint / Google Docs. Paint is an amateur tool, Word is a horrible tool but for some strange reason (probably because it comes with most computers) really bad for any lay outing work. and Google docs is a nice tool, but for making documents, not for graphics.

Here's a link which might be helpful (inkscape is on there).

I use Illustrator, and at home print from there with no problem. When I want a really fine print I take my files to Staples. I give them PDFs and everything comes out high-rez and true to size. I get my sizing by, literally, measuring the bricks/minifig parts and making my own templates in Illustrator. Hope this helps.

Dave 

Edited by kurigan