JintaiZ

LEGO IDEAS - Vincent van Gogh: The Starry Night

Vincent van Gogh: The Starry Night will become an official set!

native

Edited by JintaiZ

Yeah, saw this less than a minute after the review results came out!  Very pleased that this was picked and will eventually pick it up when it comes out (it probably won't be released until late 2022.....)

This makes me very, very happy. I’m from the Netherlands and Van Gogh is (obviously) one of our most famous artists. 

Aside from that, the building techniques of the painting look fascinating. 

A very inspired and promising choice! 

Puts the so-called mosaic Art and Sketches themes where they belong...the bargain bin.

I really hope they do this justice and not stray too far from the submission’s execution and building techniques.

11 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Puts the so-called mosaic Art and Sketches themes where they belong...the bargain bin.

I really hope they do this justice and not stray too far from the submission’s execution and building techniques.

It will probably be scaled down just like most ideas sets. 1,500 pieces may be a bit too much for a painting but I don't think anything else will change.

This was really a surprise for me. I never thought that this onw would be approved. And from a batch with 35 entries

Congrats to the designer!

Many congratulations to the designer.

I'm not sure how much fun this will be to build though, depending on how they do it. From having made mocs in this bas-relief style, I can say that they can be a bit tedious to build because you're not really achieving much as you go (like, ok I've finished a room now, or I've finished a spaceship wing). You're just piecing endless random coloured bricks together. You get a nice end result though.

Will the final model have fewer studs showing? Or is that deliberate to look post-impressionistic?

Of course the release schedule might not necessarily reflect the order in which the sets were confirmed, but I think the Seinfeld and Home Alone Ideas sets should still be revealed (and released) before this one does :tongue: The Seinfeld set already had a faceprint leaked, so its reveal can’t be thar far away

Home Alone set should best release around christmas time as it's considered one of the more known and popular christmas time movies , so probably November?

The other 2 sets aren't really bound to a season imo.

Edited by TeriXeri

28 minutes ago, williejm said:

Saw that too. I (but not my wallet) certainly hope it is… really excited for this. 

Me too: gonna be one of the first ideas sets I’ve bought since FRIENDS. Hope it comes out either late May or June 1st for my birthday haha

2 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Me too: gonna be one of the first ideas sets I’ve bought since FRIENDS. Hope it comes out either late May or June 1st for my birthday haha

Best get dropping those present hints! 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Saw that too. I (but not my wallet) certainly hope it is… really excited for this. 

I’m a huge fan of van Gogh’s masterpieces so I hope it’s true! 

Anyone know when this will be released?  We will be in NYC in a couple of weeks and going to MOMA to see the real thing, so would be cool to get the set as well.  Dad joke:  What makes a van gogh?  When you put gas in it.  HAHAHA

On 3/28/2022 at 8:44 PM, Herky said:

Anyone know when this will be released?  We will be in NYC in a couple of weeks and going to MOMA to see the real thing, so would be cool to get the set as well.  Dad joke:  What makes a van gogh?  When you put gas in it.  HAHAHA

It took me a good while to realise that out of the U.K., you say “Van Go” while we say “Van Gough” (rhymes with cough) so I was like ‘what does make a van gough?’

23 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

It took me a good while to realise that out of the U.K., you say “Van Go” while we say “Van Gough” (rhymes with cough) so I was like ‘what does make a van gough?’

To be fair, in proper English, if you put gas in a van, it will cough.

It's only when you put petrol in it that it will go.

But that probably spoils the joke somewhat.

:laugh:

22 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

To be fair, in proper English, if you put gas in a van, it will cough.

It's only when you put petrol in it that it will go.

But that probably spoils the joke somewhat.

:laugh:

That's still funny to me, just because it rhymes.  Petrol to go. Ok, I need a nap I think.  Never knew that's how you all pronounced it; I looked it up, in Dutch it is Hauwh, which really threw me.  But since that is his real home, I guess that is how you do it.  So much for Go...

I forgot about this set!

Took long enough but the first pic leaked. Shows the minifigure

Oh boy oh boy. I can’t wait to see some glimpses!

Willit it be released this summer