dvogon

[L10 - Tython - BS] Mysterious wreckage

*Your entry has earned 12 XP*

After capturing General Limbhal offices and examining their documents, there appears to be an ongoing intent of Pyerce's forces to get new weaponry. A TIE Interceptor was localised near Tython, apparently related to this mission.

Fahne and Gruntar have shot down the interceptor in a risky dogfight through the mountains. Now that they have reached the ship, their fear of not capturing the pilot went true...

50908025322_01dbc31188_b.jpg

Fahne: The pilot has escaped. Bad luck!

Gruntar: Let's see if the ship has something to tell us where he is heading to...

50907196523_501a03c7cc_b.jpg

Spoiler

Some additional images of the crashed fighter. I tried to capture the motion of the crash.

50907900426_dcbd611d0f_b.jpg

50907892791_b4a135808c_b.jpg

Edited by goatman461

Great shaping on the terrain! I'm with Bociephus, the pushed up rock is awesome. Maybe some fire, smoke, and loose wires or debris might have added to the crash itself?
I love that you have a Gamorrean protagonist.

Great skid marks in the ground behind the TIE! I think you should have build the wings the other way so we didn't see so many anti-studs

On 2/4/2021 at 2:29 PM, Jody Meyer said:

This is a great build. 

Thanks a lot!

On 2/4/2021 at 4:49 PM, Bociephus said:

Excellent crash damage! Love the ground pushed up in front. 

Many thanks!

On 2/4/2021 at 5:54 PM, RocketBoy said:

Great shaping on the terrain! I'm with Bociephus, the pushed up rock is awesome. Maybe some fire, smoke, and loose wires or debris might have added to the crash itself?
I love that you have a Gamorrean protagonist.

Thanks a lot! I wanted to have a clean build, but the storyline suggest the crash was recent so your suggestion is fully right. Opening again my notepad :thumbup:

On 2/4/2021 at 9:25 PM, MKJoshA said:

Great skid marks in the ground behind the TIE! I think you should have build the wings the other way so we didn't see so many anti-studs

Many thanks! That idea of the inner studs is a very good one for getting a better shot, although then the photo from the exterior and the overall look of the ship wouldn't be that good... Improving it is going to be something interesting to investigate.

Really cool technique for the ground around the crash - definitely one of the builds for this LTC that integrates the crashed vehicle best. I think it could have looked cool with some smoke perhaps but an amazing build nonetheless.