This is my first LEGO Ideas contest submission.

Concept: one set to create multiple sports (more than shown here) so you can always build any sport you and your friends like with just one set, and start playing.

The field is modular so you can 

I hope you'll love it, and will vote for it if you like it. Thanks!

800x640.jpg

800x640.jpg

800x640.jpg

800x640.jpg

https://ideas.lego.com/s/ca:68a77abdd25247acb9f590a999774b55

Excellent idea! You should add some minifigures to increase your chance of winning.

The assembly between the base plate and the post as well as between the post and the basket seems quite fragile, use these parts 2476.png and 3462.png to reinforce. In addition, put tiles to make the marks on the ground:6636.png or  27925.png or 27507.png

On 2/4/2021 at 1:34 PM, JintaiZ said:

Excellent idea! You should add some minifigures to increase your chance of winning.

Thank you for the compliment. And good suggestion! Tanks!

On 2/5/2021 at 1:29 PM, Merlict said:

Eh, it looks very plain. Too much exposed baseplate imo.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, higgins91 said:

The assembly between the base plate and the post as well as between the post and the basket seems quite fragile, use these parts 2476.png and 3462.png to reinforce. In addition, put tiles to make the marks on the ground:6636.png or  27925.png or 27507.png

Thanks for the tips! I tried at first to fill the base plate with tiles or jumpers like this

320x320.jpg

(this structure is optimized for positioning of minifigures in the strategies typically used in korfball matches).

But I found that my kids loved playing with a field with studs better.

It's a VERY GOOD suggestion you give to use the 2476 for the basket and the pole, why didn't I think of that! Thanks! @higgings91

For details on how I made this build stable, you can look at this earlier MOC I made:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-52888/BrickDesignerNL/korfbalpaal-met-bal-korfball-post-with-ball/

400x534.jpg

I gave that as a birthday present to my sons korfball team, they build them directly outside on the pavement and started playing with them; trowing the lego ball in from different distances. I didn't notice them falling apart or getting lose from the base plate during play, but I'll have a look to see how to improve it.

The set has one lose part, that's the bar of the high jump:

160x160.jpg

so that during play this can come lose when the minifigure hits it during it's jump.

Edited by BrickDesignerNL

On 2/5/2021 at 4:14 PM, higgins91 said:

The assembly between the base plate and the post as well as between the post and the basket seems quite fragile, use these parts 2476.png and 3462.png to reinforce.

25214 (the elbow piece) has axle holes - there is no version with pin holes in production at the moment, so the 2476 with pin does not fit, below is an alternative with 18677 and 36840, and to get a symmetric visual I've used a 1x1 plate.

640x640.jpg

An other alternative can be using the 2x2 turnable base and 2x4 Technic plate:

640x640.jpg

the white 2x2 tunable base (27448) can also be used as foot.

basket%20ball%20v4%20-%20detail.png

Edited by BrickDesignerNL