Mister Phes

VOTE PIRATES for the 90th Anniversary Set - ROUND #2 - then tell us why you voted

VOTE PIRATES NOW

Social-90th+Anniversary_Set-Round2a.jpg

Fan Vote - The Final Vote: Help Celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group

In Round 1 the top three voted themes were:

• Bionicle
  • Classic Space
  • Pirates

Full details available on the official LEGO blog.

Now we must vote for the winner!

VOTE then post here and tell us WHY you voted for LEGO Pirates...

VOTE PIRATES NOW

Click to vote for Pirates

image.png

Social-90th+Anniversary_Set-Round2a.jpg

Voted pirates and added in description that they could add some imperials too, although I doubt they will. On the side note, I was really hoping for Adventurers to make it at the top 4, oh well :pir-sceptic:

I voted for pirates and added to have imperial fort to match up with pirates of barracuda bay.  Off course I want pirates to win but I would be fine if castle wins.  just either pirates or castles.  NO NO NO to Bionicle!!!

13 minutes ago, Rockyjw2004 said:

I voted for pirates and added to have imperial fort to match up with pirates of barracuda bay.

Your post + I also added to have an Imperial Ship (Updated Caribbean Clipper), an Imperial Harbor-Fortress, a big Pirate Base and an Imperial Merchant ship.

Yes I know, I want a lot. :pir-grin:

Of course voted for Pirates, and added "because the classical Pirates were the first theme of Lego i had gotten and my favorite Today and that i would love to see a fresh Skulls Eye Schooner. Maybe a Skulls Eye Galleon.

6 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Yes I know, I want a lot. 

A lot? These are just the bare necessities for any good pirate theme! :pir_laugh2:

Voted for Pirates (of course), and said I hoped for an imperial fort or frigate.

So, we won't know which one won until the set is actually announced right?

Edited by rock raider

On 2/6/2021 at 4:11 AM, rock raider said:

Voted for Pirates (of course), and said I hoped for an imperial fort or frigate.

Ah yes, well that's the thing about Pirates... they're not Imperials. :pir-grin:

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Ah yes, well that's the thing about Pirates... they're not Imperials. :pir-grin:

This is true, but I can hope. After all, they realized that it was a bad idea to split up the castle and space themes so maybe they also realize that pirates and imperials go together. It's wishful thinking I know but I was really hoping for a worthy opponent for Barracuda bay.

9 minutes ago, rock raider said:

It's wishful thinking I know but I was really hoping for a worthy opponent for Barracuda bay.

It's not bad thinking either - you've sent valuable market research data back to the LEGO Group which they may take into future consideration.

I had already expressed myself on the other subject, but as it has been closed, I develop here.

I specified on the voting page my wish for a set of non-warlike navigators (explorers or merchants), like the little ship that accompanied the 6277 Imperial Trading Post, to change a bit from the binary antagonism Pirates / Soldiers... or a real little treasure island, with a brickbuilt relief ground and a chest to "dig up", that would be cool!

As a reminder, however, this second phase of the survey has only an advisory value: it's the first round that was important, since LEGO never committed itself to choose the theme that would emerge at the end of the second round, but only one of the three selected in the first round (hence the fact that it was announced in advance that the final results would not be published).

At first glance, I would have bet on Classic Space (even if I would love the Pirates of course), but since they did a lot to get Castle back in the balance, there is little doubt that it will be Castle (depending on the sales of the Medieval Blacksmith maybe).
Moreover, it's surprising to have used the Castle vote splitting as an excuse to put them back in the ranking, when the Space theme, also divided into 7 lines, had no trouble to get one of them in the Top 3... In any case, with another historical theme in the equation, it leaves even less chance to the Pirates unfortunately.