kris kelvin

[MOC] Scriptorium Mokotovum

What a build!  There are so many awesome details.  I really like the diamond floor technique.  Overall, having shelfs upon shelves packed with books and scrolls is the best part.  The shelves built into the stone arches (third floor) are neat too.  Your railing technique on the spiral stairs is terrific.

Nice build.  the details put into the wooden sections is great.  I like the interior roof section is nice with the nexo knights shields.  The staircases look great.  All the doors and windows are different which is a nice detail.  The floor design is nice too.

Incredible! The best part of the build is the creative techniques used for the stairs.

Thank you for sharing this, kris kelvin. This is a very immersive build to look at! I can imagine feeling at peace in a place like that, or maybe some excitement if I were to track down the answer to a mystery in one of those books.

The L-design keeps the interior from feeling cramped and I think really helps with that immersion. Great design choice!

What an impressive build! Packed with details and nice constructions building techniques. I appreciate the different textures on the walls, and the overall peaceful and studious ambience of the build. Wonderful work!

What a monster! How tall is it, all told? I love the use of two different chandelier techniques, neither making the other look out of place.

I'm curious about the map Dumbledore seems on his way to check out. Does the door under the clock lead to a restricted section, perhaps?

Awesome build! There's so many details I don't where to start looking.

You captured the rustic stature of such an institution very well.

Thanks for the kind words. That means a lot to me :)

On 2/5/2021 at 6:33 PM, Alexandrina said:

What a monster! How tall is it,

70 cm.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:26 PM, Dadster said:

Reminds me of the library from Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose.

When I started building it was the first thing that came to my mind. I even wanted to do something more similar, but when I started planning it would have to be much bigger so I quit :D

The wooden stairs are perfect and i like your efforts on the bookshelves, it's not flat as many bookshelf we can see on many MOC but has a lot of texture between the books. It looks way more realistic :)

So much more to say... Great work !

On 2/3/2021 at 10:17 AM, kris kelvin said:

"Rather typical library :)"

Rather amazingly beautiful masterpiece of a library! WOW! :pir-love:

Fantastic library. So many great details to study. Great work on the spiral staircase in particular and I like those chandeliers. This would make an incredible display piece.

Fantastic creation! :wub:

All those great details and overall look!

I am also planning to build library at some point in time, so this creation will help me in some ideas :wink:

On 2/18/2021 at 7:54 PM, Captain Dee said:

Fantastic library. So many great details to study. Great work on the spiral staircase in particular and I like those chandeliers. This would make an incredible display piece.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:34 AM, SerenityInFire said:

That's a really great build.  I just feel sorry for the lego person that's responsible for lighting the candles on that chandelier.

It`s a hard work to be librarian!!!

19 hours ago, Dzoni90 said:

Fantastic creation! :wub:

All those great details and overall look!

I am also planning to build library at some point in time, so this creation will help me in some ideas :wink:

Thanks. Be my guest :)