I originally started this build back in the end of November with the intention of entering it into the Colossal Castle Contest. But, life got very busy, and I ended up running out of time. So when they extended the deadline to January 31st, I used that as motivation to finish the half-completed monstrosity that was taking up the majority of my desk. There are still some things I would revise a bit if I had more time, (particularly some of the interior areas) but all in all I’m very happy to have it finished! And I’m also super glad to have finally done another sizable build set in Allanar Forest. The build was inspired by this wonderful artwork by Myoung Hoon Park.

The Dwelves’ primary mine is located on the west edge of Allanar Forest. These days Goren generally oversees mining operations, but the massive lodge is used for much more than just mining. Added on to and repaired many times over the years, the structure is a welcome sight for any dwelves traveling through that part of the forest. From offering shelter and accommodation for hunters, to warmth and a hearty meal for herdsman moving animals between pastures, the ancient building is a true landmark and great place to meet with old friends.

Allanar Mine

Allanar Mine

back-1.jpg

Allanar Mine

Dining-hall-right.jpg 

tunnel4.jpg

More on Brickbuilt.

Phew, it's been far too long since I posted a build here in the guilds! Hopefully it won't be quite as long before I have another build to post here. Hopefully :grin:
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome!

The way you've integrated the building into the landscape is really great. I also love the rockwork and that arched entrance to the mine tunnel - it's seamless! Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Did not realize you had a whole underground and interior going here!  Very cool, I especially love the little seats (though they look mighty uncomfortable :laugh: ).  Great job throughout, the whole build is really fantastic.  

Your build are always so intricate and detailed.  The landscaping and rock work is exquisite.  The building looks great and the blue roof really stands out and reminds me of the original blacksmith shop entry from lego ideas that was recently released.  I like the tunnel, the trees look great.  The interior is very detailed.  Just a fantastic job.  

That is beautiful and deceptively large. Those colors look really good and there are so many good details to study. Excellent work.

I can't help but thinking that de Lego designer of Medieval Blacksmith had a certain MOCer as assistant. The style is so remniscent of this Ideas set.

Beautifully done!

Beautifully done, this is an amazing moc!  I love how you made the various wings of the building similar, but with enough variation to reflect their different ages, and the inclusion of the mine shaft is very nice.  I hope it doesn't rain much in Allanar though; that front walk would be quite the treacherous mudslide...

Wow, building this monstrosity in 2 months is mind-blowing! It looks really really good. Dark brown and lime is a great combo for the landscape. :thumbup:

Beautiful build! The size is very deceptive, looks a lot smaller then it really is. Great use of colours and I love all the tunnels and interior. Very cool👍

Stunning work here John!  This is one of those MOCs that's deceptively enormous.  You filled the acreage will a great amount of detail too and the colors all look nice together; however, I can't square the fall foliage on the trees with the lime green grass. :grin:

I forgot to comment on Flickr so I'ma do it here, it looks absolutely godly, I love the popping colours like the lime and blue that both stand out and blend in perfectly.

Beautiful build! I especially like the rock landscaping! One critique though would be (perhaps because of the photo angle) that the upper pathway looks a bit too steep... if they get a rainstorm, all that dirt is going to be packed into the landing below :laugh:.

I really love this amazing build. All the colours makes it magical.

But today was the first time I saw the art work that inspired you. Awesome! You have really captured the original and given it more color. :laugh::thumbup:

Very nice work!  I am surprised how well the lime green and olive work together, but they do.  The massive amount of dark brown really provides great contrast throughout.  I wish TLG would use more of it in their creations.  I love the textured blue roof, and the rockwork and Tudor styling are excellent.  I love the interior and basement.  Very clever to have a mine built under this huge building.  The hallway with the tracks is fantastic!  As others have said, that looks like a steep front path, although they may not get much use out of it with the mine entrance.  The triangular backed chairs look good from the back but I bet they are uncomfortable to sit in!  I particularly like the stonework around the entrance to the train tracks.  Is that free standing or is it somehow connected to the wall itself?

Great work as usual, and amazing you were able to bring that to completion in such a short time!