The Librarian

A bijou Batcave

Following on from my batmobile style experiment, I fell into building a batcave to go with one of them. I decided to try and give the impression of it being hidden in the foundations for Wayne Manor, rather than occupying a entirely separate strata of gothic cavern that sits inexplicably on the Gotham coast. Don't get me wrong, I love giant, elaborate superhero lairs as much as the next person, but for this model I stuck to the essentials: computer, car, equipment. I did intend to build a more elaborate system of passageways behind the facade, even toying with the idea of incorporating a piece of the manor itself. But I kind of ran out of steam with the idea, so this is all there is.

Hopefully it is diverting enough as it stands.

50893572353_021e4211c0_b.jpg

50894424157_1cc59925a3_b.jpg

50893572648_7c97a17045_b.jpg

50894285926_72f2b9682e_b.jpg

Very impressive.

I really like the gothic parts build in the cave.

This is excellent, simple, and clean, like year one batman, with none of those fancy high-tech gadgets he gets later in his career. It's extremely believable as a result. It is perfect for the new Batman movie setting. The comic batman cowl looks really funny though, but I guess that's because it's not the other cowl I associate modern Batman with, with all the darkness and militarized vehicles with. I like the cowl design but not a lot. I don't like it.

This is fantastic! I love your use of old grey. And the entrance to Wayne Manor looks perfect.

What a great idea to build that aspect of Batman's life! Love the computer and the style of the car.

Looks really good! I really like the mix of colors and styles.

I think the computer screen can be improved by either adding some pieces to create a logo or something. Another possibility would be to use a trans clear or trans blue plate as a screen and add a Batarang behind that for example.