Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

French to English intrepretator required for a DARING MISSION!

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to translate the text in the top-right corner of this image to English...

Mirrored.jpg

145351997_2828832574110948_1176681628571666858_n.jpg

The text is simply the solutions to the "find the X amount of differences" game.

My French isn't perfect, but here's what it says:

"Solutions:

In the governor's fortress: the flag has changed; there are two guards instead of one.

On the Governor's Brick: the flag has changed direction; the character that climbs the ladder is higher; one of the cannons is hidden; a character in the front has disappeared; the shark has changed direction

On the pirate ship: at the front, the monkey has disappeared; the figure at the bow (aka figurehead) has lost its glass; the first pirate in the sloop has changed his hat; the pirate at the end of the "roping" (can't come up with the proper English term now: the line that runs from the front of the ship to the back) is missing; at the back, there is a pirate missing."

The Governor's Brick is probably the name of the blue-sailed ship and the pirate ship of which the text speaks is missing from your image.

28 minutes ago, Khorne said:

The text is simply the solutions to the "find the X amount of differences" game.

Thank ye for the translation! :pir-huzzah2:

28 minutes ago, Khorne said:

and the pirate ship of which the text speaks is missing from your image.

I guess that's referring to this image:

144706295_884624705663309_141784544543976267_n.jpg

Oh, and "on the Governor's brick" should be "On the Governor's brig". It's a type of ship, not a brick (stone).

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thank ye for the translation! :pir-huzzah2:

I guess that's referring to this image:

Ah yes, that makes sense :thumbup:.

57 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Oh, and "on the Governor's brick" should be "On the Governor's brig". It's a type of ship, not a brick (stone).

Aha, okay, makes sense too! I thought it was a LEGO joke/wordplay, but in hindsight the grammar would've also been off if that were the case. Thanks for the correction.

16 hours ago, Khorne said:

the "roping"

"Cordage" means rigging in English. :pir-classic:

@Khorne : you did translate it well ! Good job !

This text is just the answers to the "find the differences" game.

To be clear about the Brick-Brig difference... Well... In French there is also a Brick ship (borrowed from the English), usually used for Brig. And sometimes even more confusing, used also with "Brigantin" and all the vessels are mixed up ! :pir-oh: (The art of French Language ! just too arrogant to not follow the English terminology... :pir-tongue:)

1 hour ago, Faladrin said:

This text is just the answers to the "find the differences" game.

I found one difference without reading the text - HURRAH!  :pir-classic:

Difference1.jpg

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I found one difference without reading the text - HURRAH!  :pir-classic:

YEAH ! :pir-huzzah2:

Where do the pictures come from ? I don't remember to have seen them before and it's intriguing me as it's in french !

On 2/2/2021 at 5:01 AM, Bodi said:

"Cordage" means rigging in English. :pir-classic:

Ah yes, that was the word I was looking for! It was on the tip of my tongue, yet I just couldn't come up with the word.

21 hours ago, Faladrin said:

To be clear about the Brick-Brig difference... Well... In French there is also a Brick ship (borrowed from the English), usually used for Brig. And sometimes even more confusing, used also with "Brigantin" and all the vessels are mixed up ! :pir-oh: (The art of French Language ! just too arrogant to not follow the English terminology... :pir-tongue:)

My French is rusty in general and my knowledge of nautical French terms is mostly non-existent, so thanks for the extra information regarding the brig/brick. I would've never have known that, if you guys hadn't pointed out the mistake there.

On 2/4/2021 at 5:59 AM, Mister Phes said:

An Instagram user by the name of dave_castle_l posted them.

Thank you ! So he is German speaker not French...

On 2/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, Khorne said:

Ah yes, that was the word I was looking for! It was on the tip of my tongue, yet I just couldn't come up with the word.

My French is rusty in general and my knowledge of nautical French terms is mostly non-existent, so thanks for the extra information regarding the brig/brick. I would've never have known that, if you guys hadn't pointed out the mistake there.

Your French is quite well preserved, not really rusty to me. Good job !

Nautical French is just craziness... My teacher at school usually said we have a beautiful language but built by tortured intellectuals... :pir-grin::pir-huzzah1: