ARKUM ELO

[H16 - Endor - TT] Wreckage of the Empire

*Your entry has earned 60 XP*

Our missions on Ambria and Dathomir were a bit too exciting for my liking, although they had earned me a promotion and a trust very valuable to me. Our next mission would be to secure the moon of Endor, where that fateful battle, in which we lost so many, was fought. It was about time we had our revenge, and as the NR rangers suspect shady business going on throughout the galaxy, the core is conveniently in denial of our ever-growing presence. We must be patient. Our time will come. The time when we have amassed enough resources to complete our ultimate mission. The final mission…

Wreckage of the Empire

As DT-R65 walks out of the lambda class shuttle, the moist air condenses on his visors, bringing him back to when he first fought here. The objective? Acquire weapons stored since before the first battle of Endor and advise the mobilization of troops to exterminate the local fauna. 

Wreckage of the Empire

It seems smugglers and bounty hunter scum had already claimed the weapons cache, and were now selling weapons to both NR and Triumvirate forces. A reminder of the accelerating chaos growing in the galaxy with the New republic regime…

Wreckage of the EmpireWreckage of the Empire

Lieutenant Conwick, operating number ISB-098, is in charge of one of the platoons stationed here. As we make our way towards the received coordinates fallen troopers lay scattered, impaled and beaten. Helmets pierced by pikes decorate this savage combat zone. The fauna was more intelligent than anticipated, and was quick to adapt. We do however have one advantage; brute force.

Wreckage of the EmpireWreckage of the EmpireWreckage of the Empire

Conwick approaches on an AT-RT. Haven’t seen one of those in ages… In front of him stands the presumed weapons dealer, a Duros. A Pyke stands beside him, a bounty hunter by the looks of him, no doubt connected to the syndicate. They wear imperial armor, a mockery of the uniform… Their pit droids drop off the crate filled with high standard mandalorian weapons. They will serve the empire most effectively… 

Wreckage of the Empire

Lieutenant Conwick

-Commander Kurath, We are honored by your presence.

Wreckage of the Empire

Cdr Kurath (DT-R65)

-I see your efforts here have yet to be proven… Your platoon has taken some losses.

Lieutenant Conwick

With all your experience in special operations, we will wipe out the remaining obstacles. Especially with the reinforcements you have dispatched. 

Wreckage of the Empire

A squad of heavily equipped shock troopers march to meet the challenge. The beasts native to this moon will be burned, just like the rest of those who oppose us... 

Wreckage of the Empire

Wreckage of the Empire

Wreckage of the Empire

Wreckage of the Empire

AT-RT design by Inthert. Swamp speeder design by 8thbrotherbrick. AT-DT is of my own design, inspired by Sean Drews and concept art. There are 5 ewoks hiding in this MOC, can you spot them?

Edited by ARKUM ELO

Some fantastic landscaping here, well done! Your close-up shots are a little dark, though. And I wish you'd included some bigger trees. For such a large slice of the Forest Moon, it's hard to tell.

Agree with Ross' points about the tall trees. That being said, there's soooo much awesome stuff in this... I don't know where to begin, so I'll just riff off a few highlights to me: First off, the base - it is beautiful, and the layering of different levels work flawlessly! Great work on the canisters as well, and lastly the bounty hunters in imperial armor, is a brilliant story point. Of course the galaxy will be crawling with criminals in salvaged imp armor - much like what we see in the resistance show! Nice deep cut!

Well done! 👏

Holy Moly! What a big and great MOC.Perfect in every way (except the missing trees, but hey, maybe the empire needed some room for troops and material)

Just one question: Is Moff his name or title?:classic:

Edited by Macropus

Awesome - absolutely perfect! The landscape is great, especially the colour transitions and the vegetation.Those bounty hunter/ weapons dealer figures look really good too!

6 minutes ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Those bounty hunter/ weapons dealer figures look really good too!

Looking to recruit additional aliens into your ranks? ;)

So much to love! Your landscaping is fantastic. Your minifigure posing is great. All those shock troopers make me jealous! I just have one question. Is that pit droid bleeding out?

Impressive build! I'm taking the notepad to annotate details :laugh:. The landscape with its color transitions is great and the plants volume on some places is just fantastic. 

Incredible build. It still has the endor feel to it, with the small trees, yet you've captured an open landscape very well, the detail in teh rockwork and the pathways are very well executed.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:05 AM, Ross Fisher said:

Some fantastic landscaping here, well done! Your close-up shots are a little dark, though. And I wish you'd included some bigger trees. For such a large slice of the Forest Moon, it's hard to tell.

Thank you very much! The constructive criticism is much appreciated!

On 2/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

Agree with Ross' points about the tall trees. That being said, there's soooo much awesome stuff in this... I don't know where to begin, so I'll just riff off a few highlights to me: First off, the base - it is beautiful, and the layering of different levels work flawlessly! Great work on the canisters as well, and lastly the bounty hunters in imperial armor, is a brilliant story point. Of course the galaxy will be crawling with criminals in salvaged imp armor - much like what we see in the resistance show! Nice deep cut!

Well done! 👏

Thank you so much! Glad you like the bounty hunters, definitely took some inspiration from the resistance show, but also from Dengar and Evalo Moral from the clone wars. Seeing some salvaged cloe armor on "civilians" would also be quite cool!

On 2/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, Simulterious said:

Simply amazing! 

Thank You!

On 2/1/2021 at 11:41 AM, Macropus said:

Holy Moly! What a big and great MOC.Perfect in every way (except the missing trees, but hey, maybe the empire needed some room for troops and material)

Just one question: Is Moff his name or title?:classic:

Thanks a ton! I figured indeed that the empire needed some room for their assembly, and they aren't exactly know for being environmentalists. xD If I had more time to put towrds this MOC I certainly would have added a larger tree as well. His designation is DT-R65, Sirname is Kurath, and his title is Moff. 

On 2/1/2021 at 2:32 PM, marvelBoy123 said:

Awesome - absolutely perfect! The landscape is great, especially the colour transitions and the vegetation.Those bounty hunter/ weapons dealer figures look really good too!

Thank you so much! Thrilled you like it! :-D 

On 2/1/2021 at 5:21 PM, JintaiZ said:

Nice one! The landscape looks excellent!

Thank you!

On 2/1/2021 at 8:47 PM, caiman0637 said:

Nice!

Thanks!

On 2/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, Brickwolf said:

It´s huge and so well detailed! Most impressive!

Thanks a lot!

On 2/2/2021 at 9:23 PM, Bociephus said:

Oh my gosh, it's MASSIVE. Fantastic build! Way to work in a K-2SO droid. He's the real MVP

Thank you! Yes, K-2SO droids are awesome and overpowered. :-D 

On 2/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, Darkspear said:

Up close it didn't look like much, but in the long shot, WOW that's incredible

Yes, thanks a lot! :-D 

12 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

So much to love! Your landscaping is fantastic. Your minifigure posing is great. All those shock troopers make me jealous! I just have one question. Is that pit droid bleeding out?

Thank you very much! There is rarely an opportunity to display larger amounts of troopers, so I'm glad I could display my shock troopers with this build. The pit droid has just been stepped on by the AT-RT and coincidentally there was a puddle of blood there from previous troopers. I didn't notice until you pointed it out. Looks a bit odd...xD.

9 hours ago, dvogon said:

Impressive build! I'm taking the notepad to annotate details :laugh:. The landscape with its color transitions is great and the plants volume on some places is just fantastic. 

Thank you so much! :-D

3 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Incredible build. It still has the endor feel to it, with the small trees, yet you've captured an open landscape very well, the detail in teh rockwork and the pathways are very well executed.

Much appreciated, many thanks! :-P