Cjd223

"The Director" | Delta T-3c Shuttle (UCS Krennic's Shuttle) MOC by Cavegod

20 hours ago, HopsonMatt said:

Hello! I was wondering if there was any update on the availability of the instructions? Thanks!

Hi! Yes I can provide an update!

I am wrapping up the final test build, after which I have to clean up some additional details in the manual, fix the parts list, and work on the final steps of a big surprise for this manual.

Official Release will be May 4, 2021. Confirmed.

5 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

I am wrapping up the final test build, after which I have to clean up some additional details in the manual, fix the parts list, and work on the final steps of a big surprise for this manual.

Thank you so much! Really excited for this one.

Woohoo! Can't wait. I pre-ordered in January, lol.

Thank you!

Edited by shiny_car

5 hours ago, Anarchyy said:

@Cjd223 About how much will it cost to make this MOC? How much did it cost you?

Shuttle Only: ~$300

Shuttle Plus Display Block in Landed Mode w/ all 7 minfigs: ~$450

Shuttle, Minifigs, and Display Block in Flight Mode: ~$575

Obviously this can fluctuate a bit depending on the market of certain parts, but the final parts list was made very carefully trying to avoid any parts that could become tough to acquire. All 7 minifigs cost ~$75 so keep that in mind. About 11 cents per piece for everything without the minifigs. There are several parts lists that will be included so you can choose the display/budget option that suits you best! Different displays may not be incredibly clear right now, but will be once everything is all published.

9 hours ago, Cjd223 said:

Obviously this can fluctuate a bit depending on the market of certain parts, but the final parts list was made very carefully trying to avoid any parts that could become tough to acquire. All 7 minifigs cost ~$75 so keep that in mind. About 11 cents per piece for everything without the minifigs. There are several parts lists that will be included so you can choose the display/budget option that suits you best! Different displays may not be incredibly clear right now, but will be once everything is all published.

Did you work out the usage from krennics shuttle play set? I have 2x of this set ready so I’m pretty confident those black parts will Go a long way but I’m interested In the official tally

So it will cost more to have it in flight mode?

Edited by Anarchyy

On 4/12/2021 at 4:59 PM, Cjd223 said:

Are we still on for today? there is not much May 4th left and my F5 key is exhausted! :)

On 4/29/2021 at 11:05 PM, Anarchyy said:

So it will cost more to have it in flight mode?

Yes, because there are more pieces required to build the display tower.

23 minutes ago, LDigital said:

Are we still on for today? there is not much May 4th left and my F5 key is exhausted! :)

Perhaps you're a time traveler, today is May 1 :laugh_hard:

Still on for May 4.

9 minutes ago, Cjd223 said:

Perhaps you're a time traveler, today is May 1 :laugh_hard:

Still on for May 4.

wow I am a massive idiot. I got all wrapped up in todays May 4th promotion and my brain short circuited and thought it was today.  what an absolute melon. 

Is there any official LEGO sets that would have a good amount of pieces for this MOC? 

14 hours ago, Anarchyy said:

Is there any official LEGO sets that would have a good amount of pieces for this MOC? 

Set 75156 (The official release of Krennic's Shuttle) has 438 shared parts and the Krennic Minifig.

Edited by Cjd223

Happy May the 4th! The instructions, parts list, and the webpage is all setup and ready to go!

It has been an absolute blast working on this model, refining every bit of it along the way. The instructions are 311 pages long, and I am THRILLED to announce that they are available both as a digital download and a physical printed booklet! The printed booklet has been the reason for so many pushbacks, I wanted it to be perfect before sending it out for production.

Parts List & Instructions: https://alloutbrick.com/products/the-director

I've attached some updated photos of the MOC on the first post of this thread, one of the major differences compared to the original model include closing all of the gaps up as tight as possible across the shuttle. This model never failed to provide me with a new challenge to tackle and I am so happy to finally share this MOC in a way that allows other people to build it.

Final stats for the MOC:

Parts: 4,305 + 7 minifigures

Size: 35"H x 34"W x 16.5"D (Flight-Mode), 26"H x 11.5"W x 16.5"D (Landed-Mode)

Awesome! Thanks so much, to you and Cavegod.  I can't wait to acquire all the parts and build this. :moar:

On 4/29/2021 at 4:31 AM, Cjd223 said:

Costs and project update for UK folk

I have just ordered the parts in.  I spent 2 days working on getting the best price I could to make the shuttle only

The package comes with a few different parts lists

Shuttle only

Shuttle and Base stand

Shuttle and Base stand with Tower (for flight mode)

The base stand and tower account for around 40% of the total parts if you go for the super deluxe version. 

I opted to go for shuttle only to keep the costs down.  My plan is to create an additional module to go with my UCS imperial shuttle stand to give it a slight hight increase and alternate which shuttle I have in flight mode at any given time. I will post pics eventually

Christians estimate of around $300 seemed accurate for the shuttle only.  I was coming in around £215 ish if you are starting from zero parts (minifigs not included)

I already have 2 copies of the krennic shuttle playset (75156). one from when it came out and another I picked up cheap on ebay with only 2 deathtroopers and no box or instructions.  I would definitely advise getting this at least 1 of this set for the figures and also the crossover parts 

I made additional parts lists by deducting both 1 and 2 sets to see the price savings for using shared parts and messed around for hours to compare.

I found that having 1 playset does chop a very decent chunk off the cost.  It went down from £215 to around £177 for having 75156.  I found that having an additional set provided diminishing returns due to there being less pieces needed from the second set

My total lowest cost for Shuttle only - 2x krennic shuttle playsets = £162 ($225 at todays rate) so the second set only knocked off an additional £15 really.  not bad though as I have krennic and 4 death troopers now

My plan is to use the leftover playset pieces from both sets to build out an interior for the minifigs as this is the only thing that appears to be lacking with this model.  Looking through the instructions there appears to be plenty of interior space for seating, a cockpit etc but nothing is designed apart from the internal structure.  It is a bit of a blank canvas inside which is cool as I can have fun making it my own.  I plan to post pictures once done :)  

Edited by LDigital

Project update, my final parts have come in and I started the build this evening. 

As builds go its a pretty interesting start and unlike anything I have done in a long time.  I am still fairly early in the build of the main body but I can already see that I underestimated the size of this thing, its footprint is pretty big owing to its pyramid like shape.  I cant wait to have this sat side by side with my imperial shuttle.  I hope I can find somewhere to let its wings out too. I have a feeling they are going to be huge! 

On 5/19/2021 at 2:29 PM, LDigital said:

Project update, my final parts have come in and I started the build this evening. 

As builds go its a pretty interesting start and unlike anything I have done in a long time.  I am still fairly early in the build of the main body but I can already see that I underestimated the size of this thing, its footprint is pretty big owing to its pyramid like shape.  I cant wait to have this sat side by side with my imperial shuttle.  I hope I can find somewhere to let its wings out too. I have a feeling they are going to be huge! 

Post some pictures!

Project update. it is finished!

The idea I had about using the UCS Imperial shuttle stand was a complete failure.  It needs to be almost twice the height due to the incredible size of these wings. I think I will need bite the bullet and build the official stand eventually but for now it looks good enough in its landed position.  I was able to add a little interior space and give Krennic the window view but its really tight in there due to the angles of the outside plating.

I have recorded my thoughts and put together my first ever video.  Its my first time recording or using an editor so im afraid its definitely not Jangbricks level 

https://youtu.be/VKHc0oBbG18

Overall I am very, very happy with this model. it feels fully UCS and makes a fine addition to my minifig scale ship collection.

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2026%2026.jpg

On the verge of greatness!!

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2026%2039.jpg

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2033%2046.jpg

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2034%2003.jpg

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2027%2023.jpg

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2035%2039.jpg

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2036%2010.jpg

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2038%2027.jpg

1280x960.jpg

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2037%2049.jpg

Cockpit  Mod

Photo%2025-05-2021,%2020%2037%2044.jpg

Edited by LDigital

Wow, looks fantastic.

I have ordered all the bricks I need via BrickLink, and waiting for everything to arrive.

For the stand, I redesigned the original stand that Cjd created.  My design is made on Stud.io, so I have not built it to confirm that it is structurally sound, however it is based upon the original one, using the same internal 'scaffold' Technic Liftarm bracing, so it should be ok.  I'll generate a render from Stud.io and post it here shortly.  It is the same height as the original.

Eventually, I will have a Lambda MOC Shuttle with wings unfolded (all parts here, unbuilt) + Cavegod's Kylo Upsilon Shuttle on a stand (wings 'out'; built but currently with 'wings folded') + this Krennic Delta Shuttle with wings unfolded, side-by-side, so they create a  /\ \/ /\  pattern!