Zilmrud

The journey of Parzival - The secret work of Tabib (Chapter I, part VI)

The journey of Parzival
Chapter I, part VI
The Secret work of Tabib

Previous Chapter: Chapter I, part V - Snakes of Mophet
Prologue by Adde51 - Tabib and the crow...

50895504142_f39d730516_c.jpg

They ran as fast as they could down stairs and small tunnels. They boy was quick as a ferret and knew this tunnels as his own back pocket. It was dark but the tunnel was lit by torches on the walls

50894672778_c2d8b128bb_w.jpg   

50895504262_b0850f1782_z.jpg

After awhile they came into a large underground room, some kind of cellar or storeroom lit by a torches on the walls. 

50895504307_b22445ec5e_z.jpg

The boy stopped in the middle of the room and told them to rest beside a table.

50894672858_97d3bcbbf2_w.jpg    50894673103_ddc259ce10_w.jpg

50894785168_14ef4cb796_q.jpg  “- Sit here for awhile and Tabib will come and talk to you”.

48421529676_7a63500ba4_q.jpg  “- Ok, thanks for your help”

He left them and ran up some stairs. They looked around in the cellar. There where barrells and crates with food, wine and mead along the walls.

They all looked at each other, confused about what had just happened. 

48421679222_0dc8594e9e_q.jpg  “- Who is Tabib and what does he want with us? Pointy said.

48421679052_9ec29a470b_q.jpg  “- Either he is a rival slave trader or something worse. Out of the ash and into the fire, as they say.” Left-eye said.

48421529461_4ceabfc781_q.jpg  “- Or he only wants to help us”. Said Hammer.

48421679052_9ec29a470b_q.jpg  “- Pfft, Mophet is full of bad people" Left-eye answered. "- People here are greedy and live on other peoples unfortune"

Pointy frowned and looked intensivly on Left-eye. He became uncomfortable and turned away.

48421679222_0dc8594e9e_q.jpg  "- What do you know about this place? And how do you know it's called Mophet? Pointy asked Left-eye and looked troubled.

48421679052_9ec29a470b_q.jpg  "- Well I know what everybody know. It's not a secret that….." Left-eye stopped talking and then he got a surprised facial expression. He looked at the others. "- I think I remember things!"

They heard steps in the stairs and a old bearded man with white hair came down and walked into the room. He smiled and looked at them.

50895504097_eeed35468d_w.jpg

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- Welcome to Mophet. My name is Tabib and I'm a Spiritual leader here in Mophet. Before we start to talk, here is a basket of food. I belive that you might be hungry".

The slaves started to eat.

50895503847_20d0fbb1ce_w.jpg   50895503957_f9b727ecd9_w.jpg

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- You have been under the influence by dark magic that have made you forget who you are and probably many other things. This is a method that slave traders from Nocturnus use to get ordinary people to forget who they are and to tell them that they are criminals or slaves."

48421679142_5662421338_q.jpg  "- How do you know this? Hoves asked.

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- We have alot of these slaves traders in Mophet. And they are a burdon for the city and we are trying to get rid of them"

48421529501_d80a294938_q.jpg  "- How do you know about the magic? Right-eye asked.

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- My college Massud is a mage and felt the disturbance around your company and the slave trader. Then one of my spies had came in contact with one of you earlier. I belive one of you might remember a crow"

Z became cold inside. How do they know about Crow?

48421529676_7a63500ba4_q.jpg  "- Well, I… kind of talked to a crow earlier." Z said and felt a bit stupid.

The others looked at Z looking a bit confused.

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- Maybe you have some magical skill as well. I can't tell myself, but in time you will figure it out. The thing about this dark magic is that it can go away fast or it can affect your mind for a long time. So your memory will come back in time. I will help you get away from the slave trader but you have to find your way back by yourself."

48421679222_0dc8594e9e_q.jpg  "- Why do you help us? What do want of us?" Pointy asked

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- I've been a part of the city and society for a long time. And I and many with me work for the city and to help the city flourish. And getting rid of criminals is a thing that has to be done, and it works well to do it in disguise. So I don't want anything from you other than you will remember us when your memory will come back. We always need allies around Historica". Tabib said with a smile 

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- Well, let's go and get you some new clothing before you go. I have some clothes that might fit you in my house upstairs. Please follow me"

Tabib went out the door and up some stairs and the company followed. 
They came up inside a nice house or mansion. They followed Tabib into a room next to the stairs. 

50882241162_87454de579_c.jpg

(Build by @adde51 with my figs)

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- Here you got some clothes. Take what you need. But don't forget that you have to remain hidden and that the slave trader and his people and his minions will be out looking for you. I recommend that you will leave the city at once. Maybe travel to Barqa in west or Petraea to the east. But I think that some of you come from Avalonia or Mitgardia in the north. So maybe you should head that way. If you go to Barqa you can find my friend Gideon, he can help you if you send him my regards.

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- You must dress so that you do not draw attention to yourself. Mr Hoves, you have to wear some long robe and you have to hide your horns with a turban or such."

48421529676_7a63500ba4_q.jpg  "- Do you know how we can get our memory back or maybe something that will help us." Z asked

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg   Tabib looked on Z for a second. He pointed at Z's neck and asked; "- Do you remember where you got that neckless?" 

48421529676_7a63500ba4_q.jpg  "- What neckless?" Z asked and looked down on chest. And to his surprise he saw a big golden neckless around his neck. It had a green stone and alot of inscriptions and strange letters on the sides. It was wierd that he had the neckless, he hadn't seen or felt it earlier.

50895503997_b5baf9e92b_n.jpg

48421679222_0dc8594e9e_q.jpg  "- Where did you get that from?" Pointy asked.

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg    "- That's not a ordinary neckless." Tabib said. "- And probably you have had it all the time but that it was hidden from our sight earlier by some kind of magic spell. That is not a neckless that you can take of easy, not without the right magic word anyway."

They all looked at the neckless. It was beautiful.

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg   "- I don't know jewelery, gems or magical artifacts. But I can tell that It's a one of a kind neckless. Maybe you should keep it hidden. And maybe someone know what kind of neckless it is and where it comes from. But be careful to whom you show it. And in the beginning of your journey you shouldn't trust anyone. 

They all put new clothes on and packed a bag with some food and water. They also got some small weapons if they would get in trouble. Then they walked down to the cellar again where the little boy stood ready to guide them out. They put a ladder down the well and climbed down to a system of tunnels under the city.

50895504387_63d3424993_z.jpg

50597352142_1b48f95217_q.jpg  "- Keep safe and travel to the north. I will send my spy crow to keep an eye on you so that you will get away from Mophet without trouble. You can follow the Oil road or the Akbri River on your way east to Barqa. From there it's easier to get to the north."

48421679222_0dc8594e9e_q.jpg  "- Thanks for all the help you have given us." Pointy said.

They all thanked Tabib and then climbed down to the tunnel system. They followed a small stream away in the tunnel system.

End of Chapter 1
Next chapter....

Spoiler

Finally Chapter 1 is over. It has been 6 builds over 1,5 years *oh2*

My main story is soon finished in Mophet. One of the first things I wanted  in my sigfigs character story was to visit Mophet.  Because my friend @adde51 build a lot of Mophet and Kaliphlin. 

But now Z and his crew is getting northeast through Kaliphlin on the way to Avalonia. 

I built this tunnels with black bricks around. But it didn't look good in the photos, so I removed it with Gimp. The lights is made of a led chain with warm led colour. I put the leds through headlight bricks and put a cheese slope on the inside. In the cellar room I just hanged them from the top facing down. The rest of the leds i put on a PaB mug facing towards the opening to the tunnels, making daylight from the mophet square.

50895682931_4995d7336e_n.jpg   50895683056_a7115e281a_n.jpg   50895799692_0c510a233c_n.jpg

Edited by Zilmrud

Very cool!  I like the whole side view, and the length!  The lighting is great too!  How did you light the torches?  Is that a light element or did you photoshop in the light in post?  I love the lighting in the big room too.  It looks spectacular!

Do you have a story to go with this more than just the sentence on Flickr, or is it Tabib's 'secret'? :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Grover said:

Very cool!  I like the whole side view, and the length!  The lighting is great too!  How did you light the torches?  Is that a light element or did you photoshop in the light in post?  I love the lighting in the big room too.  It looks spectacular!

Do you have a story to go with this more than just the sentence on Flickr, or is it Tabib's 'secret'? :laugh:

I cant see the Preview.... so I have to edit it bit by bit :sceptic:

49 minutes ago, Grover said:

I bought a cheap led light chain, like christmas tree lights. The led fit perfectly inside a hollow stud. So I put headlight bricks in the wall with trans-orange cheese slopes on the inside. Then the torch outside of that. 

The same in the big room. Hanged them behind the arches facing down into the room.

The rest of the leds I put all together in the end of a PaB mug that gave the "daylight" through the doorway to the square above.

I will put some pics in the hidden/spoiler section =)

Ha ha!  I just jumped on the thread too early!  The pictures and story are great!  Love the collaboration and seeing how Parzival gets all his memories back. The lighting is brilliant, from the doorway to the torches, and really adds to the effect.  It seems like a real pain, but it was well worth it in the end!  I like all the detailing, like the use of the garage 1x2s and the 2x2 round plates to build up columns instead of the bricks for more texture.  Great job!

The lighting is fantastic.  The builds are really defined by your lighting and really sets the tone.  The story is very nice as well.  That is great that you developed a story like this.  It is hard to believe this story has been going on for that long.  Time seems to fly sometimes.  

That's a great collaborative part of your story! That tunnel build is impressive, and the photos really look great. Thank you very much for sharing your very smart lighting system!

Great story buddy and that tunnel turned out great! Looking forward to more chapters...:wink:

What a neat presentation, the light of the tunnel really stands out in contrast to the black.  Great textures on the wall too.

14 hours ago, Grover said:

Ha ha!  I just jumped on the thread too early!  The pictures and story are great!  Love the collaboration and seeing how Parzival gets all his memories back. The lighting is brilliant, from the doorway to the torches, and really adds to the effect.  It seems like a real pain, but it was well worth it in the end!  I like all the detailing, like the use of the garage 1x2s and the 2x2 round plates to build up columns instead of the bricks for more texture.  Great job!

Thanks man. All of their memories will come piece by piece. And they will in the end remember who they are and where they are from. But it seems like it will take som time in this pace :grin:

13 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The lighting is fantastic.  The builds are really defined by your lighting and really sets the tone.  The story is very nice as well.  That is great that you developed a story like this.  It is hard to believe this story has been going on for that long.  Time seems to fly sometimes.  

Thanks. Time flies. 

It was hard to get good sharp pics in the dim light. I started with much darker sorrounding light. But it wasn't good. If I had like a real camera, I could probably fix that. But the photos is so boring :laugh:

8 hours ago, Aurore said:

That's a great collaborative part of your story! That tunnel build is impressive, and the photos really look great. Thank you very much for sharing your very smart lighting system!

Thanks! It has been fun doing this collab now in pandemic times. We have at least 2 or 3 builds left as collab. After that I will be to far away from Adde51's part of the world. But I think he will come by my builds in the future :laugh:

Part 4 in the story was also fun. Then I used a lego store bag (yellow plastic) around a flashlight to make moonlight :grin:

3 hours ago, adde51 said:

Great story buddy and that tunnel turned out great! Looking forward to more chapters...:wink:

Thanks bro! :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

What a neat presentation, the light of the tunnel really stands out in contrast to the black.  Great textures on the wall too.

Thanks! It was a complete build, but the reflektions in the black didn't look good. So edit it away so it wouldn't take the fokus from the tunnel.

Great continuation of the story!  I love the builds too.  The lighting in the tunnels is excellent (as are the behind-the-scenes pictures on your flickr).

17 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

The tunnel looks really cool here and the lighting within it looks fantastic.

Thanks! :grin::thumbup:

3 hours ago, Mike S said:

That tunnel sure does give off a vibe of mystery and adventure! Nicely built! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, jtooker said:

Great continuation of the story!  I love the builds too.  The lighting in the tunnels is excellent (as are the behind-the-scenes pictures on your flickr).

Thanks. Sometimes it feels like you just want to show how ordinary builds are. The behind the scene pics is a great way to show that you don't have to make it harder than it is =)