Sign in to follow this  
Stoertebricker

[MOC] Armada Brig

Hi everybody!

after seeing the wonderulf WIP "The Parrot" I wanted to share my old MOC on the small white hull pieces of the 6280 as well:

The Armada Brig

50894334441_16efe116d2.jpg

50894334786_52e9be5cb2.jpg

The ship is build only with original Lego-parts except a few more strings and it was the first one I build using all the modern slopes.

Therfore I was very proud of the bow which was raised by to rows of slopes and the working achor mechanism there.

50893620903_7fbba031cc.jpg

The captains cabin can be opened from top. It includes a big table, a collection of flags taken from all the different sunk ships and all the other stuff a captain needs:

50894335031_7caa468fc5.jpg

The spanker sail is made out of two of the 6280 sails as well:

50893621148_41f81277a6.jpg

Take a look at my Flickr Album Armada Brig to see more datailed fotos!

I am looking forward on your thoughts on the ship, please consider its already 3-4 years old, from my time I just came back to Lego :pir-huzzah1:

Edited by Stoertebricker
added foto

Ah yes, finally a larger vessel for the mighty Imperial Armada! :pir-devil:

18 minutes ago, Stoertebricker said:

Ummm, don't you mean "spinnaker"?

39 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Ah yes, finally a larger vessel for the mighty Imperial Armada! :pir-devil:

Ummm, don't you mean "spinnaker"?

Hm, I am no native english speaker but I am referring to the nearly square sail (built out of two triangular sail from 6280, best seen on the 5th foto) at the aftmost mast which is in the direction of the ship, i think another name is "driver sail" Wikipedia Spanker.

Edited by Stoertebricker

A very good upgrade of a very underwhelming set.  The original was (IMO) one of the worst sets Lego ever made.  If they'd put this out instead, I'd have had a very different opinion of that line.

I love the details that you've added, like the chandelier in the captain's cabin and the skylight.  I might suggest getting some brick built cannons, though, so you can have fewer empty gunports :-)

On 1/31/2021 at 3:53 PM, Stoertebricker said:

Hi everybody!

after seeing the wonderulf WIP "The Parrot" I wanted to share my old MOC on the small white hull pieces of the 6280 as well:

The Armada Brig

50894334441_16efe116d2.jpg

50894334786_52e9be5cb2.jpg

The ship is build only with original Lego-parts except a few more strings and it was the first one I build using all the modern slopes.

Therfore I was very proud of the bow which was raised by to rows of slopes and the working achor mechanism there.

50893620903_7fbba031cc.jpg

The captains cabin can be opened from top. It includes a big table, a collection of flags taken from all the different sunk ships and all the other stuff a captain needs:

50894335031_7caa468fc5.jpg

50893621148_41f81277a6.jpg

Take a look at my Flickr Album Armada Brig to see more datailed fotos!

I am looking forward on your thoughts on the ship, please consider its already 3-4 years old, from my time I just came back to Lego :pir-huzzah1:

Thank you for the great compliment! :pir-huzzah2: Really nice Ship you have there. Gives the old Ship from 1997 a Look it deserves. :pir-love:

On 2/1/2021 at 12:43 AM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Nice ship!

Album lacks 2-3 good side pictures of the ship.

Thats a good point, I will make some better when I catch some more sunlight next time!

On 2/1/2021 at 4:11 AM, Cousarmy0001 said:

A very good upgrade of a very underwhelming set.  The original was (IMO) one of the worst sets Lego ever made.  If they'd put this out instead, I'd have had a very different opinion of that line.

I love the details that you've added, like the chandelier in the captain's cabin and the skylight.  I might suggest getting some brick built cannons, though, so you can have fewer empty gunports :-)

When I was a child I had the same opinion (it was also the lonely pirates opponent) as well because the pirateships are mostly bigger but today I kind of like the set especially how they put all the 4 main colours in and for me it works.

When I built it I did not like the brick build cannons at all but with time I changed my mind. Unfortunately I dont own a lot of wedge plate 2x3. Probably I can build some before making the side pictures...

23 hours ago, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Thank you for the great compliment! :pir-huzzah2: Really nice Ship you have there. Gives the old Ship from 1997 a Look it deserves. :pir-love:

Thanks at all!

Great vessel !

I like how you gave her more length and how you manage to get a better sail plan with only official sails !

We would love to see a better view of the ship ! The 1st picture is taken from too far and from too high IMO. Try to get closer and low down a little bit and I'm sure we would have a Frontpage killer picture ! :thumbup:

An excellent vessel that deserve more pictures !

On 2/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, Faladrin said:

Great vessel !

I like how you gave her more length and how you manage to get a better sail plan with only official sails !

We would love to see a better view of the ship ! The 1st picture is taken from too far and from too high IMO. Try to get closer and low down a little bit and I'm sure we would have a Frontpage killer picture ! :thumbup:

An excellent vessel that deserve more pictures !

So it took very long but today I got two new shots from the sides , i will try to improve my fotos to get it better and better!

Here is the one with full cannons side as wished and without blue cast:

51184145480_29257f77e6.jpg

1 hour ago, Stoertebricker said:

So it took very long but today I got two new shots from the sides , i will try to improve my fotos to get it better and better!

Excellent !

I think I can do something with it. Thank you !

Great trick with the way you made the spanker! Looks very appropriate for a contemporary kit w/ BSB, SES, CC, etc... Awesome man,

Nice upgrade for the armada, Stoert.

Just a little remark, in case you want the spinnaker to look more like in real life: turn it upside down so the thread goes from bottom near the mast upwards towards the stern. A line there helps reef the sail.

20 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Nice upgrade for the armada, Stoert.

Just a little remark, in case you want the spinnaker to look more like in real life: turn it upside down so the thread goes from bottom near the mast upwards towards the stern. A line there helps reef the sail.

Thank you for the remark, probably I will fix that in the future. Then the devided spinnaker can even be used and have some functionality. When I built the ship > 3 years ago I only tried to make something more square shaped with original lego parts. But first I have to finish my other projects...