Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-FB] Secret Proceedings

Type: Non-property Freebuild

A few months ago....

Yellowing fliers and newspapers flapped in the wind near the Cocovia Railway.

50887623313_7729410a33_z.jpg

Once this had been a stately manor, but the crown had ordered it demolished, as it sat directly in the path of the rails. 

50888454797_a873fd5a3a_z.jpg

The Crown, however, refused to let a good cellar go to waste. And thus, KH safehouse #3 sat directly under the railway. Here, the Count had been directed to go by a rather mysterious letter....

50887623013_230b88ae7f_z.jpg

"The Crown couldn't risk our adversaries seeing us meet at the Ministry headquarters."  said the Ministry of State Operative.  "But we need you. The empire needs a hammer. You, unfortunately, are a hammer." 

"I'm going to take that statement to mean that I can't be prosecuted for any crimes committed in this venture, including but not limited too..." replied the Count. 

50888670367_c030cf8e12_z.jpgThe Cellar by North White, on Flickr

The operative quickly interjected. "No! Just capture the settlement! The instructions are clearly laid out in this envelope." He grabbed a small, sealed envelope from the table.  "Oleon cannot be allowed to hold Terraversa. You're going to make them rethink their priorities. The crown is readying a declaration of war."

50888338066_48129aa63a_z.jpgThe Cellar by North White, on Flickr

"Ah yes, I can't wait to see what needlessly verbose statement Comrade Montana prepares." Replied the Count. "As if anyone ever needed a reason to go to war. My proposal was we just tie a note saying 'Terraversa? Not You're's! War!!!!! >:(' to a brick and toss it through the king of Oleon's window."

"That would be a complete breach of decorum and etiquette!" replied the Operative.

"That reminds me, I think I'm like 23rd in line to the crown." said the Count. "All I really need is for a bunch of Nobles to lose their lives, and/or their heirs to either conflict, strife, or disease, and then I could probably take a larger role in government. Unfortunately for myself, it's not like there's a major source of this at the moment. What were we talking about again?" Asked the Count.

50888598966_090a54e568_z.jpg

The operative's face drained a bit of colour. "Just... take the envelope" He passed the Count the Envelope. 

50888454442_dc48f1195d_z.jpg

"I think I would rework the diplomacy system to be more centered around 'brick-throwing'." Said the Count. He turned, and began to exit. 

50888455122_deff533474_z.jpg

FIN

Thanks for viewing my build! I won't be licensing this (although I figure I could!). It could be a commerce, or governmental, but that feels flimsy in my head, so I feel like I will leave this as a non licensed free build. 

No harm intended to @bregir per his declaration of war, writing or anything, but I thought I'd give a small poke in his direction. 

As for line of succession to the Corrish throne, take anything the Count says with a grain of Salt. Or maybe a pillar!

C&C appreciated!

Edited by Mesabi

I like the tunnel arches under the rails, the floor with the reflection and the shadow.

Edited by NOD

The safe house beneath the wagonway is a good idea.

I think you could license it as a residence at least!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

On 1/29/2021 at 4:21 PM, NOD said:

I like the tunnel arches under the rails, the floor with the reflection and the shadow.

Thank you! This was kind of one of those builds where I came up with the build before setting the story there. I kinda thought an abandoned cellar would be a cool place to set a build. 

20 hours ago, Darnok said:

Lovely littel build, and once again great writing - I actually lol'd! :pir-thumb:

Thank you! As I've mentioned to you, the Count is decently hard to write, but I had fun figuring this one out!

14 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Nice one, Good execution of a secret meeting spot.

Thank you! 

10 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

The safe house beneath the wagonway is a good idea.

I think you could license it as a residence at least!

Thanks Brickwolf! I suppose I might, but I'll hold off for the moment. 

Interesting build and accompanying story! Like the others have said, you've nailed the dilapidated feeling perfectly and the abandoned cellar is perfect for a secret safehouse. Curious to see where the Count's adventures take him next!

A minor nitpick on the photography: the second image of your post would seem "neater" or "better" to me if it weren't so crooked. Now it shot at an angle and kind of zoomed in, which gives it a weird crop. I think the photo would've been better if the horizon of your build was straight and a bit more zoomed out, so nothing is cut off. Of course, a faux Dutch Angle could also be a stylistic choice here, considering it's the Count we're talking about :laugh:.