Simulterious

[O10 –Gorse - TT] Wreckage recovery

*Your entry has earned 24 XP*

Wreckage recovery [1]

"At least he crashed well." The lieutenant was in a dry mood, and this assignment was not improving it. Kriff, I hate this dusty rock, he thought. Particles of dust were still darting about in the air, creating a haze around the wreck. It was daring to even fly here, and yet the Triumvirate seemed to grow bolder every day on Gorse. They managed to cover up the arrest, at least. If the saboteurs were responsible for this, previous arrests won't matter much to his superiors. "Technician, take out the extinguishers, we don't the wiring frame to take any further damage."

Wreckage recovery [3]

"Yes Sir. Might I ask why it crashed?"

"Preliminary data suggests that one of the ion accelerators overheated." He looked down to his console, lifting a hand to signal the crane operator. "Five more degrees, than lift by 30." 

Wreckage recovery [4]

Purple flames shimmered on the left side of the cockpit, colored by the dissolved chemicals of the ion engine. It crashed into red feldspar, all craggly due to erosion. "Alright, just a bit more. Once we lift it, we can extract the pilot. His flight suit computer will tell us the rest of the story."

Wreckage recovery [2]

TK-029 looked into the dark transparastell, only to find his own reflection glancing back. "Sir, it appears that the cockpit has retained most of its structural integrity. It's possible that he survived."

"Unlikely captain, the force of the impact would have done him in either way. Is the area still clear?"

"Yes Sir, no wait. I'm picking up a reading. A single life form."

to be continued...

__BEHIND THE SCENES__

Spoiler

Another speedbuild, with slightly more effort put into it :P 

Well, I think it came out fine, with the crane being my favourite detail, it looks really industrial. Probably my favourite detail is the trooper looking up at the crane and the ship, I find that little things like that often bring the whole scene to life. Wanted some rough terrain, so I went this mix of dark tan, dark red and brown. It certainly has its charm, I do wish the transitions were a little smoother. The Interceptor is certainly the star of the show though. Before I built anything, I first went and "wrecked" it. Added some purple fire and pink sparks flying out - certain chemicals can die flame in various colors (I also felt like it gave it a more otherworldly look). 

This post is a follow up of sorts to this one, go check it out: 

Here's another shot, with a better view of the entire scene:

Wreckage recovery [5]

Edited by goatman461
minor story edits

Looks really good. But how can you saw it is a speedbuild?! Thats outrageous!! I wish I could build so fast (and so big).:grin:

But what is the meaning of those new officer uniforms?

:vader::yoda::vader::yoda:

55 minutes ago, Macropus said:

Looks really good. But how can you saw it is a speedbuild?! Thats outrageous!! I wish I could build so fast (and so big).:grin:

But what is the meaning of those new officer uniforms?

:vader::yoda::vader::yoda:

Well 2 days is pretty much a speed build. Not really any meaning, I just thought they look cool...

11 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

The pink lightning and purple flames look really cool - the splash of colour pops well against the rest of the build!

I'll have to second this - that is a really cool and creative detail... I'm surprised the workers aren't more nervous looking... I guess they are well trained to look serious under pressure... ;)

1 hour ago, Darth Bjorn said:

I'll have to second this - that is a really cool and creative detail... I'm surprised the workers aren't more nervous looking... I guess they are well trained to look serious under pressure... ;)

I did think about this, but then I remembered troopers casually stepping over the corpses of their squadmates in the first scene of the saga :laugh:

Great use of stickers! The whole wreck looks perfect and I really like your TIE cockpit design. Less curvy than is popular right now, but the angles seem to work really well for you. And I must know how you got that Stormtrooper to look up! Great posing but I can't figure out how you managed it. My only complaint is that the crane seems to be set into the ground too far. Did they build it into the landscape? It just doesn't seem plausible.

27 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Great use of stickers! The whole wreck looks perfect and I really like your TIE cockpit design. Less curvy than is popular right now, but the angles seem to work really well for you. And I must know how you got that Stormtrooper to look up! Great posing but I can't figure out how you managed it. My only complaint is that the crane seems to be set into the ground too far. Did they build it into the landscape? It just doesn't seem plausible.

Yeah I think you're right about the crane. I'll DM you on discord for the posing technique...

Nice setup for this wrecked TIE. The cockpit is great, although the extensions to the wings are a bit bulkier. I like a lot the idea of exposed studs for the inverted side of the wings. The crane is effective with the story line. That fire seems very toxic!! :laugh: