Bricksnaps

6ft Rapunzel Tower from the Movie Tangled (MOC

Here are some images of the 6ft Rapunzel tower I have built from scratch from the movie Tangled. As movie accurate as I could get it I tried to make it minifigure scale.

The build started with the purple turret, one of the iconic parts of the structure. A year ago, purple lego was not that common in different parts so I have built it out of plates, snot bricks and cheese slopes. It is joined in together by bars and droid arms. 

The final addition was the hair, I don't think the build could really be complete without the hair and I struggled with a good technique that looked realistic and was to scale, so I built with 1x yellow flowers strung with string.

Thanks for looking.

50882274668_284e2340dc_h.jpgRapunzels Tower by Martin Harris, on Flickr

50883101782_7c35a4af36_h.jpgRapunzels Tower by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Rapunzels Tower

50882999996_3a3e528698_k.jpgRapunzels Tower by Martin Harris, on Flickr

50882281693_69e3060b95_k.jpgRapunzels Tower by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Edited by Stillinamerica

That is an absolute titan. How sturdy is the tower? It looks like it would be swaying and leaning with the slightest touch - is there a sturdier structure underneath the veneer we can see?

Just now, Alexandrina said:

That is an absolute titan. How sturdy is the tower? It looks like it would be swaying and leaning with the slightest touch - is there a sturdier structure underneath the veneer we can see?

Very sturdy, the technique on the tower is a post in itself. Solid all the way through the middle of the tower then it comes apart and joins via a technic slide in connection. The entire tower alone is 6 sections that support and disperse the weight. Hasn't fallen yet :)

Very smart. I know if I was in your position I'd have just built without consideration for stability until it all fell over and broke into little bits, then lose all interest in rebuilding from the remnants!

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Very stunning build! The trees look fantastic!

Thanks, I despise tree building! I always say Ill never build another tree

55 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Incredible! I love that braid. How long have you been working on this?

THanks, Well I completed a year ago and let it sit and didnt photograph it. But it probably was about 6 months or so on or off building :)

What you have done here is make one of those builds that will be remembered forever and serve as an inspiration to a great many builders. The entire design and construction just flows throughout, its truly remarkable and stunningly beautiful. I could go on and on but I really want to just keep looking at all the fantastic elements that make up this incredible scene. Absolutely brilliant creation you have made!

6 hours ago, koalayummies said:

What you have done here is make one of those builds that will be remembered forever and serve as an inspiration to a great many builders. The entire design and construction just flows throughout, its truly remarkable and stunningly beautiful. I could go on and on but I really want to just keep looking at all the fantastic elements that make up this incredible scene. Absolutely brilliant creation you have made!

Such a kind comment thank you. 

That is just beautiful. The hair cascading down the side is really clever. I wish I had the same creativity and parts to create such a masterpiece.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

That is just beautiful. The hair cascading down the side is really clever. I wish I had the same creativity and parts to create such a masterpiece.

Thanks, as I said in the post, I think the hair makes this really come alive and when on display it ads a little motion. Thanks for commenting.

5 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

Bigger is always better!  Love it.  High five

Ha thanks, High five recieved.

This is really beautiful! I love the accuracy to the source material and I'm a sucker for all the little details. I especially love the woodwork on the tower, and the organic way in which the ivy wraps round it (with the associated colour change of the masonry). It blends perfectly with the landscape too. Top work on this! :thumbup:

Edited by BenA

WOW. Just amazing. Fantastic work! That has to be an incredible display piece.

On 1/29/2021 at 12:57 AM, koalayummies said:

one of those builds that will be remembered forever and serve as an inspiration to a great many builders.

Well said. There are a few unforgettable builds in each genre, and this is definitely one of them!

Truly wonderful!  Constructive criticism: I think the climbing vines look a little odd cutting off perfectly at the timber neck of the tower.  I'd either have them thin out just before reaching that point or have them spill over just a little bit somewhere.  Beyond that I can only find things to like!  The hair as others have said is great, the trees and groundwork, the river, simple but interesting stonework for the bulk of the tower - all really nice.  The timber neck/platform is elegant and delightful, as is the rest of the living quarters and especially that roof!  Fantastic!  :sweet: :wub:

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

WOW. Just amazing. Fantastic work! That has to be an incredible display piece.

Well said. There are a few unforgettable builds in each genre, and this is definitely one of them!

So Kind thank you.

2 hours ago, deraven said:

Truly wonderful!  Constructive criticism: I think the climbing vines look a little odd cutting off perfectly at the timber neck of the tower.  I'd either have them thin out just before reaching that point or have them spill over just a little bit somewhere.  Beyond that I can only find things to like!  The hair as others have said is great, the trees and groundwork, the river, simple but interesting stonework for the bulk of the tower - all really nice.  The timber neck/platform is elegant and delightful, as is the rest of the living quarters and especially that roof!  Fantastic!  :sweet: :wub:

Thanks so much for the response. I certainly see your view on the vines, all the source material I found, the vines cut off right there, maybe Pascal chews them? 😂 However Ill meet you in the middle and may actually add one little vine that creeps up one of the wood pieces 😂. Thank you for taking the time to look and the time to respond! cheers :)

Wow amazing! This definitely a MOC I would display forever! Hope you don't plan on breaking it down in the future. I know you lose a lot of parts that way bit it is worth it!

This is really outstanding. The textures are rich and every square centimeter is just bursting with detail and color. Even just the section with the tree and riverside alone would be an amazing build on it's own, but the whole thing together is a masterpiece!