Darth Bjorn

[I18 - Virgillia - TT] Wreckage investigation

*Your entry has earned 36 XP*

Interlude:

Spoiler

Excerpt from Cdr. Bannon’s log: The Virgillia system was always going to be a challenge. Especially after our operation on the nearby Marat V. The sitting administration known as the Virgillian Free Alignment, had toppled the previous Imperial-backed aristocracy, and was now one of the strongest supporters of the New Republic in the Outer Rim. I rarely had praise for rebels, but the VFA forces had earned my respect.

Still, Virgillia 7 played a pivotal role in the Imperial Triumvirates plans. Taking the system with brute force wasn’t an option. This operation called for different measures. Measures our ISB department had already put into place during the uprising of VFA. A deep undercover agent had infiltrated the leadership of the Virgillia Free Alignment shortly after the Battle of Yavin.

Even though the outlaw regime patrolled the entire system, we had managed to land three ground reconnaissance squads. After losing contact with our last squad, it was clear that the Virgillians were alerted to our presence. In a last effort to salvage whatever intel our squads had intercepted, we sent in one of our best ISB officers.

Director Hollon and his guard squadron quickly located the downed AT-ST, in the rocky flats near Vladamar’s Ridge.

280121_moc1.jpg

thumb_NPC_DT2.jpgDT-F36: Director, no bodies on site.

thumb_NPC_hollon.jpgDirector Hollon: Mmh… Casualties on both sides... Check the walkers comms log. I want to know if they took any prisoners... Looks like the outlaws have the same taste in military ordnance, as the rebel scum we fought on Sullust…

280121_moc3.jpg

thumb_NPC_DT2.jpgDT-F36: Patching into the comms log now.

*btzzzh-klitczzzzz-dzzeeee*

DT-F36: Rerouting logs to your datapad Director.

280121_moc4.jpg

thumb_NPC_hollon.jpgDirector Hollon: Good! I'll have a closer look later. Prepare the shuttle! I want to visit an old friend before we leave this rock… 

280121_moc2.jpg

///

Damn, wrecks are hard... Let me know what you think...

Edited by goatman461
layout

Thanks guys!

@oh whale Yes and no - I’ve taken some structural and detail cues from GolPlaysWithLegos version. Imo it’s hard to top his version...

8 hours ago, goatman461 said:

fantastic positioning of that walker

Thanks! I got the inspiration from the ‘Legions’ landscape prop: swl30_downed-atst.png

Thanks guys!

11 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

The walker looks amazing and the angled crates are so cool!

Yeah - I think this is something I'll try to incorporate more in the future...

That walker looks so much better than any official Lego AT-ST set. Amazing detail and I love the angles of the leg.

Great setup. AT-ST walkers are difficult to replicate in Lego form. But you managed to keep proportions even with this subminifig scale walker. The fit & finish is great as usual.