Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL-FB] New Settlers Bring Growth to Interlagos

With the establishment of a brick kiln and a lumber mill in the Eslandolan settlement of Interlagos, settlers have been able to build houses, and the growing population has made Interlagos a proper town.

01-787x534.jpg

The core of residences has started to give the town a feeling of something more than a military outpost.

02-791x533.jpg

With the incoming settlers have come chickens and goats.

03-736x598.jpg

Here Mrs. Boer prepares to get some milk.

04-goat-618x595.jpg

And her husband shoos the chickens away from the cellar door.

05-797x442.jpg

Next door, Mr. Cazador heads out to take his son hunting. Small game animals are plentiful in the light woods around the lakes.

07-500x590.jpg

The streets are still nothing but worn paths with some loose stone scattered about. A sailor and a merchant walk by the new residences on their way down to the dock.

06-568x521.jpg

Interlagos has already come a good distance from its beginning as a frontier fort. As more settlers come to the town, Eslandian officials hope it becomes a thriving port.

-----

This MOC started as way to experiment with the roof on the tan building and grew from there. I'm trying to capture the early growth of a small settlement in these builds. All C&C welcome.

Great scene! I like the little details like the ground landscaping, smoke from the chimney, door pull, etc. Nice contrast between the two buildings

My first thought when I saw this was ooh, that's a really neat roof!  I quite like how those three colors and the mix of cheese and tiles works together.  The cellar door is also a really nice detail!

Nice diorama with lots of details. The 2 houses next to each other look good. I like the selection and position of the minifigures.

I really like this! It's great to see the classic windows and shutters being used on modern MOCs. Is there a word for that roofline on the red building? Or a particular inspiration for it?

18 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

My first thought when I saw this was ooh, that's a really neat roof!  I quite like how those three colors and the mix of cheese and tiles works together. 

Agreed! I tried to do something similar in that Horse Farm build in Elisabethville, but didn't have enough reddish brown / dark brown cheese slopes to pull it off. @Capt Wolf's is the real deal!

Edited by evancelt

Gorgeous build! I love its simple and straightforward look. It suits the purpose of commoners' housing. Great choice of colors all-around, too and that roof is just perfect.

Thanks to everyone for all the comments! Much appreciated.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:06 PM, evancelt said:

Great scene! I like the little details like the ground landscaping, smoke from the chimney, door pull, etc. Nice contrast between the two buildings

Thanks. I wanted to make sure I put the effort into the details on this build.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:14 PM, Kai NRG said:

My first thought when I saw this was ooh, that's a really neat roof!  I quite like how those three colors and the mix of cheese and tiles works together.  The cellar door is also a really nice detail!

Thanks. I was really happy with how that medium nougat color worked. I'm using so many browns and tans in the build that I had to work for some way to distinguish things. And I had done an earlier roof with just cheese slopes and thought it was a bit too much, too uniform; I'm happy with how the added tiles worked. And thanks for commenting on the cellar door; I may work that into some future builds as well.

On 1/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, NOD said:

Nice diorama with lots of details. The 2 houses next to each other look good. I like the selection and position of the minifigures.

Thanks. I spent some time with the figure posing. Always glad to know it's worth it.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:39 PM, Man with beard said:

I really like this! It's great to see the classic windows and shutters being used on modern MOCs. Is there a word for that roofline on the red building? Or a particular inspiration for it?

Thanks. Given that I went with brick-built doors, I probably should have done the same with the shutters, but I like those classic pieces, too! :pir-grin:  As for the red building, it's got some Dutch inspiration behind it. Not sure there's a name for it.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:50 AM, Count Vroskri said:

Another awesome interlagos build!

Thank you!

On 1/29/2021 at 9:49 AM, Khorne said:

Gorgeous build! I love its simple and straightforward look. It suits the purpose of commoners' housing. Great choice of colors all-around, too and that roof is just perfect.

Thank you very much! Sometimes simple is boring, but I'm trying to show the town's humble beginnings. And the color palette I'm using is a bit challenging, so I'm glad you like it, and the roof! :pir-huzzah2:

On 1/29/2021 at 12:17 PM, Fraunces said:

Love your style man!

Thanks!