Lira_Bricks

Custom marble bricks

Hello

I recently found out about marbled bricks and would like to have a few for my MOC's.

For those who do not know what they are, here is a picture:

https://us.v-cdn.net/5015319/uploads/editor/pa/uf4ul1x7s84n.jpg https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/16396/marbled-lego-bricks-and-other-parts/p3

The only problem is: they are really rare, most patterns do not interest me, and they are really expensive.

So I was wondering, is there an easy way to make your own marbled 2x4 bricks? They do not have to be sturdy and do not need to have good clutch power. They will only be used in my own MOC's. They do not even have to be made from the same plastic. 

I thought about 3D-printing, but that way you can only use one colour at the same time, so that does not seem to be an option.

I cannot find any sources of people making their own bricks, so I hope it is possible :P

3 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

You can 3D print them if you ahve a printer with multiple extrusion heads. 

Wouldn't that keep the colours separately, without any blending?

Ah ok, did not know that! :D Thanks for the answer.
I know someone with a big 3D-printer, I will ask them if they can do that. ^^

Edit: I asked them, and they told me that those printers are really expensive, and even then you will not get such a nice result. they only have one with one extrusion head

10 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Depends on how well you manage to splice them together.

Do you have experience with this?

Edited by Lira_Bricks
Got response

You could mix multiple color plastic pellets and extrude them into your own custom 3D printer filament blend.  There are DIY and cheap filament making machines.

A spool of multicolor filament could also be a good starting material.  They could be grinded up to make filaments too.

51gEuUj2JkL.jpg

You could try printing multiple bricks with one of those rainbow spools at the same time so that colors get distributed.