Over the past few days I worked on another bike meant to chase the one I'm participating with in TC19.

@Thirdwigg: It became something different then I originally had in mind, so your swingarm design wasn't used yet - I simply didn't find a way to include it. But I expect more bikes to come in the future and your design just cries for futuristic bikes! :sweet:

The VICE Maverick is fully suspended and uses a dual chain drive instead of shaft drive like the other one - one chain just can't handle the power :wink:. It is nearly as wide as the Renegade but I think it's ok for the scale and it's also very stretched. It's not yet finished in all aspects (frame coloring, exhausts, lights, etc.) but I wanted to share what I have right now:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

More pictures on Bricksafe.

It has a few quirks though: As you might have noticed it has zero to negative caster angle which is not ideal but I wanted to keep the front fork design as is and the suspension works really great with that quirk. Unfortunately the drive train works much less smooth than the one used in the Renegade. Exchanging the newer bevel gears against older LBG ones helped a little, but it's still not ideal. Maybe having less tension on the chains could help, I don't know, but it looks better with tension. Maybe just too much gears and up-gearing: rear wheel - 24z => 16z, 40z => 24z => 8z => 8z => 8z, 20z => 12z => 12z - turbo shaft. The latter is still missing, as I don't have a long or short enough axle to use. So I might need to change the length of the turbine or the place of the direction conversion.

Edited by johnnym

Thanks @Thirdwigg! I today could realize a positive caster angle, but I didn't like the resulting position and look of the front fork and handle bar so I went back to what's pictured above. But I found a way to move the direction conversion 1 stud to the back, so I could connect the turbo shaft with an axle connector resulting in a moving impeller! :sweet: Watching @grohl's video about gear wheels:

...actually made this possible, because it showed me a meshing gear config I didn't thought of. Together with lessening the tension on the drive chains the whole drive train works smoother now. Though the "hanging" chains don't look as good as before.

Ok, brought this bike forward a little more and now it has:

• standard breaks at the front and induction breaks at the rear
  • exhaust "cannons" :laugh:
  • gauges and electronics (incl. radio)
  • headlights and police lights (though I want to change them to trans dark blue but only have one ATM) and revised rear lights
  • tubing around the turboshaft engine with external torque transformer; as this one's a "standard" turboshaft engine the tubing is symmetric compared to the engine used in the Renegade. Being an interceptor this one has two large water/methanol boosters, one on each side.
  • continuing with the fiction it has computer controlled active suspension, e.g. for supporting jumps or lowering the bike when driving at high speeds and also power steering.

Coloring is still not final everywhere, but more like I wanted it to be compared to the last photographs.

All pictures on Bricksafe.

800x600.JPG800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x533.jpg