Jim

Moved to New Server

Hi,

since a while I don't get notfication emails any more.

Any ideas why?

Edited by Lok24

23 minutes ago, Lok24 said:

Hi,

is there anyone who could help?

We need to look into it, but it might have something to do with the mailserver you are using. We don't see any problems with notifications. Can you try to temporarily switch to another email address to test whether you will get them on that address?

Thanks.

It worked for years with same server.

It might be the emali-address.

But as I don't get any emails from you I can't change the email, cause then I shold get a notifictation - which doesn't work.
And new address would be on same server.

As we are in contact here now I'll give it a try. Stay tuned...

One question, because Lok24 asked me for help:

If he is able to create a new account with a new email adress, can we combine both accounts to one afterwards?

On 1/26/2021 at 2:34 PM, Jim said:

We are a recognized LEGO fan media. Which entails that we don't support/endorse clone/competitor brands. In Community forum (and some other cases) we make an exception, but this is a LEGO forum.

Got it. :thumbup:

What about a Ninjago forum? (I know there is already an Action & Adventure themes forum but I feel like Ninjago is a popular enough theme to warrant its own forum)

Many thanks for your consideration!

Edited by JintaiZ

Considering Action and Adventure themes exists because of NinjaGo, it already technically is the NinjaGo forum. All the other themes that have come since or were moved to Action Themes (as it was) so that this new theme with Ninjas, that did not fit with the historic themes, had somewhere to be discussed.

Adventure came later, as Elves also did not fit in with Historic, but it was also not City/Town. 

Hi @Jim,

I could now establish a new mail adress (not mine, but working intermediate).

I sent you a brief description of the problem via "contact us", but got no response,  might there still be something wrong?

1 hour ago, Lok24 said:

Hi @Jim,

I could now establish a new mail adress (not mine, but working intermediate).

I sent you a brief description of the problem via "contact us", but got no response,  might there still be something wrong?

Please send me a PM. 

To be honest; I'm not sure why we have a "contact us" option. Nobody is reading that email address.

16 minutes ago, Jim said:

Please send me a PM.

Thanks, sent a PM

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

To be honest; I'm not sure why we have a "contact us" option. Nobody is reading that email address.

:wink:

On 3/25/2021 at 3:27 PM, Jim said:

:laugh::hmpf:

Hopefully this is going to work now.

Just a minor thing: When browsing or composing replies etc. a message appears on the lower part of the screen, saying: XYZ has replied. View reply (or something like that). Before the update, clicking on that message updated the thread window.

For me, it does not anymore, only reload page does the trick. No big deal, but does mess up things when writing a reply or so within the editor.

Well. Not important. Just don't reload when replying - and just don't care about the reply that comes in during replying. Uhmm - yes: Not important.

Best
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie

9 minutes ago, PurpleDave said:

Reloading is fine since it automatically saves!

Ahh - thank you!

With regard to your build: All what really counts (for me), is that you poured your heart into it. I really mean that. As far as I can tell from my limited Technic building skills (well, skills is too much, make it attempts) your model is fantastic. But you need to post that in the Technic forum!!! Maybe ask a moderator to move the topic. It would be a waste here I believe.

Best wishes (and again welcome to EB!),
Thorsten

10 hours ago, Toastie said:

Ahh - thank you!

With regard to your build: All what really counts (for me), is that you poured your heart into it. I really mean that. As far as I can tell from my limited Technic building skills (well, skills is too much, make it attempts) your model is fantastic. But you need to post that in the Technic forum!!! Maybe ask a moderator to move the topic. It would be a waste here I believe.

Best wishes (and again welcome to EB!),
Thorsten

I think something went wrong here and your comment was inserted in the wrong topic.

11 hours ago, Lira_Bricks said:

I think something went wrong here and your comment was inserted in the wrong topic.

@Lira_Bricks Thank you very much for noticing! That was very kind of you. Will post where it belongs.

All the best
Thorsten