Jim

Moved to New Server

As you have probably noticed, we have been busy moving the forum the our new server. We experienced some issues, so it took longer than expected.

We hope that everything is working properly, but if you encounter any issues, let us know.

What's next?

• We have updated our test site with the new version of the forum software
  • We will work on new themes and solve the problems with the themes
  • When we have tested everything on the test forum, we will upgrade the live forum

Hopefully, we can make the forum better and make sure the skins are working properly, also on mobile devices.

Great news! I think the forum deserves a more modern look, and it has some weird things with the theme!

Just now, Xico26 said:

Great news! I think the forum deserves a more modern look, and it has some weird things with the theme!

Yup. We agree on the more modern look. I will be working on a new them which represents EB in a modern way. Some subforums might still keep their own theme, but the main theme will be different.

Thank you very much for the update, the forum is working much better now. :sweet:

Edited by JintaiZ

7 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

I think it may be nice to add a forum to discuss about LEGO competitor brands as they are allowed to be discussed on the website.

We are a recognized LEGO fan media. Which entails that we don't support/endorse clone/competitor brands. In Community forum (and some other cases) we make an exception, but this is a LEGO forum.

Thanks for all the hard work to keep the forum running :thumbup:

Edited by Robert8

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Thanks for all the har work to keep the forum running :thumbup:

Thanks you. We are happy to be back online.

Hooray! Some of us didn't know what to do. Pacing back and forth. Etching the passing days into the wall. Starting builds and abandoning them halfway through. Contemplating visiting other sites. :sick:

Thanks Eurobricks internet technology administrator people and all the behind the scenes work!:wub:

Looking good so far. I think it feels faster for some reason. Maybe that's the benefit from the new server and also the updated forum software.

Feels great to be back!

34 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Thanks for all the hard work, the new forum looks/feels great! :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

I agree on the "Feels" part. The "Looks" part will follow :laugh:

:thumbup:

Thanks @Jim and others for keeping this exceptional business running! :sweet:

Curious about the new looks, the forum runs much smoother (faster, easier) than before. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, agrof said:

Thanks @Jim and others for keeping this exceptional business running! :sweet:

Curious about the new looks, the forum runs much smoother (faster, easier) than before. :thumbup:

I'm curious myself too, because I need to start working on it hehe

It does seem to run a lot smoother indeed :thumbup:

Anyone have an issue with "show new reply" (when you're logged in and viewing a thread/typing)? The popup appears but clicking show reply doesn't appear to be working for me. Not a big deal, just glad to have EB back.

30 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Anyone have an issue with "show new reply" (when you're logged in and viewing a thread/typing)? The popup appears but clicking show reply doesn't appear to be working for me. Not a big deal, just glad to have EB back.

Same here. Apart from that I didn't notice anything else broken.

Also much thanks @Jim and others involved in the move! Glad to have the forums back.

1 hour ago, koalayummies said:

I will try to reproduce the problem.

Seems much faster browsing on a computer from the UK. Thanks! :-)

Edited by J159753

A new reply appears in the form of a pop-up box, but clicking it will not load the new comment. In a similar sense, notifications will appear for new comments without displaying them when viewing the topic unless a manual refresh occurs.

All clean, all nice, and much faster here!

Thank you all for the hard work!

Congratulations to you (and all the fun to us)!

Thorsten

10 hours ago, Scarilian said:

A new reply appears in the form of a pop-up box, but clicking it will not load the new comment. In a similar sense, notifications will appear for new comments without displaying them when viewing the topic unless a manual refresh occurs.

Interesting. That is something we need to look into.

On 1/27/2021 at 12:39 AM, mostlytechnic said:

And I love the cover image you used on the FP - I have this set on my desk at work as my pen holder. Fun set :) 

I didn't even know it was a pen holder. I found it as a postcard :laugh:

Nice work on moving the site :)

One little problem I am having: I get a lot of 500's and 502's, and sometimes not all resources load. Yesterday one of the resources was some JavaScript for the editor, so I could not comment on posts. Is this a problem others are having after the move?

4 hours ago, Lira_Bricks said:

One little problem I am having: I get a lot of 500's and 502's, and sometimes not all resources load. Yesterday one of the resources was some JavaScript for the editor, so I could not comment on posts. Is this a problem others are having after the move?

Yeah, seems there's indeed a problem at peak times (evening time in EU / morning in VS). We are looking into that and are monitoring to pin point the bottleneck.

EDIT: Changes have been done. Now let's see if those solve the issue. So far things are looking good.

28 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Why are featured posts no longer on the front page? I'm sorry if I'm not the first person to ask this.

We still have an issue with the Api to solve.