Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[RCB - OL] Nouveau Oleandia Party

This is looking amazing guys! So many little details from many different perspectives

And here is Turn 11! We're over halfway there! And if anyone still wants to join in, let me know. I've added a band (not sure why two of them are glowing...) and begun a building on the other side of the street.

turn11.png

Turn 12 by NOD! He added a roof to the back building and some minifigure additions.

turn12_3.jpg

7 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

@NOD the blue house with the rooftop terrace is really cute. Well done !

It's a really beautiful building.

This is a fun project to follow! Keep it up! Looks great so far!

13 minutes ago, Bregir said:

This is a fun project to follow! Keep it up! Looks great so far!

You're always welcome to join!

Turn 13 - CAPOnBOBS has added a food cart, a cart with a crocodile captured (maybe ready for food, yum fried gator), and has worked more on the purple building.

turn13.png

Turn 14 - KOTZ worked more on the purple building and contued the green back building.

turn14_2.png

Turn 15 has been completed by NOM! More minifigures have been added, as well as building up the green and purple buildings.

turn15a.jpg

Great project! It would be great if someone made a sort of .gif or anything similar showing the build being completed in sequences

On 5/14/2021 at 3:13 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Great project! It would be great if someone made a sort of .gif or anything similar showing the build being completed in sequences

I'll see what I can do!

And here is Turn 16 by CAPOnBOBS! He has completed the roof of the green building, added minifigures, and it looks like a cat is in there (details to be shown at the end).

turn16.png

Here is Turn 17 by Professor Thaum! He has added some nature on the edge of the build to show the surrounding jungle.

turn17.png

With three turns remaining, the added vegetation is starting to make it look closer to finished. Great work

Turn 18 is done by KOTZ! Work was continued on the final building.

turn18.png

Turn 19 is done by NOD! More foliage has been added as well as the rooftops of the two unfinished buildings.

turn19.jpg

Wow! This is really coming together now. I have yet to have commented what a great idea this concept is. Well done to all involved and I am definitely going to have to convert my digital building to Stud.io!

On 6/1/2021 at 1:05 AM, Ayrlego said:

Wow! This is really coming together now. I have yet to have commented what a great idea this concept is. Well done to all involved and I am definitely going to have to convert my digital building to Stud.io!

Thanks! @CapOnBOBS, @Professor Thaum, and @NOD have been instrumental in building this. They've brought in fun techniques, colors, and little things to find throughout the build. And they are fantastic people to collaborate with. I'm glad this has been a mostly joint effort between all of the factions to make this build come to life.

As for the Stud.io build, I still personally prefer LDD for the build, but decals, rendering, and small minutia of posing are much better with Stud.io. I suggest use both.

The final build and photos should be coming soon!

I have been really happy with that collab' despite my palsied stud.io config (or my palsied PC or whatever palsied making stud.io a f... pain to deal with)

Great idea so far (thanks @KotZ ), and I expect other ideas like that.

19 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I have been really happy with that collab' despite my palsied stud.io config (or my palsied PC or whatever palsied making stud.io a f... pain to deal with)

Great idea so far (thanks @KotZ ), and I expect other ideas like that.

Partially my fault for not catching all the parts that are colliding. Stud.io should really have an option where when collision is on, you can't combine parts.

On another note, the build is finally done! I'll post the final turn photo with all the beauties soon, once they are done rendering.

I've been really impressed with this whole project. It's not something that I would have the patience for, but you guys have built a really impressive settlement, here. Hope we can return the favour for the other nations.

Just realized the final product was 12 x 32 x 32 baseplates: 12,288 studs! That is a monster, I guess the last time I gave any thought to how the final product would be licensed (if at all) it was not nearly that large. The final product was 2 x 32x32 baseplates larger than a royal build footprint, though there was some open space, there were also multiple tall builds. I'm not sure if it would be cultural (parade, lots of flags) or artisan (street fair and shops)? Great work @KotZ for keeping the steady drive alive to get it across the finish line. This was a lot of fun! It was really cool to see how @NOD, @KotZ and @Professor Thaum tackled things each in their own ways along the way. High fives all around. *Hype hype hype for final product*  

So the photos are still rendering... If they're not done by 6pm my time tonight, I'm going to try to render the rest on my laptop which might be faster.

I thank everyone who participated. It was fun and I learned a lot.:pir-huzzah2: I am looking forward to the photos.

Edited by NOD

Rendering is still happening. When I get home tonight, I'll use both laptop and desktop again to render again to get them up either late tonight or hopefully tomorrow morning at latest.