Hi to all,

My last contest on Eurobricks was TC10 pneumatic contest so its been a lot of time! I saw the topic an I think participating is a good idea because I like motorcycle mocs. My main idea was a making a decent looking 2 wheel drive motorcycle moc. It's some sort of scrambler and dirtbike hybrid. Functions are obvious but;

- Front suspension

- Rear suspension

- Flat4 fake engine

- 2 speed gearbox with road (fast) and off-road(slow) modes. On road mode rear drive, on off-road mode 2 wheel drive. Gear ratios 1.14/1 and 1.90/1

I hope you like it. There aremany good mocs and it will be hard for me. Really goodbuilders in competition! Good luck to all :thumbup:

Hybrid (2WD).io

50865888338_a149591f1f_h.jpgIMG_20210123_161902 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50866601841_0f3500fa68_h.jpgIMG_20210123_161738 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50866701562_34a1122f2e_h.jpgIMG_20210123_161803 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50866700442_564254633d_h.jpgIMG_20210123_161452 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50866705012_debdc32423_h.jpgIMG_20210123_162408 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50866603086_3c78cd7a24_h.jpgIMG_20210123_161833 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

50865891098_d5a58e55c6_h.jpgIMG_20210123_162539 by nikolyakov, on Flickr

Edited by nikolyakov
Instructions Link added

Looks great. I like how you managed to get the front and rear drive units into the motorcycle in such as way that they are not visually distracting. These functions are well integrated. 

That fron forkhas good enginering, I like how You solved that thing, where tu put chain, not to make that fron fork too wide.

I just don't really get, how those gears on top are really connected.

43 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Looks great. I like how you managed to get the front and rear drive units into the motorcycle in such as way that they are not visually distracting. These functions are well integrated. 

I am glad you like it. 

42 minutes ago, Jurss said:

That fron forkhas good enginering, I like how You solved that thing, where tu put chain, not to make that fron fork too wide.

I just don't really get, how those gears on top are really connected.

I just saw your moc!  Our aproach to front suspension is very similar. My advantage is using cv joint instead of u-joints for 1 stud more room for gearing. Bigger wheels too. I think I have to read 2. 3. pages of forum for caming more fresh ideas :hmpf_bad:

I think that is one of my favorite ones so far! It has a good mix of complexity and appearance, and I just have a soft spot for those knobby tires.

Good job!

This is really really good. The way the functions have been incorporated whilst keeping the width in control is quite impressive, the front end especially.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:41 PM, jorgeopesi said:

Just wow...

On 1/23/2021 at 11:13 PM, Lakop said:

Great! Good pictures.

H

On 1/23/2021 at 11:38 PM, 2GodBDGlory said:

I think that is one of my favorite ones so far! It has a good mix of complexity and appearance, and I just have a soft spot for those knobby tires.

Good job!

On 1/24/2021 at 12:31 AM, langko said:

This is really really good. The way the functions have been incorporated whilst keeping the width in control is quite impressive, the front end especially.

Thanks, I am glad you like it👍

At first sight it does not look so complex, but after closer visual examination am I amazed how clean and simple-complex solutions you did here. I like the scrambler vibe, the short seat, low posture of the bike, front suspension solution, altough the front end seems to be slightly too long - I know that it is because the FWD mechanism, but still the missing front wheel trail (essential for stability) is slightly disturbing. However, you did a great job on this MOC! :)

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Hello, the link to this page from the result tc19 topic doesn't work.

Maybe you should specify it's a 2wd, your fork is so narrow that I didn't saw it, and like you see in the comments it's the function which should get you votes.

By the way I don't understand how the front drive works.

On 30.01.2021 at 4:39 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

Great job on front wheel drive integration. I don't recall seeing any better solutions done by chain.

On 30.01.2021 at 5:12 PM, HorcikDesigns said:

At first sight it does not look so complex, but after closer visual examination am I amazed how clean and simple-complex solutions you did here. I like the scrambler vibe, the short seat, low posture of the bike, front suspension solution, altough the front end seems to be slightly too long - I know that it is because the FWD mechanism, but still the missing front wheel trail (essential for stability) is slightly disturbing. However, you did a great job on this MOC! :)

Thanks! I am glad you like it. Kind words from two good builder! 

On 02.02.2021 at 10:49 AM, Bluehose said:

Hello, the link to this page from the result tc19 topic doesn't work.

Maybe you should specify it's a 2wd, your fork is so narrow that I didn't saw it, and like you see in the comments it's the function which should get you votes.

By the way I don't understand how the front drive works.

Thanks for heads up I will fix it👍

It is a clear and clean build you present to us.

I must say i am particulary impressed by the reflexion behind this one.

The gear box that gives both different gear ratios and 2WD/RWD...:wub:

And that colorsheme....

Well done, Sir!

On 4-2-2021 at 7:46 AM, steph77 said:

The gear box that gives both different gear ratios and 2WD/RWD...

This also stands out for me, even more so than the front drive which is also very well executed. All in all a great and unique concept.

There are too many unique and beautiful bikes in this contest, voting will be very hard (once again)...:hmpf_bad:

On 2/4/2021 at 9:46 AM, steph77 said:

It is a clear and clean build you present to us.

I must say i am particulary impressed by the reflexion behind this one.

The gear box that gives both different gear ratios and 2WD/RWD...:wub:

And that colorsheme....

Well done, Sir!

2 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

This also stands out for me, even more so than the front drive which is also very well executed. All in all a great and unique concept.

There are too many unique and beautiful bikes in this contest, voting will be very hard (once again)...:hmpf_bad:

Thanks, I am glad you like it :)

Digital file available on Rebrickable