Murdoch17

[MOD] Pirate Ship - Seacow - (21152 MOD) with Captain and crew figs - real life MOC

This strange, pixelated-looking ship with the cow-shaped figurehead has sailed the digital seas and plundered many a helpless Minecraft village. The NPC life was good for the three man crew of the "Seacow", but a chance encounter with a User Exit Portal (think like TRON) sent the pirate ship Seacow into the real world, albeit still in it's 8-bit form. Now, stuck in an unfamiliar world with strange logic, (Round surfaces? What is this deviltry!?!) the crew of the Seacow with it's Captain and nameless crew will have to navigate a way back to their computer paradise from the Pacific Ocean using "digitalized" mariner techniques.

50956576998_e25ec0475a_z.jpg

This ship was inspired by set 21152 (Pirate Ship) from Minecraft theme, (and the Seacow steampunk pirate ship from TLM) this pirate ship is finally done in real life!

50957275576_091095919b_z.jpg

The ship's name (Seacow) is proudly placed on the stern railing.

50957382842_2438bc9bf3_z.jpg

The ship breaks into three parts for storage (or for sinking scenes!), and comes with a plank for walking people into a watery grave that slides left and right that is located in the middle section.

50956576983_b258a99182_z.jpg

Here we see Minecraft pirate Captain Steve (also known as Peg-Leg Stevie, to differentiate himself from the famous original Steve) of the pixelated ship "Seacow". The crew are nameless and dimwitted, a curse of being former digital NPCs. They go by various nicknames the Captain gives them, but are most commonly known by the label seen above their heads: Pirate One (in middle with sash) and Pirate Two (on right in dark blue jacket).

Comments, questions, suggestions, and complaints welcome!

(Also, as an aside to the Moderator's, I put this is "Pirate MOCs" to hopefully get more comments on it... I don't think the "Licensed theme" is right for it, as it IS a pirate ship, after all!)

Ahoy!

50957275576_091095919b_z.jpg

The ship is built in real life and ready to set sail with it's crew!

(First post updated as of now with new pictures ands text.)

Minecraft + Pirates  = My particular soft spot !

I loved the LEGO Minecraft vessel and when I played in Minecraft with the kids I immediately built a ship ! (even if it's not possible to sail in Minecraft though... :pir-cry_sad:)

Perhaps a more Modded vessel could be an idea though. This one is very close to the original one.

13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Minecraft pirates! :pir-oh3:

Yes indeed!

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Minecraft + Pirates  = My particular soft spot !

I loved the LEGO Minecraft vessel and when I played in Minecraft with the kids I immediately built a ship ! (even if it's not possible to sail in Minecraft though... :pir-cry_sad:)

Perhaps a more Modded vessel could be an idea though. This one is very close to the original one.

Thanks, I added a second sail, a new figurehead,  nameplate, and lanterns to the ship, plus I made the keel a whole brick taller. I couldn't think of anything else to do to it...

I'm not sure what to call this type of ship, as it kind of reminds me of the Santa Maria from Columbus' first trip. What do you think @Mister Phes @Faladrin?

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Are they compatible with Super Mario?

Nothing is comparable with those horrible LEGO sets. Oh, wait, you said COMPATIBLE!

…No, not really. :pir_tong2:

Edited by Murdoch17

Hey, this is pretty darn good! Reminds me a lot of what I did, taking two of the Lego Minecraft Pirate Ship sets and ramming them together! I really like the extra embellishments you put on the ship to own it, like the little torches in the back, and the "Seacow" branding on the stern of the ship!