evancelt

[COR-Micro] Small Residence in Wullham

With the whole island to themselves, the new settlers on Panarium could choose the location they wanted to call home.

Artemis Granger found a small sheltered hamlet just to the southeast of Wullham that looked good to him. He could see out off the headlands to the New Haven Sea, and if he climbed up the steep hill behind his house, he could see a mysterious interior mountain off in the distance.

A rainstorm was headed his way, so he took shelter in his whitewashed cottage.

wullham-micro-residence.jpg

Microbuild prize for 3rd Place Faction in The Battle for El Oleonda - Era II, Challenge III

To be licensed as a small residence in Wullham

OOC: My first microbuild! Since Wullham is still new, wanted to try to capture some of the landscape here for others to reference: grass coming down to sand at beach, hills and highlands, and some interior mountains! House is again a whitewashed cottage with a thatched roof. Wanted to try a SNOT tile/plate ocean to keep the color variation without it being too chunky. Left the 1x1 plates off the end of the ocean rows to give it a feeling of motion

Edited by evancelt

I always enjoy seeing techniques for building rain, this is a pretty good one, although rain isn't usually blue. :pir-laugh:

Updated original post with link to micro prize competition. Thanks @Brickwolf! Fun to see all of the builds from that competition that pre-date my discovery of BoBs... so many builds to explore from the past few years!

34 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

I always enjoy seeing techniques for building rain, this is a pretty good one, although rain isn't usually blue. :pir-laugh:

Haha artistic license :pir-grin:

The thatch work is certainly well done. The snow covered mountain is great, and the cloud is fun. An idea, you could mix the clear column holding up the cloud with the rain columns and hold it up while making it just look like a 4th rain column

1 hour ago, CapOnBOBS said:

The thatch work is certainly well done.

That's what 5 years at the Elizabethville School for Thatchery will get you! :pir-grin:

1 hour ago, CapOnBOBS said:

An idea, you could mix the clear column holding up the cloud with the rain columns and hold it up while making it just look like a 4th rain column

Good idea re: rain as the support. I tried that briefly and decided that even though the round trans bricks kind of look like a tornado or something I liked the style of having the rain coming down from the low part of the cloud. Kind of like a modern alarm clock weather icon.

Edited by evancelt