Its unlikely, but it would be funny if this upped the highest piece count record right after the world map released. Seems like they're releasing a new biggest set every few months now

Where did the rumor for the price come from?

Edited by MrKite6

11 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

Where did the rumor for the price come from?

I do not know if this is actually the origin of the rumour but I saw it from one of the leakers on Instagram. I am not sure I can disclose his name though (forum rules). If you want to know his name then PM me 

On another note - can we expect any hints regarding this set on the upcoming Lego con? I am positive they won't reveal it (looking at schedule at least) but I'd love to have at least some sort of hint/teaser 

Wonder if the box will have the usual disclaimer ‘model does not float’ 

On 6/24/2021 at 10:28 PM, 1974 said:

Iceberg will be a GWP

:laugh: 

Lifeboats will be sold separately.

Since 10290 turned out to be a Pickup truck and not the rumoured DeLorean, do we definite proof of a Lego Titanic release?  Too many rumours proving untrue.  I'm starting to doubt.

I was really hoping for a Creator scale Delorean...seems like something strange is going on with leaked info. First it there was a Delorean, then it may be Boost supported, and then there is another VW van, and supposedly a Tumbler, and of course the Titanic. I'm starting to wonder what's true and what's fake.

56 minutes ago, CDM said:

I was really hoping for a Creator scale Delorean...seems like something strange is going on with leaked info. First it there was a Delorean, then it may be Boost supported, and then there is another VW van, and supposedly a Tumbler, and of course the Titanic. I'm starting to wonder what's true and what's fake.

Yeah me too.  I still really hope the Titanic is real though, and though the very high price seems like an unlikely point that may weaken this ‘leak’, I would still expect LEGO to go BIG on this one to blow their competitor’s product out of the water (pun intended)

3 hours ago, CDM said:

AFAIK the Titanic rumor predates the others by a few months, so I suppose it still holds some water. The more recent rumors regarding price and part count might be worth taking with a grain of salt, though.

10 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I would still expect LEGO to go BIG on this one to blow their competitor’s product out of the water (pun intended)

I agree, they might try to sink the competition, I do hope that this rumour is true but there are many false ones floating around.

Edited by Stuartn

Hello, I’m new to this community so it’s nice to meet you all. I’ve been following this thread since it started because the Titanic set will also be a day one purchase for me.

First thing I wanted to say is VanIslandLego replied to one of my comments on a YouTube video yesterday (where I asked about the Titanic set) and they have assured me that our patience will pay off and it’s definitely coming. I’ve also read on numerous threads that the rumoured release date of this set will be November, specifically for the Black Friday event, which means we won’t get any information or further leaks until September/October time. 

Second thing I wanted to say is it could be possible that with the rumoured high price and brick count that would accompany that price tag, that perhaps were not just building the titanic, but maybe a segment of the Belfast shipyard as well? It’s a way to be respectful of why a set like this can be accepted without controversy by having its inception be the very ship being built? So you’d have the full ship, but rather than a stand it’s actually situated in the Thompson Dry Dock where she was fitted out? Or even the slipway with some gantries present? It’s just an idea I had I wanted to share :) 

1E91DAD3-CA9B-43C7-B862-B2808B4ACF0D.jpeg

Wouldn't it be better to have it at the Southampton Dock so that we get a finished Titanic? I feel like this would still make it a celebration of the ship itself, as opposed to it being about the tragedy. Another idea could be that we'd get a little Nomadic to go with it. Would also be cool if they included some Minifigures of a few notable people.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, TitanGuy1 said:

Hello, I’m new to this community so it’s nice to meet you all. I’ve been following this thread since it started because the Titanic set will also be a day one purchase for me.

First thing I wanted to say is VanIslandLego replied to one of my comments on a YouTube video yesterday (where I asked about the Titanic set) and they have assured me that our patience will pay off and it’s definitely coming. I’ve also read on numerous threads that the rumoured release date of this set will be November, specifically for the Black Friday event, which means we won’t get any information or further leaks until September/October time. 

(image)

Welcome @TitanGuy1!  

That's a very good sign - @VanIslandLego is an incredibly reliable source, and has in recent years leaked some very important, real stuff.  No clue who he actually is though, but I'm assuming he's well connected for this to be possible.

November doesn't surprise me at all - this is predicted to be an enormous set, and Black Friday last year brought the Colosseum, so I wouldn't be surprised if this succeeded that.  I think Camp Nou is rumoured September release, and the pickup truck officially October, plus the Winter Village set is always October 1st.  It therefore makes sense.

On 8/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, TitanGuy1 said:

Second thing I wanted to say is it could be possible that with the rumoured high price and brick count that would accompany that price tag, that perhaps were not just building the titanic, but maybe a segment of the Belfast shipyard as well? It’s a way to be respectful of why a set like this can be accepted without controversy by having its inception be the very ship being built? So you’d have the full ship, but rather than a stand it’s actually situated in the Thompson Dry Dock where she was fitted out? Or even the slipway with some gantries present? It’s just an idea I had I wanted to share :) 

True - there are a number of things it could be.  yours and @MrKite6's suggestions are both very good.  Belfast was a huge place for shipbuilding, right through to World War II at least - I remember from my trip to HMS Belfast in London that it was intentionally named after the shipyard.

Slightly off topic, but the "jokes" being made at the expense of the tragedy annoy me. Not just on here, but elsewhere too. For some reason, the fact over 1500 people died that night is humorous to some. To me, it would be like making a joke about what happened during WW2, or when the Twin Towers collapsed. A death is a death, and not something to be made light of.

10 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

Wouldn't it be better to have it at the Southampton Dock so that we get a finished Titanic? I feel like this would still make it a celebration of the ship itself, as opposed to it being about the tragedy. Another idea could be that we'd get a little Nomadic to go with it. Would also be cool if they included some Minifigures of a few notable people.

Good point. The Titanic was finished in the Thompson Dry Dock as well whilst in Belfast just before she did her sea trials and sailed to Southampton so I wouldn’t be surprised if either were a possibility (Belfast or Southampton). And imagine if the SS Nomadic came as a GWP - that would be awesome. Or even if the Tender ship came inside the set itself! Just wish we had some leaked images of the set but it’s still early days.

7 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Welcome @TitanGuy1!  

That's a very good sign - @VanIslandLego is an incredibly reliable source, and has in recent years leaked some very important, real stuff.  No clue who he actually is though, but I'm assuming he's well connected for this to be possible.

November doesn't surprise me at all - this is predicted to be an enormous set, and Black Friday last year brought the Colosseum, so I wouldn't be surprised if this succeeded that.  I think Camp Nou is rumoured September release, and the pickup truck officially October, plus the Winter Village set is always October 1st.  It therefore makes sense.

True - there are a number of things it could be.  yours and @MrKite6's suggestions are both very good.  Belfast was a huge place for shipbuilding, right through to World War II at least - I remember from my trip to HMS Belfast in London that it was intentionally named after the shipyard.

Yeah I’ve been to Belfast twice and going for a third time in April for the 110th anniversary of the Titanic’s voyage and it is a remarkable place seeped in years of history everywhere you turn. It’s a shame they didn’t restore the shipyards into a walking museum experience but what they’ve done with Titanic Belfast and the Slipways is still a sight to behold. I highly recommend a visit if you haven’t done so already :)

11 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

Good point. The Titanic was finished in the Thompson Dry Dock as well whilst in Belfast just before she did her sea trials and sailed to Southampton so I wouldn’t be surprised if either were a possibility (Belfast or Southampton). And imagine if the SS Nomadic came as a GWP - that would be awesome. Or even if the Tender ship came inside the set itself! Just wish we had some leaked images of the set but it’s still early days.

When would they likely announce it? I'm feeling impatient 😂😭

Even if the Nomadic didn't come with it I'd likely make one myself.

1 hour ago, MrKite6 said:

I’m feeling impatient too, ever since the rumour was announced in January 🤣 if it’s set for release Black Friday then I’d assume Lego would officially announce it a few weeks before, so maybe second or third week of October? Though I feel images will leak much sooner than that so we’ll get our first glimpse of the set towards the end of September maybe? 

Yeah I would probably build my own Nomadic too to be fair 😊

2 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

The first leaked image of the colosseum (last year’s equivalent in terms of date released) was apparently 3rd October.  However I think this year they’ve really cracked down on leaks - some like the pickup have been a total surprise.

Curious what color they'd go with for the funnels. I know the most common color used is the common yellow but, when I see MOC Titanics, the Lego Yellow just looks too bright to me.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/wp-content/uploads/Titanic-featured-800x445.jpeg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Titanic_in_color.png/800px-Titanic_in_color.png

Edited by MrKite6
Fixed link for 2nd image

A setting with a dock, be it wether it's Southampton Dock or Thompson Dry Dock, sounds nice, but I think chances are slim. Usually these big sets are one vehicle/building which is then very detailed. If rumours are true and this is going to be one very large set, I think we can expect more in terms of a highly detailed interior than a dock setting. 

Still, probably a day-one purchase for me... :-)

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do anyone know when Titanic set would be expected to be released? 

Black Friday 2021, same time as the Colosseum last year.