53 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

This was on CNN today 

It's also been all over every single website / news-site / magazine you can possibly imagine... I've seen people post links to really obscure magazine articles on Facebook about it. These magazines have literally no overlap in Lego vs whatever they're normally talking about. I saw in the one post to my wall from a friend along the lines of "did you see this?" that Men's Health Magazine even had an article about this set. It's kind of getting crazy, to be honest....

It's like 1997 ALL OVER again.... except this time we don't have to listen to people complain "The door was big enough for Jack! She should've let him onto it!"

This set is awesome, don't get me wrong. But if I hear one more person ask if Jack and Rose come with it, or that if I saw the new Titanic LEGO set...

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

It's like 1997 ALL OVER again.... except this time we don't have to listen to people complain "The door was big enough for Jack! She should've let him onto it!"

But it was.... :sad:

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

But it was.... :sad:

Yeah it was big but not enough to support two-people weight…

We don't have any jokes about Jack and the door but we certainly have an abundance of "Will it include a Lego iceberg? :roflmao:" Jokes which, to me, got pretty old pretty fast.

3 minutes ago, MrKite6 said:

We don't have any jokes about Jack and the door but we certainly have an abundance of "Will it include a Lego iceberg? :roflmao:" Jokes which, to me, got pretty old pretty fast.

Along with "WIll it float", "is there an alternate broken in half build?". Yep, tiresome.

This might have already been answered but do we know the length between the first and last stand?

Edited by Andyperkins

5 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

This might have already been answered but do we know the length between the first and last stand?

According to Bricksie’s video, just under 34 inches.

Sorry for double-posting... I posted this on the "review" thread when I should post it here: 

I am not the person to do this.  I do not have the time nor do I think I am talented enough.  But I would love to see a motorized or otherwise mechanized display base that when turn on/powered, cranked, etc. both separates the sectioned hulls and turns the outer hulls at a 90 degree angle so viewers can see the innards.  reverse power, crank, etc. and it sets the model back intact again.  That would seriously be epic.  

I am looking at getting this model.  I may try to reach out to others on the technic forum for advice on how to perform this.  I may even create a separate thread if there is sufficient interest.  I know it is possible; it is just a matter of finding the right folks to collaborate with to get this done.

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Sorry for double-posting... I posted this on the "review" thread when I should post it here: 

I am not the person to do this.  I do not have the time nor do I think I am talented enough.  But I would love to see a motorized or otherwise mechanized display base that when turn on/powered, cranked, etc. both separates the sectioned hulls and turns the outer hulls at a 90 degree angle so viewers can see the innards.  reverse power, crank, etc. and it sets the model back intact again.  That would seriously be epic.  

I am looking at getting this model.  I may try to reach out to others on the technic forum for advice on how to perform this.  I may even create a separate thread if there is sufficient interest.  I know it is possible; it is just a matter of finding the right folks to collaborate with to get this done.

If I may pitch another idea - I'm hoping someone will make the conversion of the Titanic to the Britannic hospital ship with proper colouring and with and with correct accessories like enlarged davits etc. But like you said, even if I do get the model eventually, I'm not the guy that takes this challenge up however I will applaud anyone who does

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

Any parts list yet anywhere?

Sorry, I saw your question on my review thread but have been busy the last few days, I will work on getting photos of the inventory pages tonight

Just now, VBBN said:

Sorry, I saw your question on my review thread but have been busy the last few days, I will work on getting photos of the inventory pages tonight

Thanks

We'd have been almost a week away from the VIP release date if that part of the leak had been true :cry_sad:

That "Tinic" is actually quite cute @kbalage! I just wish I could part it out to do a smaller White Star Line ship instead of buying the set. (which I can't do anyway)

Anybody going to do a waterline version of the set, instead of a full hull so the Titanic can seem like it's actually "sailing"?

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

Anybody going to do a waterline version of the set, instead of a full hull so the Titanic can seem like it's actually "sailing"?

I wouldn't be surprised to also see a sinking one at some point

On 10/18/2021 at 8:38 AM, MrKite6 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to also see a sinking one at some point

That probably will not be as difficult as it usually would be, with the second interior area right where the Titanic split in two. The interior of that section would also be interesting to see in a sinking/splitting model, with all the rooms exposed. Of course, I prefer the whole Titanic, but it would still be intriguing to see a sinking model.

Edited by TheKingPorg

This set is absolutely stunning! :wub:

It's incredibly tempting to order it on day 1, but I have absolutely nowhere to display something of this size at the moment - I might have to take a trip to Ikea first :laugh:

Has anyone come up with any ideas on how to feasibly display this behemoth of a set? (Besides Racing Brick's Tinic of course!)

Aw man, now I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to get it anytime soon :cry_sad: lost my job a month ago and all my birthday money ended up going towards bills. Adult life sucks.

1 hour ago, MrKite6 said:

Aw man, now I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to get it anytime soon :cry_sad: lost my job a month ago and all my birthday money ended up going towards bills. Adult life sucks.

If its any consolation I think few builders get to enjoy all the sets they would like. Can still build it vicariously by browsing the free instructions once released or completing it digitally. We always need builders to build the sets digitally and upload the files to share for LDD and Ldraw (links to EB's official set file threads built digitally in their respective programs).

Edited by koalayummies

On 10/23/2021 at 2:03 PM, MrKite6 said:

Aw dang, that sucks :sad: