1 hour ago, MrKite6 said:

The wait for the announcement is killing me

I check this forum and google “Lego 10294” at least 10 times a day, and will likely keep doing it until the official announcement.:iamded_lol:

1 hour ago, MrKite6 said:

The wait for the announcement is killing me :cry2:

18 minutes ago, gryffindorx said:

I check this forum and google “Lego 10294” at least 10 times a day, and will likely keep doing it until the official announcement.:iamded_lol:

same here 🤣 any day now because of the leak 😁

On 9/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, RichardGoring said:

Promobricks are saying that it's 123cm long.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-10294-titanic-erstes-bild/131449/

So we're bordering on an acceptable size for a ritual burial canoe? 2 sets gets you enough to make a proper coffin. Which we will need when our spouses find it in the living room. For those that need a matching piece to their insanely huge Hasbro HasLab Jabba's Sail Barge. Oh Lego why do you tempt me so?

Just noticed there isn't a White Star Line flag on the aft mast. Yet another modification I'll be making. I'm thinking a custom decal on a 2335 piece?

I am really excited for this Model. There are a lot of sets I skipped out this year since I don't have the space to put them in my room, but this is something I have wanted for a long time next to the UCS Millennium Falcon release back in 2017. I plan on picking this up on day 1 as long as it doesn't sell as fast as the Falcon did back in 2017. I'm excited to see the Press Release hopefully next week.

10 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

Just noticed there isn't a White Star Line flag on the aft mast. Yet another modification I'll be making. I'm thinking a custom decal on a 2335 piece?

Might be an optional piece in the set itself? So they offer one of every flag and it’s up to you to choose which ones you display on the model? I could see Lego doing this.

On 10/2/2021 at 5:22 AM, Faefrost said:

So we're bordering on an acceptable size for a ritual burial canoe? 2 sets gets you enough to make a proper coffin. Which we will need when our spouses find it in the living room. For those that need a matching piece to their insanely huge Hasbro HasLab Jabba's Sail Barge. Oh Lego why do you tempt me so?

If there was an award for most original comment I could give, you’d win it. This made me laugh 🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Crzypengu said:

I am really excited for this Model. There are a lot of sets I skipped out this year since I don't have the space to put them in my room, but this is something I have wanted for a long time next to the UCS Millennium Falcon release back in 2017. I plan on picking this up on day 1 as long as it doesn't sell as fast as the Falcon did back in 2017. I'm excited to see the Press Release hopefully next week.

I’m really excited for this set too! Even with the leaked image I’m still impatiently checking the internet daily for Lego’s official press release and then the two week wait for October 20th is going to be spent endlessly staring at the press release images. Worst of all, even when I purchase the set on the 20th I still have to wait until November 19th to build it as I have full time work and part time Open University studying to juggle between now and then, but then I have a 2 week holiday starting on the 19th 🤣🤣 Adult life always gets in the way.

14 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

I’m really excited for this set too! Even with the leaked image I’m still impatiently checking the internet daily for Lego’s official press release and then the two week wait for October 20th is going to be spent endlessly staring at the press release images. Worst of all, even when I purchase the set on the 20th I still have to wait until November 19th to build it as I have full time work and part time Open University studying to juggle between now and then, but then I have a 2 week holiday starting on the 19th 🤣🤣 Adult life always gets in the way.

I hear ya. I am currently going to college right now and the closest LEGO store is around 250 miles from where I live currently. May have to call some family members to pick it up at the store which is like 15 miles away, or have it shipped to my house. Really hope that there would be no shipping problems at all though.

15 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

Might be an optional piece in the set itself? So they offer one of every flag and it’s up to you to choose which ones you display on the model? I could see Lego doing this.

🤣🤣 

Nope, not an option, if they did it would then be a "licensed" set.

19 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

That was my thought and why I figured it'd have to be a custom piece

Carefully counting the studs forward of amidships, there are 88, so x 2 = 176, which at 7.8mm per stud comes to 1373mm long. To confirm her known length to beam ratio was 9.54 so you would expect some 18.5 studs wide and indeed, counting across the wheelhouse and bridge wings is 19 studs. The one thing that is wrong is that she is 15% too tall and the shape of the bow is awful. Seeing that Cobi managed to get it right with a 2840 piece 840mm model, either the designer didnt care or the whole thing is a hoax box art.

2 hours ago, Bricstol74 said:

the shape of the bow is awful.

Aw man, now that I look more closely I can't unsee it.

Edit: What are the chances this image is an early draft?

Edited by MrKite6
Added somethin'

19 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

.  Well interestingly enough, it could have the White Star Line logo in there and not need to be a licensed set, at least in the US.  Carnival recently had to reapply for the Trademark for White Star Line. 

The old trademark that they had covered 

"IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Games and playthings, namely, parlor games, board games, dolls, construction toys, mechanical action toys, inflatable toys, infant toys, toy figures and accessories therefor, toys figures, toy figures and cases therefor, toy vehicles, toy vehicles and accessories therefor, toys vehicles and cases therefor, pet toys, stuffed toys, water toys, bath toys, memory games, manipulative games, educational card games, dart games, chess games, card games, building games, arcade games, action target games, action skill games, party games, puzzle games, role playing games, table top games; Gymnastic and sporting articles, namely, stationary exercise bicycles, exercise machines, exercise weights, manually operated exercise equipment, personal exercise mats, exercise balls, balls for sports; Decorations for Christmas trees; scale model ships, Christmas tree ornaments, playing cards, golf club head covers, golf bags, sports bags specially adapted for tennis equipment, puzzles; gaming equipment, namely, poker chips; toy musical instruments, namely, horns, drums and maracas; toy dolls; toy boats; model toy ships; inflatable toy dolls and ring buoys for recreational use; inflatable toy cruise ships; plush toys; replacement parts and fittings for the aforementioned goods"

However, the new trademark doesn't include anything in IC 028.  So there is no claim to the trademark for construction toys and the like.  The new trademark was filed in October of 2019.  I am guessing that seeing this change, Lego decided that they could go ahead and make the set now as they didn't need to go to Carnival to get a license.  And there is no trademark on the name Titanic in international class 28.  So Lego is completely in the clear doing this set and the need to license any of the logos from Carnival. 

2 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

Hopefully! I hadn’t considered that. To be honest I have doubts the entire thing is real. Let’s hope they have improved on this.

2 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

Also we don’t know how much this image has been cropped - there’s no telling what the size of the box is, meaning the image could’ve been stretched out or thinned. Plus it could be an early draft which someone took a picture of to purposefully leak. Either way, I’m sure we’ll see official images and a press release any day now if the October 20th VIP release is true.

40 minutes ago, TitanGuy1 said:

Also we don’t know how much this image has been cropped - there’s no telling what the size of the box is, meaning the image could’ve been stretched out or thinned. Plus it could be an early draft which someone took a picture of to purposefully leak. Either way, I’m sure we’ll see official images and a press release any day now if the October 20th VIP release is true.

No amount of stretching alters the fact that shes 15% too tall against the correct  ratio of 176 studs long by 19 studs wide. The stud count doesnt change.

I wonder when the set will be revealed. Last D2C with VIP early-access was Santa's Visit, which was revealed a week before its release. As much as I hope that the VIP release of the Titanic is indeed on the 20th of October, and that it would be revealed this week, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another week or two before any official information. Besides, a set this big would need a teaser as well, right?

According to Promobricks, it will be even bigger, so 135cm in lenght and 44cm in hight...

Mahoosive! No space, no money, but want want want :D

42 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

According to Promobricks, it will be even bigger, so 135cm in lenght and 44cm in hight...

Mahoosive! No space, no money, but want want want :D

And there will be some interior in it.

Dear Lego,

Today's my birthday, so it'd be really cool if you could officially announce the Titanic set today.

Sincerely, Mr. Kite

Expanding on what @Polarlicht and @mark1991t have said, this is from PromoBricks website which I’ve translated into English for non German speaking folk such as myself :) 

from PromoBricks:

(Update from October 6th, 2021) At the end of October, another set for adult LEGO fans will appear with the LEGO 10294 Titanic. After a first picture of the packaging had recently appeared and gave us a first look at the ship, we have now been able to find out more details for you. The LEGO Titanic will be 135 cm long and 44 cm high and is therefore a whole lot bigger than initially assumed. All in all, the ship is pretty much exactly on a scale of 1: 200.

What many fans should be happy about is that there will probably be no stickers in the set. As it looks, all visible details are prints, the flags of the Titanic are printed foil parts. There will also be a small nameplate in the set, which uses the printed key parts of the LEGO Ideas 21327 typewriter to form the name "Titanic".

It will also be possible to open the LEGO model of the Titanic between the first and second and between the third and fourth chimneys to inspect the interior of the ship. Some readers had already noticed the seam, which is in the appropriate place from top to bottom. The LEGO Titanic thus consists of three modules that you can put together or take apart.

The decks of the ship are reproduced in detail and true to the original in a depth of three knobs at the corresponding points that can be opened. Here, for example, you can discover the bathrooms, dormitories, the salons or the swimming pool. At the very bottom are the huge steam engines, which can be removed. If you turn a gear, the individual pistons can be moved up and down. In addition, the corresponding propeller rotates at the same time via a Technic axis. The interior of the ship consists of a mostly hollow Technic framework, the outer walls are attached to it in a modular manner.

I really hope the interior includes the grand staircase then (which I’m assuming it will if the viewing is between the first and second funnel). This set is getting better and better! Can’t wait for the official press release 😃

oh and happy birthday @MrKite6 fingers crossed the reveal is today to make your birthday more special 😊

Hello everybody! I have been viewing Eurobricks since the beginning of last year, and have been following this thread since it was created back in January. I have been meaning to sign up for a while now, but the recent leak led me to decide to finally make an account before the set is officially revealed, so I can share my thoughts when it is. Speaking of the set, I absolutely love it! I’ve been interested and researching every little thing I can about the Titanic for many years now, and have been waiting for a lego set for just as long, and I think Lego knocked it out of the park. I’m so excited to finally see all the pictures of it and (Hopefully) it’s interior when it is revealed, and talking to you all about it then!

And happy birthday @MrKite6!

Edited by TheKingPorg
Spelling

32 minutes ago, TheKingPorg said:

Hello everybody! I have been browsing Eurobricks since the beginning of last year, and have been following this thread since it was created back in January. I have been meaning to sign up for a while now, but the recent leak led me to decide to finally make an account before the set is officially revealed, so I can share my thoughts when it is. Speaking of the set, I absolutely love it! I’ve been interested and researching every little thing I can about the Titanic for many years now, and have been waiting for a lego set for just as long, and I think Lego knocked it out of the park. I’m so excited to finally see all the pictures of it and it’s interior when it is revealed, and talking to you all about it then!

Welcome to the forum! I also signed up relatively recently and was in the exact same position as you for some time. And believe me, it's more fun to participate in discussion than to just be silent observer :classic: 

@TitanGuy1 if what promobricks say is true than this is awesome news! When, oh when will Lego indulge us with a reveal of the set? 

I'm in more and more difficult position since I can't decide between getting UCS AT-AT or Titanic for Christmas and I can only afford one. This decision won't be an easy one, that's for sure

@MrKite6 happy birthday, may the holy brick grant your wish! 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:35 PM, Bricstol74 said:

No amount of stretching alters the fact that shes 15% too tall against the correct  ratio of 176 studs long by 19 studs wide. The stud count doesnt change.

if what promobricks say is true regarding interior space, that might explain the extra height. I assume it would be higher to accommodate for that interior