Seen the picture, can’t see any reason why this shouldn’t be real.

what a set! Can’t wait to buy and build it…

1 minute ago, Vilhelm22 said:

If you’re talking about BriqFoundation, Mark is an incredibly reliable source, and I trust him completely.  This is real.

I was randomly looking through #leagoleaks hence my scepticism was higher than usual :classic: I didn't know BriqFoundation also put out this post

IT'S AMAZING! I can't believe it's finally happening I'm so excited for this. The model is so sleek, not a single studed area in sight! 

Beautiful. Looks like the smokestacks are 4 studs in diameter. If they are perfectly proportioned to the ship, then it should be about 125cm in length since 6.7m/269m = ~0.025 and 4 studs/160studs = 0.025. 160 studs long = 5 baseplates long = about 125cm.

When can we expect a press release?

What a gorgeous build. It’s so much better than I expected! It’s been a great fun ride following the rumors and speculations and now finally see a leaked image of this set.

52 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Beautiful. Looks like the smokestacks are 4 studs in diameter. If they are perfectly proportioned to the ship, then it should be about 125cm in length since 6.7m/269m = ~0.025 and 4 studs/160studs = 0.025. 160 studs long = 5 baseplates long = about 125cm.

When can we expect a press release?

As there’s now a leak, pretty imminently.  These days they try to contain the leaks as much as they possibly can, more than before, and consequently the press release tends to be a few days after the leaks.  I can’t guarantee it though.  The set releases 20th October for VIPs so should be announced very soon anyway.  I’m guessing that this is a LAN product so we should see some professional reviews soon as well. 

I love it, they absolutely nailed capturing the sleekness of the bow!

If you look closely, you can see a vertical seam running along side the entire ship after the first funnel. I wonder if that's due to the ship being built in sections, or maybe a way to see some interior detail?

Edited by zachsterosu

13 minutes ago, TheMainBricker said:

Interesting that the iceberg is a GWP!

I suspect you know this already, but I'm not convinced by the iceberg GWP.

Partly because it's in terrible taste and LEGO wouldn't do it.

Partly it's that it has no reason to be so blurry other than to mask it being created.

Partly it's because the box 3D angles are very worryingly wrong.

But mostly it's that someone has very obviously, and very basically, cropped the Titanic logo from the real leak and slapped it onto a crappy box. :laugh:

It does have brick built penguins though, so at least they've tried to be consistent with the chariot.:shrug_oh_well:

LEGO finally comes out with a set I've wanted since approx. the year 1999 (when I really kicked the Titanic obsession into overdrive by watching "A Night to Remember" at least once a month, at a age younger than you go to Kindergarten in!), and it's so expensive I can't afford it, even with a months worth of work. Oh well, it will be mine in my dreams, as the price is sure to go up after a few years once it goes on the aftermarket!

....Ship of Dreams it has been all my life, and in my dreams it will stay. :cry_sad:

Edited by Murdoch17

To paint or not to paint those bright yellow funnels... I don't like the idea of painting Lego but... but... :pir_wacko:

Yep, that’ll do!  Going to be an expensive Christmas to myself 😁

Although, is the UCS AT-AT still a thing? Might be a hard choice if so!
They’ve really done well with avoiding the stepped hull the ‘competition’ have.

what’s wrong with the funnel colours though, as per post above?

It does look very cool. I can't see myself getting it, but I will hopefully see it in a store, and be delighted for those that enjoy it. Very impressive. I hope they've managed to get some interior detail in there.

They're supposed to be a more pale-r yellow. Of course, I'm just being incredibly picky! Pay no mind to me! >.>

White-Star-Buffs-Logo-x2.png

image0-jpg.76839

(Note, above photo is Olympic, not Titanic, but they're practically the same ship)

39 minutes ago, MrKite6 said:

Where was this said?

There's a mockup floating on #legoleaks showing an iceberg in the style of the Roman Charriot GWP, but the original poster only intended it as a joke (link because it's not a leak): 

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

There's a mockup floating on #legoleaks showing an iceberg in the style of the Roman Charriot GWP, but the original poster only intended it as a joke (link because it's not a leak): 

Hide contents

It said it’s a joke.

1 hour ago, MrKite6 said:

To paint or not to paint those bright yellow funnels... I don't like the idea of painting Lego but... but... :pir_wacko:

Or swap pieces in differnet colors? I dunno…

What an absolute beauty! I can't believe how smooth they've got the hull looking. Also, if I'm seeing it right, it looks in scale with microfigs...? 

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Or swap pieces in differnet colors? I dunno…

Wonder how it would look with some tan 85941s

3 hours ago, Ajf350d said:

Yep, that’ll do!  Going to be an expensive Christmas to myself 😁

Although, is the UCS AT-AT still a thing? Might be a hard choice if so!
They’ve really done well with avoiding the stepped hull the ‘competition’ have.

what’s wrong with the funnel colours though, as per post above?

It sure is! I don't know about you but this beats any Star Wars set I have or will ever have. And that says something considering my collection is 90% Star Wars these days. Gosh I am just so excited! I feel like Rose in the movie when she says it's been 84 years lol

Can't wait for the press release and reviews that are to come!

Also fun thing I just remembered. Many years ago on vacation I saw an amazing wooden Titanic model in a souvenir shop of some sort. It wasn't for sale but rather a display piece. When we asked the owners where they bought it, the lady wouldn't tell but said she could sell it to us for 500 euros. We were like yeah, no way we'll pay that much for a Titanic model. Well, well... Time to start selling some of my sealed Star Wars sets lol