On 11/29/2021 at 8:24 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Light My Bricks’ lights are so small that they fit inside a stud, so almost no pieces are replaced.  Those which are, however, use official pieces to hold the cables in place etc.

Cool to hear, that was always my hesitation with these light kits...  

//Update

Received the lighting kit from Game of Bricks today! Now to find time between building the Winter Village to install them...

img_5532.jpeg

I've managed to install the lighting kit yesterday. At some points a bit fiddly, but overall good to do; Photo instructions were very clear in what you need to dismantle to install the various light strings. Quality of the parts are very good, Ali Express light kits are nothing in comparison! Here are two photos from the end result:

img_5551.jpegimg_5552.jpeg

Edited by astra
additional photos and info

On 12/8/2021 at 5:45 AM, astra said:

//Update

Received the lighting kit from Game of Bricks today! Now to find time between building the Winter Village to install them...

img_5532.jpeg

I've managed to install the lighting kit yesterday. At some points a bit fiddly, but overall good to do; Photo instructions were very clear in what you need to dismantle to install the various light strings. Quality of the parts are very good, Ali Express light kits are nothing in comparison! Here are two photos from the end result:

img_5551.jpegimg_5552.jpeg

That looks really good, better then I expected!

I was just considering an intriguing idea, that potentially  Lego will release more ship sets like the Titanic. I doubt it, as there isn’t any ship that comes close to Titanic in terms of recognizability, and therefore probably wouldn’t sell as well, but I think it would be cool to see ships like Carpathia, Lusitania, Brittanic etc, sort of like what lego had been doing with the yearly stadium releases. I know this isn’t likely, but we can always hope! 

1 hour ago, TheKingPorg said:

cool to see ships like

Bismarck, The Hood and the Graf Zeppelin would be nice choices.

8 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Bismarck, The Hood and the Graf Zeppelin would be nice choices.

Yeah definitely! I don’t know if Lego would consider doing warships though…

28 minutes ago, TheKingPorg said:

Yeah definitely! I don’t know if Lego would consider doing warships though…

You didn't catch the black background..

I was more thinking towards the bottom of the sea.
Legosets of disasters.

4 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

You didn't catch the black background..

I was more thinking towards the bottom of the sea.
Legosets of disasters.

Ahh gotcha lol.

I would love the idea of an official Lego battleship on a scale as the Titanic but sadly, there's just no way - even with the 18+ line of sets. Real-life warfare and Lego don't mix (this holds 99% true, remember the Sopwith camel and some Germans in Lego Indiana Jones sets)

What I could see happening is potentially an unofficial sub-line of big ships under 18+ lineup. But seeing Lego testing the waters with this lineup more than anything, I too think this is unfortunately not very realistic

A big civilian ships could be nice too - a container ship, a tanker (too controversial perhaps?), a modern cruise ship... 

On 1/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, Alpha Draconis said:

I would love the idea of an official Lego battleship on a scale as the Titanic but sadly, there's just no way - even with the 18+ line of sets. Real-life warfare and Lego don't mix (this holds 99% true, remember the Sopwith camel and some Germans in Lego Indiana Jones sets)

What I could see happening is potentially an unofficial sub-line of big ships under 18+ lineup. But seeing Lego testing the waters with this lineup more than anything, I too think this is unfortunately not very realistic

A big civilian ships could be nice too - a container ship, a tanker (too controversial perhaps?), a modern cruise ship... 

Lego still have an ongoing partnership with MSC Cruises. I’m actually surprised we’ve not already seen a cruise ship in similar scale to the Maersk 10241 Triple-E.

Personally, I’d love to see a gas carrier or cruise ship in that scale.
For other ships in ‘Titanic scale’ I don’t think there are many options that are sufficiently globally recognised to justify it. Perhaps QE2 or Queen Mary? 

4 hours ago, Big Adam said:
For other ships in ‘Titanic scale’ I don’t think there are many options that are sufficiently globally recognised to justify it. Perhaps QE2 or Queen Mary? 

I would say that the second most well known passenger liner would be Lusitania, but I don’t know how likely that is because it sank in wartime…

5 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Lego still have an ongoing partnership with MSC Cruises. I’m actually surprised we’ve not already seen a cruise ship in similar scale to the Maersk 10241 Triple-E.

Personally, I’d love to see a gas carrier or cruise ship in that scale.

Interesting, I was not aware of this partnership, this may produce some sets available for larger consumption (I hope)

I agree, Titanic scale is probably not something Lego would dare to come close with another ship. The only examples worthy of such size in my opinion would be battleships but we know Lego won't make them

Who knows what will happen to 18+ line and how consistent it will be in the future. Right now it's hard to predict a pattern with its sub-themes such as ships and railway, both of which I would like to see more of in the future

For now, even a smaller scale container or any other modern ship would be enough for me, similar to already existing Maersk ships

On 1/8/2022 at 8:19 PM, Chilis said:

Wonder when the Titanic will be back in stock.... :wub:

Lego Titanic came back in stock today and was right back out of stock 14 minutes after receiving the back in stock email from lego. I did get my order placed 8 minutes after the email. However received the dreaded back ordered email from Lego not long after. I have never seen a set that has been out of 2.5 months never stay in stock for not even 2 hours several times. I hope the back order ships in next couple weeks, but almost would rather them wait to put in stock for when they have many more available. 

Edited by Bbafett

On 1/20/2022 at 3:41 PM, Bbafett said:

Lego Titanic came back in stock today and was right back out of stock 14 minutes after receiving the back in stock email from lego. I did get my order placed 8 minutes after the email. However received the dreaded back ordered email from Lego not long after. I have never seen a set that has been out of 2.5 months never stay in stock for not even 2 hours several times. I hope the back order ships in next couple weeks, but almost would rather them wait to put in stock for when they have many more available. 

Thanks.., yeah, it`s very frustrating!! Why don`t they make it possible to order in backorder? Then they would see the actual demand too. Arg..

I had the Titanic set in my cart Thursday, but by the time checkout was complete it had disappeared. PayPal was showing it had been purchased - Lego order summary didn't show it ordered. So basically it sold-out while the payment transaction was being made.

So what is the reason this set is so poorly avalaible when the AT-AT is not?

Edited by merman

On 2/14/2022 at 10:15 PM, merman said:

So what is the reason this set is so poorly avalaible when the AT-AT is not?

I'd say it's a supply-demand issue (like with most things these days). Lego simply is not getting enough sets produced since they didn't take into account how popular it's going to be or they don't have that much manufacturing capability

For an average adult consumer (target audience) I'd say Titanic is more iconic/desirable than an AT-AT. Plus it's less expensive and at first glance might provide more value for money 

Short story, AT-AT is not selling as fast as Titanic and production can't keep up. This should usually stabilises after some time, if I had to say I'd say it's going to take around a year 

Hello,

I have a previously owned Titanic set on the way. The boxes one and two have been opened, but the third remains sealed. The seller thinks there may be missing pieces. Does anyone know of an online inventory that breaks the set down by box? Otherwise I'll do an inventory of the entire set. Thank you.

Stock finally seems to be stabilising here in the U.K., did a store check earlier and quite a few reported availability including my local one so rang up and reserved one.

No idea where it will go though but still excited to finally get one after almost a year of it being practically sold out with only the odd trickle available round the country and any online vanishing within minutes.

Edited by Andyperkins

I wonder if this thing will ever get a little bit cheaper than MRSP. It's in stock at Lego, and they have the cheapest price (MSRP). Normally with sets, other websites have the cheapest price.

Has anyone else noticed that the US flag in the Titanic set is incorrect to what it would have been at the time the Titanic sailed?

On 1/3/2023 at 9:23 PM, jonwil said:

Has anyone else noticed that the US flag in the Titanic set is incorrect to what it would have been at the time the Titanic sailed?

When the Titanic sailed in April 1912, the US flag had 46 stars, which is what is included in the set. It was increased to 48 in July of the same year.

Did nobody notice the tile pattern in some decks doesn't line up, like here in the pool room?!

zo4QxYw.jpg

Also these bow pieces wouldn't stay together and there would always be a gap on their ends, so i added those COBI connectors, which are just great!

j46R7O6.jpg

j46R7O6.jpg