On 11/11/2021 at 5:07 PM, SuperSirLink said:

....I am curious to see if the measurements on the site are accurate.  My shelf location will have very specific measurements, so once someone completes it, I would be curious to know if the measurements are in fact accurate...

11 hours ago, Shiva said:

Was it sent back to Belgium from UK, or did the tracker get bugged?

No idea. Still showing as being in Belgium but tracker has not updated since Friday (12th). Hoping I’ll get an update today.

EDIT: Just received invoice dated 12 Nov (I ordered 08 Nov) and my VIP points just posted.

Still showing as being in Belgium though……..

Edited by Big Adam

He is in! Finally!

Received an email this weekend from Lego confirming that there were (are?) indeed problems with the delivery. No details about whether it was with Lego or DPD.

Anyway, I am happy again!

It’s normal for the customs clearance (Oldbury)  message to appear before it leaves Belgium.

My understanding is that it is an electronic clearance in advance of shipping -  at least that’s how DPD described when I once asked.

Just noticed that a couple of companies have already released light kits for the Titanic, And they look pretty awesome.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwFUrf9DE3qtEsrXM0BpSg00xsXS3BoeKm1pCSsSsLMUmaiYWn3ZyucQI9EPQiytCLi6OVjWv7T3LbSFm85yUJIYnlnJsDr4KcLjyq4qou5FhdVfixfrbbFg&usqp=CAELEGO Titanic 10294 Light Kit

Edited by TheKingPorg

15 hours ago, TonP said:

He is in! Finally!

Received an email this weekend from Lego confirming that there were (are?) indeed problems with the delivery. No details about whether it was with Lego or DPD.

Anyway, I am happy again!

15 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Bingo! Just got email from DPD confirming delivery tomorrow. Looks like glitchy tracking.

hope you both get your sets delivered today then! :) my online warehouse has finally dispatched even though I emailed them to say I gave up waiting and found and purchased one from a local store and don’t need the online order anymore. I’ll have to wait until I receive it before I return it I guess.

3 hours ago, TheKingPorg said:

Just noticed that a couple of companies have already released light kits for the Titanic, And they look pretty awesome.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwFUrf9DE3qtEsrXM0BpSg00xsXS3BoeKm1pCSsSsLMUmaiYWn3ZyucQI9EPQiytCLi6OVjWv7T3LbSFm85yUJIYnlnJsDr4KcLjyq4qou5FhdVfixfrbbFg&usqp=CAELEGO Titanic 10294 Light Kit

Is Game of Bricks a legitimate and trustworthy company? I really want those lights on the set! 😃

8 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

Is Game of Bricks a legitimate and trustworthy company? I really want those lights on the set! 😃

That’s what I was wondering, I’m not sure how trustworthy they are… But looking at Lightaling (They made light kit in the first picture) they seem pretty legit. But then again their kit costs over twice as much as the Game of Bricks one… 

My set arrived earlier today. Tempted by prospect of a lighting kit but with a set as complex as this one, I’m wondering how straightforward the install would be?

Research needed.

Even though I haven’t completed box one yet, i ordered the Game of Bricks light kit. When it arrives I’ll post my findings in this topic

On 11/9/2021 at 11:49 PM, Friscorays said:

Designer video went up a few days ago.

I wonder if the designer video's length of 9:09 is a reference to the model's piece count of 9,090 pieces.

5 hours ago, astra said:

Even though I haven’t completed box one yet, i ordered the Game of Bricks light kit. When it arrives I’ll post my findings in this topic

Keep us updated please, if it’s a good light kit I’ll order it and install the lights at some point next year. It’ll mean dismantling the model (because I’m still going to build it this week starting tomorrow) but it’ll be worth it 😅

The Brick Lights look pretty awesome. I was wondering when Lego Light Products were going to be released but I guess they are already here.

Got my Titanic quite early and enjoyed the build alot. Now she has a nice place on my dresser where I see her bow everytime I enter the room. So after some days it starts to bug me a little how triangle shaped it is with that small gap where it reaches the max hull width. I think the back is much more elegand shaped. So Im thinking to modifiy the front part to give it a little more curve, like on the real titanic. Anyone else feel the same?

Titanic03-1.jpg?resize=683,1024&ssl=1

Edited by Elphiel

23 hours ago, Elphiel said:

Got my Titanic quite early and enjoyed the build alot. Now she has a nice place on my dresser where I see her bow everytime I enter the room. So after some days it starts to bug me a little how triangle shaped it is with that small gap where it reaches the max hull width. I think the back is much more elegand shaped. So Im thinking to modifiy the front part to give it a little more curve, like on the real titanic. Anyone else feel the same?

Everything can be improved upon but I imagine this is going to be quite a job.  I would be interested in seeing what you come up with....

So now that a few people have the set in hand, what's the building and overall experience? I probably will never have this set myself but it's dang cool and I'm really interested in what people have to say about it

Not quite finished yet, stern is currently in progress, but I like the build very very much!

Not a lot of repetitive steps, except the ones you can expect, like the portholes. You can really see that they tried to make the build special, different techniques, intricate details and a joy to relax and build.

even though it was mentioned in the various  reviews, this ship is REALLY big. And sturdy, didn’t expect it to be structurally that rigid!

When it is finished it gets lights and then a nice place on top of the cupboard in our living room.

Just finished mine earlier today. The building experience was pretty good though my fingers hurt a little bit with the assembly of the small windows on the side since they are mostly 1x1 plates. There were definitely some building techniques that I have never seen before in all my years of building sets which was great. 

The set took me around 24 hours to finish which seemed understandable until I realize some people completed it in half of that time which is kind of insane to me. You'll definitely need quite a bit of shelf space for this set as it takes up a lot of room length size of course. I might end up altering between separating the set into 3 pieces on top of my dresser to the full assembled build on a table when necessary. It's a set that you should purchase if you are into the History of the Titanic or you just like collecting giant ships. So glad I ordered it online so I can see my bud of it first in person rather than the display model at the Lego Store. 

It seems this really is one of the best sets lego has produced to date, I'm really happy for anyone that got or will get it. If it hadn't been for the fact that UCS AT-AT releases so close to this set I probably would've gone and picked one myself

Speaking of the assembled set do you guys have any display cases in mind? I have a smaller Titanic model on a shelf (around 88 cm long) and since I neglected to dust it regularly it's now almost impossible to get the dust off of it

The Lego lighting company I consider best, Light My Bricks, has just released their kit for those interested.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

The Lego lighting company I consider best, Light My Bricks, has just released their kit for those interested.

The idea of getting a lighting kit for Titanic is intriguing...  Though I don't normally get these kits.  Do they use official LEGO for the parts they replace?  Will wait and see what other's pictures look like, having a hard time seeing where they are putting the lights in the official pictures since the lights are blown out...

14 hours ago, SuperSirLink said:

The idea of getting a lighting kit for Titanic is intriguing...  Though I don't normally get these kits.  Do they use official LEGO for the parts they replace?  Will wait and see what other's pictures look like, having a hard time seeing where they are putting the lights in the official pictures since the lights are blown out...

Light My Bricks’ lights are so small that they fit inside a stud, so almost no pieces are replaced.  Those which are, however, use official pieces to hold the cables in place etc.