57 minutes ago, TheKingPorg said:

Agreed.

And @SuperSirLink apparently that flag was flying from that location on the bow while the Titanic was being dressed in Southampton, though it was not flying during the voyage so I am nto sure why they included it. Not that I am complaining, another cool flag piece is always welcome. :pir-tongue:

Ahh cool, yeah, I have many books and documentaries about her, but never seen that before...

Sadly my order is still stuck on ‘In Warehouse’ and Lego have emailed me to say they’re experiencing high volumes of orders and will get to shipping mine soon. Even though I’m not building the set until next week Friday I’d rather it have been delivered by now so I know it’s safe if you know what I mean 

My order is ‘shipped’ according to Lego since last Saturday, however DPD states on their website that only the label was created…. 

absolutely no idea now when to expect the set. 

The same here. Weird. I have noticed a couple of times that their tracking website was unavailable in the early morning. Too busy there? Or will they show up at my doorstep unexpected? I guess patience is needed here.

3 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

Sadly my order is still stuck on ‘In Warehouse’ and Lego have emailed me to say they’re experiencing high volumes of orders and will get to shipping mine soon. Even though I’m not building the set until next week Friday I’d rather it have been delivered by now so I know it’s safe if you know what I mean 

Exactly the same here. Oh well.

I guess my order just shipped out of Romeoville, Illinois early this morning. Should be expecting it to arrive on November 15th now.

I think I muttered too soon... Just got an email from DPD saying they will deliver it today!

Same country, but no email yet;-)

Is the DPD tracking for your package saying it will be delivered today?

Edited by TonP

Mine was delivered this morning... WOW  Pictures don't do justice to the size of the box... And the weight!  Sadly in the box it will remain till I get the shelf built for it and get some time to dedicate.

If some would have asked what would be my ultimate dream set to have, Titanic would be it hands down.  As a kid I always wanted to have Titanic done in LEGO, even made a smaller attempt at one point.  But quickly realized it had to be bigger to do justice and capture the needed detail.  Needless to say I am beyond ecstatic...

Edit, I am curious to see if the measurements on the site are accurate.  My shelf location will have very specific measurements, so once someone completes it, I would be curious to know if the measurements are in fact accurate...

Edited by SuperSirLink

6 hours ago, SuperSirLink said:Edit, I am curious to see if the measurements on the site are accurate.  My shelf location will have very specific measurements, so once someone completes it, I would be curious to know if the measurements are in fact accurate...

Almost all the reviews I have seen provide dimensions. They can’t all be wrong?

I’m still ‘In Warehouse’ despite opening day order. :blush:

I'm actually considering getting a display case for this model. There is a display case for the Trumpeter Titanic 1/200 scale model that fits perfect for this set as they both have similar measurements. However it costs a pretty penny to get something like that so I might just wait to see if other Lego Display companies will produce anything soon. 

5 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

I’m shipped! Whoop-whoop! 😍

Nice one. I’m still waiting and getting really annoyed with Lego now. I’ve booked time off work from next week Friday specifically to build this set and it still hasn’t left the warehouse. It’s frustrating 😩

Well, the Lego order status says that the order has been shipped Nov 6, but the tracking record of both Lego and DPD still says "Order information has been transmitted to DPD."

By now I start to wonder whether the box has actually left the Lego warehouse after they sent the info about it to DPD.

I have send an email to Lego asking for info and got the automated answer that they will contact me in a couple of days.

Oke, fair enough, they may be busy over there, but it would be nice to keep the customer posted about any delays.

Edited by TonP

8 minutes ago, TonP said:

Well, the Lego order status says that the order has been shipped Nov 6, but the tracking record of both Lego and DPD still says "Order information has been transmitted to DPD."

By now I start to wonder whether the box has actually left the Lego warehouse after they sent the info about it to DPD.

I have send an email to Lego asking for info and got the automated answer that they will contact me in a couple of days.

Oke, fair enough, they may be busy over there, but it would be nice to keep the customer posted about any delays.

Exactly, all I get as a response is it’ll ship ‘soon’. I’ve spoken to four different members of staff now and they’ve all said the same thing yet they took the money two weeks ago. I just don’t understand why they can’t give us a straight answer. 

Also you’re better off contacting them through their online  chat, it’s more instantaneous than awaiting an email response.

Edited by TitanGuy1

(Dutch) Titanic customers whose DPD order status is still at 'information transmitted to DPD': I talked to DPD customer support and LEGO CS (NL). While DPD was not helpful at all ("all I know sir, is that the information was sent to DPD"), LEGO CS was able to shed some light: DPD are currently overwhelmed with all the orders they have to ship. There are pallets with Titanic sets waiting  to be picked up by DPD trucks at the LEGO warehouse.

I received my set yesterday; probably a problem with DPD indeed. Up until Wednesday evening late the status on the Lego site and the DPD site was 'Order information has been transmitted to DPD' and Thursday morning it changed to on route and end of the morning the set was delivered...

Interestingly, the Lego site says my order was ‘undergoing customs clearance in Oldbury’ two days ago. 
It got pushed to DPD today.

So this ‘In Warehouse’ tag is nonsense really as it also covers the period that your item is en-route to the country of final destination.

Finally progress, DPD says "In Transit". I guess this means that DPD has picked up the box at the Lego warehouse in Puurs.

So I’m still on ‘In Warehouse’ and on a whim I rang up the nearest Lego store to see if they had the set in stock and they did, so I’ve asked them to reserve one for me and I’ll be picking it up today. Can’t cancel my online order so I’ll have to wait until I receive it before I return it. Though if anyone on here who lives in the UK is on back order and wants the set sooner, I’m happy to sell it to them. I’ll only charge extra for postage :)

2 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

So I’m still on ‘In Warehouse’ and on a whim I rang up the nearest Lego store to see if they had the set in stock and they did, so I’ve asked them to reserve one for me and I’ll be picking it up today. Can’t cancel my online order so I’ll have to wait until I receive it before I return it. Though if anyone on here who lives in the UK is on back order and wants the set sooner, I’m happy to sell it to them. I’ll only charge extra for postage :)

That’s a sensible approach. According to the tracking, my order was in the UK on the 10th but it’s now in Belgium!!

8 hours ago, Big Adam said:

That’s a sensible approach. According to the tracking, my order was in the UK on the 10th but it’s now in Belgium!!

In Belgium?! That’s mad! I wonder what’s going on with the warehouses? I reckon they don’t even have my one in stock and that’s why they keep on delaying it’s shipment. Either way I picked up a set from the Lego store today and I now have it safe at home waiting to be built next week. If I was you I’d ring up all your local Lego stores and ask if they have one in stock. You’d probably get it much sooner that way, there’s no telling how long Lego will take to deliver these sets now.