24 minutes ago, MrKite6 said:

Looks like they're accepting more backorders

Yeah. I’m also wondering if those of us with an ‘In Warehouse’ stage on the order will have the sets shipped today or if it’ll be stuck on that stage for several more days due to the high amount of orders Lego has received for all the sets released last week.

13 minutes ago, TitanGuy1 said:

Yeah. I’m also wondering if those of us with an ‘In Warehouse’ stage on the order will have the sets shipped today or if it’ll be stuck on that stage for several more days due to the high amount of orders Lego has received for all the sets released last week.

I’ve just seen that my set now actually has shipped, DPD site now has the shipping information and is currently ‘in transit’.

15 minutes ago, astra said:

I’ve just seen that my set now actually has shipped, DPD site now has the shipping information and is currently ‘in transit’.

That’s great news, mines still on ‘In Warehouse’ but hopefully it’ll change soon. Out of curiosity did you pay extra for express delivery or did you go for the free shipping? I wanted to pay for express but it wouldn’t give me the option only free shipping.

Just regular shipping. Usually that gets me my sets with 3-4 days. Hopefully that that is the case now as well :pir-tongue:

I popped into the Burlington Mall, MA, USA LEGO store this morning to pick up Corner Garage before it goes, and the latest coffee stall GWP is nice enough to not risk waiting. I arrived five minutes before the store opened and was surprised to see a sizable queue. Totally forgot that Titanic was being released in store today. They were giving out tickets to those in line, and all 11 were gone before the store opened. I suspect I will get it at some point, but it will be available for a while, and I don't need to get it for a Christmas present (like two people behind me did). Still, it was tempting to get it, just because of the ticket!

Anyway, for anyone in Boston, Burlington is sold out. Good luck finding one if you want it.

I got to our store in Oklahoma City, OK 1.5 hours before it opened. I was sixth in line! The store had a sign indicating they only had 11 in stock, and the line outside the store was up to 11 at least an hour before they opened. Store employees just assigned us numbers, then had us pay and haul the enormous box out of the store. I was a little surprised at how many people were there, but it is a once-in-a-lifetime sort of set, I suppose. I only saw about 5 or 6 people who wanted it and got there too late. Who knows what stock will be like leading up to Christmas, but I hope people who want it before then can get it. The bright side is... this thing will be around for a while, and if you didn't get it today or on pre-order, you'll almost certainly have a chance in the future. I'd wait until a double VIP day to snag it - I think that'd come out to almost $60 in VIP rewards.

Well it looks like mine isn’t being dispatched today after all. Still says ‘In Warehouse’ and it’s nearly 7pm here in the UK. Anyone else still waiting on ‘In Warehouse’? I contacted Lego and they assured me it would dispatch today or within the next few days due to a high volume of online orders.

Stopped by my local Lego Store and got one!

Is it not possible to post photos on here?

2 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

Well it looks like mine isn’t being dispatched today after all. Still says ‘In Warehouse’ and it’s nearly 7pm here in the UK. Anyone else still waiting on ‘In Warehouse’? I contacted Lego and they assured me it would dispatch today or within the next few days due to a high volume of online orders.

Yeah, I’m still In Warehouse too. However, I didn’t place my order until around 3hrs after the UK pre-order window opened so I’m not entirely surprised. 

I'm in Australia - preorder was due to open at 9am on Nov 1st, became avaliable at about 9:05 and I got my order in straight away.  By the afternoon, the preorder allocation was done, and it had closed for ordering.   It reopened a few days later but with a ship date of mid December and yesterday the ship date changed to Jan 2022. 

Went to in warehouse on Sunday, then I got the shipping notification at 7:15pm last night (Monday 8th).

I'm now constantly refreshing the Lego tracking page waiting for the tracking number to go live so I can see when the estimated delivery date will be :laugh:

On 11/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, mnpumar said:

Wow! I placed my order minutes after midnight and I just got an email that it’s backordered and won’t ship until November 30th.

Update: my order has shipped! Expected delivery date is now this Friday !

Swung by my local Store this morning to pick up the Titanic and the box is huge! I'm surprised the box is an inch or two wider than the UCS Millenium Falcon's and the Star Destroyer's. The store had a couple dozen sets and there were enough people queuing up to buy them all. This is going to be a tough largest-of-all-time set to surpass (World Map? Shhhhh :tongue:).

6 hours ago, Roses said:

Swung by my local Store this morning to pick up the Titanic and the box is huge! I'm surprised the box is an inch or two wider than the UCS Millenium Falcon's and the Star Destroyer's. The store had a couple dozen sets and there were enough people queuing up to buy them all. This is going to be a tough largest-of-all-time set to surpass (World Map? Shhhhh :tongue:).

Is there an actual piece count on how many pieces need to be used at once for the World Map? I heard there are a lot of unused pieces when its all done. 

On the other note it looks like my order just shipped out today and will be arriving on the 12th. I'm up in a college town right now, but I hope to build it while i am back home during Thanksgiving break.

5 hours ago, Crzypengu said:

Is there an actual piece count on how many pieces need to be used at once for the World Map? I heard there are a lot of unused pieces when its all done. 

The studs alone outnumber the Titanic's piece count. 10,240 studs are used plus a few hundred other pieces.

6 hours ago, Crzypengu said:

On the other note it looks like my order just shipped out today and will be arriving on the 12th. I'm up in a college town right now, but I hope to build it while i am back home during Thanksgiving break.

49 minutes ago, Archer said:

The studs alone outnumber the Titanic's piece count. 10,240 studs are used plus a few hundred other pieces.

And there are 10,590 1x1 stud/tile pieces in the set, so you only 'lose' 350 pieces from the piece count for the finished map, plus a few extra for the colour key and 1x1 cones if you're not using them. Total built size is going to be at least 11,200.

To me it feels fair if you take weight into account as well as piece size. So Titanic should really be the largest set.

How long before someone plots the Titanic's route on the world map to use as a backdrop to the Titanic? Then you could take a photo and claim the largest LEGO set ever, and no one could disagree.

Seen this today on display at the Lego shop near me.

Looks very detailed but I spotted a big mistake.
The centre propeller is the same as he wing props with three blades each.

The Centre prop should have four blades.

The two wing props were driven by the two 4 cylinder  engines, the centre prop used the exhaust steam to turn a turbine for the centre prop when at full speed.

Edited by Doug72

3 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Seen this today on display at the Lego shop near me.

Looks very detailed but I spotted a big mistake.

The Centre prop should have four blades.

The two wing props were driven by the two 4 cylinder  engines, the centre prop used the exhaust steam to turn a turbine for the centre prop when at full speed.

It should also be a different diameter, but the blade count is apparently in debate.

Either way, I give LEGO a pass for this given they would have to create a brand new part just for one prop. 

3 hours ago, SuperSirLink said:

but the blade count is apparently in debate.

There was a huge "debate"-war in the Titanic Modeling Facebook group a little while ago. It got heated to the point where the admins made a rule against discussing it. :jollyroger:

11 hours ago, Doug72 said:

....Looks very detailed but I spotted a big mistake.

The Centre prop should have four blades.....

Not so fast.  As SuperSirLink states, this is actively debated but many strongly favor three blades for center propeller.

https://www.markchirnside.co.uk/TitanicThreeBladedCentrePropeller.html

I am more disturbed by the lack of the Marconi array.  

I have also never seen a reference to have a flag on the bow. Where did they get that reference?

5 hours ago, Friscorays said:

Not so fast.  As SuperSirLink states, this is actively debated but many strongly favor three blades for center propeller.

https://www.markchirnside.co.uk/TitanicThreeBladedCentrePropeller.html

Agreed.

And @SuperSirLink apparently that flag was flying from that location on the bow while the Titanic was being dressed in Southampton, though it was not flying during the voyage so I am not sure why they included it. Not that I am complaining, another cool flag piece is always welcome. :pir-tongue:

Edited by TheKingPorg
Spelling