31 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

When I placed my order, it was still saying the 8th.  But after I placed it, it changed to the 29th.  So I don't know if I made it in time for the 8th.

It’s probably best to go on the chat  on the Lego website like I did and ask to speak to a Lego expert and they can check for you. That’s what I did :) apparently my order is already being packed and will be dispatched before the 8th. She said I’ll receive it within 4-5 business days 

Edited by TitanGuy1

4 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

I imagine stores will still receive stocks. I'll have to rush to my "local" (45 min drive) Lego Store after work. (Thank god I finish work at 2:30)

If you are talking 2:30 pm, I think there is an extremely good chance your local Lego store's stock will be long gone by then.

I had to wait for 10 minutes in a virtual queue this morning, but eventually was able to order one. Received the email confirmation a couple of hours later, so very excited! The order process mentioned that it would be shipped on the 8th of November, so fingers crossed that it will be. 

Wow! I placed my order minutes after midnight and I just got an email that it’s backordered and won’t ship until November 30th.

33 minutes ago, mnpumar said:

Wow! I placed my order minutes after midnight and I just got an email that it’s backordered and won’t ship until November 30th.

Same here which is a little frustrating since I bought it less than 5 minutes after it was up.

Can imagine that being very frustrating... to be honest, seeing is believing here. I did got the email, but the status on the account page is still 'processing'. When that changes to 'shipped', I'll believe it's on its way.

I am still hopeful that the backorder is just a temporary thing for the moment. It would suck to pre-order something from the company only to not have it delivered until over a month after release date.

Dang, I had no idea it would sell out that fast. I was/am hoping to get it in time for Christmas but did not have the foresight to preorder it as soon as it became available. (Doh!) Does anybody think it will still be possible for it to arrive in time for Christmas (In the US)? 

8 hours ago, Friscorays said:

If you are talking 2:30 pm, I think there is an extremely good chance your local Lego store's stock will be long gone by then.

I was mainly hoping that getting off of work before most people do could help my chances. We'll see...

14 minutes ago, TheKingPorg said:

Dang, I had no idea it would sell out that fast. I was/am hoping to get it in time for Christmas but did not have the foresight to preorder it as soon as it became available. (Doh!) Does anybody think it will still be possible for it to arrive in time for Christmas (In the US)? 

Unsure, but your best bet is to jump on it at the stroke of midnight on the 8th.

Has anybody in the US gotten a confirmation email that it will ship on time? My order has been processing for 24 hours, but I have not received the "backordered" email folks are reportedly getting.

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

Unsure, but your best bet is to jump on it at the stroke of midnight on the 8th.

Yeah thanks, Hopefully I'll be able to do that.

12 minutes ago, MrKite6 said:

I was mainly hoping that getting off of work before most people do could help my chances. We'll see...

For the popular sets, there is often a line long enough to deplete the store's supply before they even open up for business.

6 hours ago, Friscorays said:

For the popular sets, there is often a line long enough to deplete the store's supply before they even open up for business.

I'll have to ask a friend if they're willing to chill in line when it opens for me or something... Maybe call in sick? :sick:

So customer service confirmed my order will ship on the 8th! I was told, "you successfully avoided the iceberg and your package will set sail in the first group" they clearly have been getting a lot of these inquiries at the office :pir_laugh2:.

For those interested in how fast this thing sold out I ordered at 12:00 (only because I got in the online que at 11:52) and I've seen people who ordered at 12:03 who got backordered. I'm gonna blame bots on some of this.

My paypal confirmation shows my order processed at 12:04, but got the backordered email yesterday afternoon.  Gives me time to build the shelf it will sit on. 

Got an email back from Lego saying that my order is on date to ship out on November 30. They also said since its a pre-order the item is currently in production and will ship out when ready. I hope it ships out quicker than November 30th though. FeelsBadMan

Edited by Crzypengu

Thought the crows nest was missing but now found as it lende into the white background !,

Edited by Doug72

Just saw that the status of my order changed from ‘processing’ to ‘warehouse’… 

Curious to see how long that takes, never had an order staying on processing for 5 days.

Edited by astra

49 minutes ago, astra said:

Curious to see how long that takes, never had an order staying on processing for 5 days.

In my experience, it varies.  However, it sounds like you are on track for it to ship out on previously announced date of November 8.

12 hours ago, astra said:

If it doesn’t ship today I’m sure it’ll ship on Monday :) 

13 hours ago, astra said:

Whoop-whoop! Me too! Didn’t check until I saw your post as I assumed nothing would change through the weekend.

Also note that UK lead time for new orders is now a full calendar month.