When they say this will be available for preorder on November 1st, does that mean midnight? Does anyone know what time zone?

6 hours ago, mnpumar said:

When they say this will be available for preorder on November 1st, does that mean midnight? Does anyone know what time zone?

The UK site says from 8am GMT.

Still nothing about a GWP.

Any chance that those who pre-order will get a surprise GWP?  Or is that unlikely?

If I pre-order, and it is shipped on the 8th, will I get the coffee cart GWP?

25 minutes ago, MartyMcFly said:

If I pre-order, and it is shipped on the 8th, will I get the coffee cart GWP?

I asked them about this on their Twitter. They said no, since you made the order before the 8th.

23 hours ago, jlsm511 said:

Are they doing pre-orders in store as well or is it just going to be first come, first serve on the 8th?

I was at the store today @jlsm511. Preorders are online only... physical store is first come first served.

Edited by Murdoch17

Well I’ve been in the que for ten minutes to get onto legos site. Hope the sets not a quick sell out

Also pre-ordered in US shortly after midnight.  It will be a gift and didn't want to run chance of set selling out by November 8 in order to get different GWP.

Of course, payment's having trouble authorizing. I'm gonna have to call customer service tomorrow

As above, ordered shortly after midnight in US.  Just received email saying back-ordered until December 7 and set no longer showing up for pre-order on-line so glad I got my order in.  Fingers crossed, set should still arrive in time for Christmas.

Ordered in UK. No GWP here. Took three hours to get an email acknowledgment and Order Status currently ‘In Progress’.

Edited by Big Adam

4 hours ago, Friscorays said:

Just received email saying back-ordered until December 7 and set no longer showing up for pre-order on-line

You gotta be kidding me :cry_sad:

Got my order in at 12:05, still no confirmation email from Lego though. I knew this set would be popular, but I think this has more to do with current distribution / cardboard / supply issues than the set itself. It does not bode well for trying to obtain the AT-AT in a few weeks as that set would go on backorder fast without any of those issues.

3 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

You gotta be kidding me :cry_sad:

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Got my order in at 12:05, still no confirmation email from Lego though. I knew this set would be popular, but I think this has more to do with current distribution / cardboard / supply issues than the set itself. It does not bode well for trying to obtain the AT-AT in a few weeks as that set would go on backorder fast without any of those issues.

You guys should be able to check the status of your orders in your Lego account.  US Lego site currently reads "Pre-orders closed, limited quantity available for backorder starting 11/8."

Wow, I did not expect the set to be completely sold out by the time I woke up this morning.  Had to put kids to bed after Halloween (which meant that I had to stay in bed with them until their hopped up on sugar bodies went to sleep.) That has to be one of the fastest sold outs ever.  The only other one that I can think of that may have sold out that fast was the UCS Falcon.

In the UK it now says sets won’t be shipping until 29th of November. I contacted Lego customer services as I placed my order at 8am and they said only a handful of orders made it for the 8th of November release. She said I just made it with mine but sadly I think a lot of buyers won’t have realised yet they won’t be getting the set until beginning of December now. For an expensive set, I’m amazed how fast it’s selling out. Granted, I know shortages and delays with materials doesn’t help the situation 😕 

38 minutes ago, MSY-MSP said:

Wow, I did not expect the set to be completely sold out by the time I woke up this morning.  Had to put kids to bed after Halloween (which meant that I had to stay in bed with them until their hopped up on sugar bodies went to sleep.) That has to be one of the fastest sold outs ever.  The only other one that I can think of that may have sold out that fast was the UCS Falcon.

501st Battle Pack (cheaper but should have had waaaay more supply than the Titanic), Bespin Duel & Nebulon B Frigate (maybe 2 minutes to sell out, but extremely limited stock), Mos Eisley Cantina. That being said all of these have something in common that the Titanic does not. I don't think anyone thought it would go to backorder this fast. I am glad lego got around to adding the blurb about the backorder situation.

All true but worth noting that Bespin and Nebulon B were artificially limited in number as were initially destined for cancelled convention and that Mos Eisley came with limited Yoda lightsaber GWP.  I imagine there are actually many additional examples over the past year and a half or so but did think supply was likely to be an issue with this set given popularity of subject matter, quality of set, ongoing supply chain issues and upcoming Xmas season.

I imagine stores will still receive stocks. I'll have to rush to my "local" (45 min drive) Lego Store after work. (Thank god I finish work at 2:30)

When I placed my order, it was still saying the 8th.  But after I placed it, it changed to the 29th.  So I don't know if I made it in time for the 8th.