Okay, I just finally got to see a pic of Lego Titanic

….Holy Neptune! I never thought Lego will not make something tragic like Titanic. But now here it is coming up alley. 

It’s incredible!!! 

So it will be a second largest, that means it will beat Colosseum? And I think the largest set is World Map, right?  And 4th place, uh, Milliemum Falcon?

Just woke up to see the leaked images and it’s everything I’ve ever imagined it to be since I was a kid dreaming of a Lego set! Also in response to some other posts, Briqfoundation is a highly trusted Lego source so this reveal is most definitely real :) Also as a history buff I also agree that the colour of the funnels is a little off, hopefully it looks better in person but if not either some paint or sourcing out Sandy yellow identical pieces will have to commence. Either way, can’t wait for official reveal and perhaps there’s even still a possibility of little snippets of interior in the hull (especially when we consider the order vertical line towards the front of the bow). Far more superior to the Cobi models, but for those on a budget the Cobi models are still fantastic builds :)

Its. . . beautiful.

The only inaccuracy is the British flag on the bow, it should be a blue ensign on the back (can't see if its included edit, it is), but that's an easy fix. The bow shaping is superb.

My favourite part is the stand, subtle and understated, but still elegant and an enhancement of the set, it would look absolutely magnificent on a shelf.

Maybe it is one of the first official 18+ sets really to transcend the boundary from the hobby set, to the piece of art.

Edited by Stuartn

Seems so far that history buffs' issues are

• The bridge wings (I'm not sure how else you could to those at that scale though)
  • The portholes along the black part of the hull (TLG probably figured it's the most piece-efficient way to do them, I'm sure they can be modified)
  • The rigging on the funnels are too high (Pretty sure those can be modified)

I'm personally not bothered by these but I can understand that some people hold TLG to a pretty high standard (not saying they shouldn't). I'm curious how the stern is gonna turn out, since that section is such a weird shape.

Edited by MrKite6
Grammar

An iceberg wouldn't make sense with this set. The ship is on a stand, rather than in the sea. The stand might also help with the "does not float" issue. They don't depict it as floating in the box art so might not require that warning on the box.

Wow, that ship is a beauty! Can't wait to see how they built the hull, it's got such a smooth curve to it!

Can anyone figure out the actual size/length of the model? 

24 minutes ago, NathanR said:

Can anyone figure out the actual size/length of the model? 

Various comments and articles are deducing to it something over 1.20 metres.

Edited by Rauy

4 hours ago, MAB said:

An iceberg wouldn't make sense with this set. The ship is on a stand, rather than in the sea. The stand might also help with the "does not float" issue. They don't depict it as floating in the box art so might not require that warning on the box.

How about a “floating” iceberg? :oh3:

The main problem I see for the GWP being an iceberg is that 90 % of the build will be below the surface 

An appropriate GWP would be one, two or even three micro-scale tug boats

I like the set! Lovely little (big) ship.

But i never understood the hype about the ship, really! Yes i know the backstory and some movies about it, bla bla, but so what!?

Edited by Polarlicht

26 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

The main problem I see for the GWP being an iceberg is that 90 % of the build will be below the surface 

An appropriate GWP would be one, two or even three micro-scale tug boats

Don’t worry TLG wouldn’t even consider doing an iceberg as it’s an offensive build (I mean, the object which caused the destruction of the ship itself and 1,498 souls? They’d be mad to include it). I do like your idea of mini tug boats though, one of the GWP’s could be the SS Nomadic (The Titanic’s tender ship which brought passengers aboard. It’s stationed to this day in Belfast outside Titanic Belfast). We shall soon see anyway :)

16 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

I like the set! Lovely little (big) ship.

But i never understood the hype about the ship, really! Yes i know the backstory and some movies about it, bla bla, but so what!?

I think it comes down to a few things; the Titanic, when everyone is told to think of a ship, is the most recognisable icon because of pop culture. And, while infamous for the disaster, I think the main intrigue still with the Titanic is the amount of workmanship that went into designing and building her. She was the largest ship of the time, everything hand carved. That personal human touch is what ships of today are lacking. It’s also why ships from the 1900s always look aesthetically pleasing compared to the mass floating bulks of today. Those are some of the reasons why the Titanic’s legacy has stood the test of time - there’s countless more. Hope this helps explain things @Polarlicht :) 

Is a GWP guaranteed for a set like this? I don't really follow since my last creator expert set was the Brick Bank in 2016. If so, the aforementioned SS Nomadic would be an incredible choice.

1 hour ago, Stefanisimo said:

Is a GWP guaranteed for a set like this? I don't really follow since my last creator expert set was the Brick Bank in 2016. If so, the aforementioned SS Nomadic would be an incredible choice.

Not guaranteed but likely given what they have done with similar large Creator Expert sets recently. 

17 hours ago, Kaanere said:

There's a mockup floating on #legoleaks showing an iceberg in the style of the Roman Charriot GWP, but the original poster only intended it as a joke (link because it's not a leak): 

Hide contents

That's annoying, I just look at the pictures, don't click on the detail.

An iceberg GWP would be hypocritical, horrific, and terrifying for me that Lego would even consider such a thing.  

The joke GWP also has another major flaw which I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned - the Titanic was used on the transatlantic route in the NORTH Atlantic whilst penguins are found in Antarctica in the SOUTH.  

More likely if in memory of the disaster would be one of the various monuments located on either side of the Atlantic.

53 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

More likely if in memory of the disaster would be one of the various monuments located on either side of the Atlantic.

Definitely, NOT World Center Towers located close to Atlantic Ocean. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

A bag of nanofigures could be a nice GWP

It doesnt sound exciting to me, honestly. 

What about Jack and Rose minifigures/mircofigures/nanofigures as GWP?!

I really like tugboat GWP idea, it's something that doesn't emphasise the tragedy aspect and complements the ship 

Wild speculation on my end: how about a GWP that has something to do with Robert Ballard? I know it emphasises the tragedy aspect of Titanic but in light of recent GWPs based on real world people (like Amelia Earhart) I could (maybe) see it becoming real

Here are a few more GWP ideas from my side: Titanic anchor (a common naval theme), a smaller-scale titanic model GWP, a boarding pass replica or some kind of other promotional material replica (although this would be sticker most probably so I'm not too confident on it) 

36 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I really like tugboat GWP idea, it's something that doesn't emphasise the tragedy aspect and complements the ship 

Wild speculation on my end: how about a GWP that has something to do with Robert Ballard? I know it emphasises the tragedy aspect of Titanic but in light of recent GWPs based on real world people (like Amelia Earhart) I could (maybe) see it becoming real

Here are a few more GWP ideas from my side: Titanic anchor (a common naval theme), a smaller-scale titanic model GWP, a boarding pass replica or some kind of other promotional material replica (although this would be sticker most probably so I'm not too confident on it) 

A small model of the submarine that discovered it would be cool

2 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Wild speculation on my end: how about a GWP that has something to do with Robert Ballard?

Oooh, yes! A mini model of Alvin!

5 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

The anchor could be an interesting one because the small build could also include a cart being carried by horses with the anchor situated on top. That was how the Titanic’s anchors were brought to the shipyard. 

We could even have a scale replica of one of the boilers. Perhaps a small recreation if one of the staterooms? The possibilities are endless 😃

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It doesnt sound exciting to me, honestly. 

What about Jack and Rose minifigures/mircofigures/nanofigures as GWP?!

The set isn't branded for the movie though.

Looks awesome, so glad they went with the full hull on a stand instead of just cutting it off at the waterline. Do we know for sure it there are any interiors? Either way, I'm usually a Technic guy but this year's CAT isn't enticing me, so this might be my big Christmas holiday build, can't wait!!!