1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Black Friday 2021, same time as the Colosseum last year.

which makes me think, on an unrelated note, when the UCS AT-AT will be released? If Titanic is to release on Black Friday then there's no way AT-AT will be released a month before or after Titanic, so that leaves only September or December and you bet TLG aren't so stupid as to miss out the holiday season by releasing AT-AT in December...

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Black Friday 2021, same time as the Colosseum last year.

Ah, thank you!

2 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

which makes me think, on an unrelated note, when the UCS AT-AT will be released? If Titanic is to release on Black Friday then there's no way AT-AT will be released a month before or after Titanic, so that leaves only September or December and you bet TLG aren't so stupid as to miss out the holiday season by releasing AT-AT in December...

I think the AT-AT is set for early November release, I don’t think it would affect sales of the Titanic and vice versa because a lot of buyers will more than likely be fans of one or the other. 

10 minutes ago, TitanGuy1 said:

I think the AT-AT is set for early November release, I don’t think it would affect sales of the Titanic and vice versa because a lot of buyers will more than likely be fans of one or the other. 

Agreed.  There are quite a lot of people who buy either the UCS or the Creator Expert scale models.  I'm one of many who does not buy both - only the CE ones.  Considering we have a couple of Oct 1 releases, I think Nov 1 is very likely, in time for the Black Friday sales (though not on sale as brand new, there is still increased purchasing during that time).  Sets aren't ever released Dec 1 except GWPs - they wait for the huge Jan 1 release.  

On 8/15/2021 at 2:33 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

Agreed.  There are quite a lot of people who buy either the UCS or the Creator Expert scale models.  I'm one of many who does not buy both - only the CE ones.  Considering we have a couple of Oct 1 releases, I think Nov 1 is very likely, in time for the Black Friday sales (though not on sale as brand new, there is still increased purchasing during that time).  Sets aren't ever released Dec 1 except GWPs - they wait for the huge Jan 1 release.  

Do we know yet if Lego will do the VIP weekend the week before Black Friday like they did last year? That’s when they had the colloseum up for early purchase along with the GWP and double VIP points. I’m kind of hoping we get the same treatment for the Titanic release 😁

On 8/17/2021 at 5:30 AM, TitanGuy1 said:

Do we know yet if Lego will do the VIP weekend the week before Black Friday like they did last year? That’s when they had the colloseum up for early purchase along with the GWP and double VIP points. I’m kind of hoping we get the same treatment for the Titanic release 😁

In that case, I wonder what GWP would be for this Tiatnic tho? Sure, we have gadiators and some horse-drawn chariots for Colosseum. Probably GWP would be a random one that is not relating to Titatnic? 

49 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

In that case, I wonder what GWP would be for this Tiatnic tho? Sure, we have gadiators and some horse-drawn chariots for Colosseum. Probably GWP would be a random one that is not relating to Titatnic? 

It could be something like a miniature Titanic build, or it could be a micro sale build of the SS Nomadic which is the Titanic and Olympics tender ship which is permantley docked at Belfast as a tourist attraction so it would make sense. I know people keep suggesting an iceberg but in all honesty that’s just insensitive and ridiculous and TLG would never even consider it (the backlash they’d get for an already controversial set would be enormous). So yeah I reckon a miniature build of the ship itself or one of the tenders :)

2 hours ago, TitanGuy1 said:

It could be something like a miniature Titanic build, or it could be a micro sale build of the SS Nomadic which is the Titanic and Olympics tender ship which is permantley docked at Belfast as a tourist attraction so it would make sense. I know people keep suggesting an iceberg but in all honesty that’s just insensitive and ridiculous and TLG would never even consider it (the backlash they’d get for an already controversial set would be enormous). So yeah I reckon a miniature build of the ship itself or one of the tenders :)

You make a point. I don’t think it would be likely to have a brick-buildable iceberg either.  Also, I don’t think there wouldJack and Rose minifigures from Titatnic movie too. I think generic minifiugres would do better for GWP. It would be cool to have some minifigures with clothings (from 10’s) printed!

On 8/12/2021 at 4:10 AM, astra said:

A setting with a dock, be it wether it's Southampton Dock or Thompson Dry Dock, sounds nice, but I think chances are slim. Usually these big sets are one vehicle/building which is then very detailed. If rumours are true and this is going to be one very large set, I think we can expect more in terms of a highly detailed interior than a dock setting. 

Still, probably a day-one purchase for me... :-)

Possibility of an interior was discussed earlier in this thread.  MOC Titanic with what I would consider a highly detailed interior comes in at well over 100,000 pieces so I don't see that happening. I would be happy with a nod to a few iconic interior features but don't expect anything remotely fitting the bill of a detailed interior.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:53 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

In that case, I wonder what GWP would be for this Tiatnic tho?

A lifeboat?

Wait a minute...i'm trying...i'm trying to delete it.

In all seriousness, I'm really disappointed at a $600+ pricepoint. This prices so many people out. I really don't understand why they're moving to so many of these massive sets.

1 hour ago, CDM said:

In all seriousness, I'm really disappointed at a $600+ pricepoint. This prices so many people out. I really don't understand why they're moving to so many of these massive sets.

It could well be because there are enough people who will buy it to make it profitable, and something of that size also generates a lot of PR that a smaller model won't, which then helps to sell other sets. If you halve the size, you probably wouldn't get more than double the sales, and you lose the PR. Possibly.

24 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It could well be because there are enough people who will buy it to make it profitable, and something of that size also generates a lot of PR that a smaller model won't, which then helps to sell other sets. If you halve the size, you probably wouldn't get more than double the sales, and you lose the PR. Possibly.

That doesn't make any sense. Saturn V is of somewhat similar historical subject matter and sold so well they reissued it. It got an insane amount of press and it's sale price is barely over $100.

Edit: And I'm not even suggesting it be scaled to sell for $100. I'd bite the bullet and spend as much as $399 if it were an impressive model. But I'm not willing to spend $600+ on a Lego set and even if I would it would surely be so damn big I'd have nowhere to put it. I know a lot of people are in the same boat, pun possibly intended.

Edited by CDM

2 hours ago, CDM said:

That doesn't make any sense. Saturn V is of somewhat similar historical subject matter and sold so well they reissued it. It got an insane amount of press and it's sale price is barely over $100.

Edit: And I'm not even suggesting it be scaled to sell for $100. I'd bite the bullet and spend as much as $399 if it were an impressive model. But I'm not willing to spend $600+ on a Lego set and even if I would it would surely be so damn big I'd have nowhere to put it. I know a lot of people are in the same boat, pun possibly intended.

Fair points. Although the Saturn V is a metre long, so really large for a LEGO set, and yet it's dimensions mean it can achieved at that price point. If you try to make a 1m long Titanic, it's going to require a great deal more pieces. More like the UCS Star Destroyer, which is also crazy expensive and too big for many people to fit.

I'm not saying that I disagree with your point that it's too expensive, probably too large, and a shame that it's out of reach of many. I was thinking through why LEGO may have done it.

10 hours ago, MrKite6 said:

Lego just teased a new stadium set. Likely the one VanIslandLego mentioned which is a good sign for the Titanic set :D

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/1432327432418254856?s=19

It is indeed a good sign :D not much longer to go now. Can’t believe we’ve been waiting for a leak or official confirmation since January this year! It’s been a long time coming haha

On 8/19/2021 at 7:15 AM, Friscorays said:

Possibility of an interior was discussed earlier in this thread.  MOC Titanic with what I would consider a highly detailed interior comes in at well over 100,000 pieces so I don't see that happening. I would be happy with a nod to a few iconic interior features but don't expect anything remotely fitting the bill of a detailed interior.

Yes, maybe I had to be more clear, but that’s what I meant; a detailed ship with - probably - some opening parts which shows some interior of the ship. Maybe the main hall, engine room and captains quarters. I don’t see a full interior happing also…

but my hopes are even higher now that all other rumoured sets are becoming real sets (camp nou, bulldozer, tumbler,,,) :pir-wench: can’t wait!

Can someone else tell me they're also googling "Lego Titanic" almost every day to see if any images have been leaked so that I don't feel like I'm completely crazy?

On 9/7/2021 at 5:21 PM, MrKite6 said:

Can someone else tell me they're also googling "Lego Titanic" almost every day to see if any images have been leaked so that I don't feel like I'm completely crazy?

I can confirm I am literally doing the same thing almost every day 😂

BREAKING NEWS GUYS!!! According to Briqfoundation, the Lego Titanic set is releasing as an early VIP release on October 20th!!!! No pictures yet, but I’m sure other channels will report on this in the coming hours and who knows, we might be a week or two from an official Lego announcement. Keep your eyes peeled everyone 😁 PS that’s not the official set in the picture on his account, it’s a placeholder from a non Lego brand Titanic. I’ve tried to show a screenshot on here but it won’t allow me. Check out his Instagram and don’t forget to give him a like and a follow 😊

EDIT: $629.99 US price, 12,000+ pieces. This set will be huge!!!

Edited by TitanGuy1

+12,000 pieces and a price of $629.99 according to one Instagram leaker.

So is TLG going to outdo its largest set record every few months now? It's only been a few months since the World Map.

40 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

+12,000 pieces and a price of $629.99 according to one Instagram leaker.

So is TLG going to outdo its largest set record every few months now? It's only been a few months since the World Map.

I mean, it makes sense that a set based on the Titanic was going to be titanic in size. And for the amount of detail they’re going to have to put in to out do the Cobi models would be enormous otherwise they wouldn’t bother competing with an already established market. Either way, with that sort of piece count I’m starting to wonder if it’s just the ships exterior itself, or if we’re building a dockside incorporated as a stand or even some interior. Possibly even the new Lego light bricks will be included to light the model up. I can’t wait to see the official pictures!! 

At this time I will take the piece count information with a grain of salt but as far as release date, it seems plausible and Briqfoundation usually gets releases right. 

As far as side builds go I expect a massive stand and that's it (judging from other 18+ sets so far). I'm not saying that there is no possibility of any other side builds (looking at recent pick-up truck) but I really think the ship itself will take up the rest of the parts

Anyway, exciting news, the only issue I have is that I will potentially have to choose between Titanic and AT-AT. A nice problem to have but still... :classic:

1 hour ago, Alpha Draconis said:

At this time I will take the piece count information with a grain of salt but as far as release date, it seems plausible and Briqfoundation usually gets releases right. 

As far as side builds go I expect a massive stand and that's it (judging from other 18+ sets so far). I'm not saying that there is no possibility of any other side builds (looking at recent pick-up truck) but I really think the ship itself will take up the rest of the parts

Anyway, exciting news, the only issue I have is that I will potentially have to choose between Titanic and AT-AT. A nice problem to have but still... :classic:

There'll be no issue for me to choose one or the other. I'll be getting both for sure. I only need one kidney :laugh:

Well, I think it'll be one of 2 choices. A flat bottom with no stand, which means slightly less pieces required to make the actual ship so more to create details and potential interior (doubtful) or, a stand and full rounded hull (I'm expecting this choice given it'll be aimed to be a display piece) which likely means probably around  11k pieces in the ship itself. That's *if* it really is 12k pieces. My concern is, looking at the coliseum for reference, it's all small pieces. World map is cheap considering the amount of pieces, but it's more or less all 1x1s. So, is this made out of a bucket load of 1x2/1x4 bricks with staggered hull recessing for the curvature? At that amount of pieces, it'd be around 1.1 metre long. No way it'll be less than 1m.  (well, possibly, but by a smidgeon). Either way, I'm massively excited to see what they're going to do with it. 

I've wanted a LEGO Titanic since I was 8 years old, so I'm really excited for this set. An October 20th release is way sooner than I was expecting, though! I still think $630 is an insane amount of money for this set since I expected it to be $300-400 max, but I'm hoping it's got a nice stand and at least some interior detail like the Grand Staircase for that price and piece count. It's crazy to think that we'll be seeing pictures in about a month!

I'd be very disappointed if it was flat-bottomed and would be upset that Id have to buy more pieces to make the bottom myself.

I feel like the hull is gonna leave us with a lot of similar pieces.

My bet is it'll be on a stand (though I will likely eventually make my own Southampton Dock.

As someone who has been, for the past 3 years, studying the exterior and 3D modeling it, I'm pretty sure I'll end up making a couple modifications to it. 😂