Rockstaremcee

What did you BUILD today?

As simple as it sounds, what did you build today?
You can be as vague or specific as you like.  This is just for fun. 

• Did you spend the evening creating, tearing down, and recreating a small part in your MOC? (i.e. archway, tree, etc)
  • Did you build the Modular/ UCS/ desirable set that you finally acquired but had not yet built?
  • Did you spend the day just sorting bricks?
  • Are you planning/designing/drawing your next build?
  • Creating a new set in Lego Digital Designer or stud.io?

=========================================================================================

To start it off:

I worked on 71741 Ninjago City Gardens, for the 5th evening and finished the 2nd (of 3) instruction book.

Edited by Rockstaremcee

I am obsessed with Jawas. I worked on a MOC of the scene where a Jawa captures R2-D2, and collected parts for the 2005 Sandcrawler set.

I once again sketched out plans for future MOCs. As it is the 90th year of the LEGO company, I want to make a few celebratory MOCs. Which means I sketch out what I want to build and research parts. 

Got to say, this is a great thread idea. :thumbup:

On 1/21/2021 at 3:51 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Got to say, this is a great thread idea. :thumbup:

Thank you!  It just seemed like a good companion thread opposite "What did you buy today?" For myself the thrill of the hunt for a great deal on a set is one part, and then sitting down to build is the larger amount of time.  I.e. tonight I should finish the Gardens, and it will be my 8th evening working on it.

9 hours ago, dr_spock said:

A little anvil for my LUG's daily build challenge.

This is fun! I can hear the Roadrunner's "Meep meep" as he runs away into the distance. 

Thanks.

Working down my pile of shame.  Two App Controlled Batmobile completed and have only one phone capable of running the app. 

batapp.jpg

Built this today and yesterday.

50877044843_837735e573_z.jpg

I've realized that all the set 71722's features are tied together by gearing / rods, such as:

- The rotating scythes on the walkway to the officer's quarters behind the eyes.

- the moving "wave" walkway to the base of the waterfall. (which opens up!)

- the lowering / raising of the wooden cage holding the Admiral

..and all this is activated by cranking the large U-shaped handle on the left!

50879181201_67f94c8eb4_z.jpg

The set conversion from lava to water isn't finished, as I'm still waiting for the last Bricklink order to arrive to attach set 71717, finish 71722, and add in the custom dock (seen above) to the total MOC model, which you can  see in it's topic here.

Edited by Murdoch17

I've begun the arduous task of raising all my modular builds by 1 brick for ease-of-use.  I was planning to do this but the trial and error [read excessive experimenting] with the new road plates really made me green light the project.  So far I love the look of the end product.

76173 Spider-Man, Ghost Rider with car and Carnage, ironically while watching s04:e01 of Agents of Shield. I must have subconsciously remembered that is when Ghost Rider appears in the series.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:22 PM, dr_spock said:

A little anvil for my LUG's daily build challenge.

*anvil pic*

I’m surprised that isn’t Jar Jar under there. :tongue:

To keep on task, I built 80012 Monkey King Warrior Mech. It was a great & fun build. The details are impressive. 

The latest Destiny's Bounty from the Legacy subtheme of Ninjago, suitable pirate-ified for my pirate port (further up in this thread is a WIP picture of that skull-shaped location) with the new name "Golden Bounty", which was built yesterday. This makes pirate ship #3 that I've constructed, with the Minecraft, Spongebob, and Pirates of the Caribbean pirate ships (and one 4+ themed dinghy!) left to be built and / or ordered. I should have them all done by the next month or two. The "Jolly Roger" ship from the movies' 'Hook' 'Peter Pan' and 'Return to Neverland', the aforementioned Golden Bounty Ninjago junk MOD, and my Barracuda Bay-in-green MOD (called the "Yago") are already built.

Edited by Murdoch17

Threw together some classic road plates and made a house/garage for my sons Paw Patrol guys.  

Spoiler alert! If you have NOT completed Mandalorian Season 2, then STOP reading (and go watch it lol)

Built Trouble on Tatooine and the Mandalorian Battle Pack and an impomptu "Razor Crest MOC" [read crater in the sand] 

And the Thor mech.  

I have had many sets waiting to be built and now I'm on leave for 3 weeks so open the floodgates! 😅

Edited by Rockstaremcee

Preemptive build post...getting ready to build my first Hogwarts Moment sets. I’m intrigued to see them in the flesh & see how they work. 

Amidst other projects I have been building Barracuda Bay finally along with 'watching/listening' to different pirate theme'd media, watched all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies etc.

Just built the Hedwig I got on eBay for £18 - new and sealed!

not a difficult build, but quite intriguing to do though, more to it than expected.

Finished my Barracuda Bay last night and I already have ideas of how I want to modify/expand it.  Prior to the last few weeks, I haven't spent much time working on Pirate ships since childhood and this definitely was fun in addition to learning new ways of connecting things.  I continually enjoy taking 'a bunch of bricks' and turning them into such beautiful creations.

Built 60281 LEGO City Fire Rescue Helicopter for my son and enjoyed the way the helicopter went together, much better than many older designs IMHO.  I also thoroughly appreciate how they use the "missile launcher" pieces to shoot blasts of water at the flames.  Better "enemy" for him to focus on. 

It may not have been today, but I finally posted it.

Also today, more Figs than any kind of sorting! I am supposed to be sorting out my minifig parts, but it is much more fun to make new characters up!

Will start building the IDEAS Blacksmith Shop soon, love the set, but love it even more when I found out it looks quite a lot like the Lunarfall Inn from World of Warcraft, I don't current play the game, but I still  love the art style.

430831.jpg?maxWidth=400

Long term working on a sorting system to start MOCing.

Edited by TeriXeri

Yesterday while recovering from illness I built the 7419 Dragon Fortress, 7413 Passage of Jun-Chi, and the 75292 Razor Crest. Added them to my new shelves. You don’t often get to build on the same day two fun, sizable sets that were released 20 years apart

EDIT: I also recently assembled shelves for my sets and am thrilled with how it’s turning out. You may see the album of each shelf here: 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/191178940@N04/0j8AP3

Edited by BaalTheBuilder

On 5/4/2021 at 11:57 AM, TeriXeri said:

...Long term working on a sorting system ...

I feel this is a life-long activity.

Today a quick lunch build:
43103 Vidiyo Punk Pirate Beatbox

14 hours ago, Rockstaremcee said:

I feel this is a life-long activity.

Today a quick lunch build:
43103 Vidiyo Punk Pirate Beatbox

That is the reason for this movie poster...

57895pb015.jpg

Sorting truly never ends!

Today I build six columns for my little Tower of Babel. Maybe a little boring but also relaxing with a good piece of music and a delicious hot beverage..

Two hundred forty-eight columns done, about the same amount to go…

Edited by Pinnacle