Yatkuu

[MOC] Can you guess the video game?

Hi everyone, I have built a few video game themed vignettes for a contest on the BrickBuilding channel on Discord.. so, I thought I would share these here and turn it into a little "guessing" game.

You can try to guess the title of each game, the answers are hidden in the spoiler tag sections along with a reference picture.

Game #1

50826112653_c54cd5ac31_z.jpg

Answer:

Spoiler

Snipperclips

Snipperclips1.jpg?width=630&height=630

Game #2

50833256266_1ac7e9124e_z.jpg

Answer:

Spoiler

Shovel Knight

ShovelKnight1.jpg

Game #3

50839963037_72a801a5d5_z.jpg

Answer: 

Spoiler

Donkey Kong (NES)

DK2.jpg?width=722&height=630

Game #4

50841869988_721f62a28d_z.jpg

Answer:

Spoiler

Breath of the Wild - The Legend of Zelda

BotW2.JPG?width=1120&height=630

Game #5

50847732411_b73d68627e_z.jpg

Answer:

Spoiler

Hollow Knight

Mini_Hollow_Knight2.jpg

So.. did you guess them all.. and which one is your favorite?

That's a lot of fun, fantastic little vignettes. I only got one right but there are a ton of video games, so you could keep this going forever! Great builds!

All of them look amazing! I think you can use some heart pieces for Legend of Zelda.

Edited by JintaiZ

21 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

All of them look amazing! I think you can use some heart pieces for Legend of Zelda.

Thanks! I tried using the heart tile but I found it was not the right size/color. It does not exist (yet) in red and it is a tiny bit too large for this scale... but good thinking!

16 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

And "Metroid" ?

Well.. I have thought about it, but here's the thing... the rules of this contest are that the games must be playable on the Nintendo Switch.

I think that for now only the original NES game and the Super Metroid can be played.. so these are the only titles I could try to build. The problem with this is that I have not figured our how to build a recognizable Samus at this scale... :sceptic:

Alright, I got one more!

Game #6

50861299477_602643ba13_z.jpg

Answer: 

Spoiler

Super Metroid (SNES)

super-metroid-missile.png

These are great! I don't play video games, so I would never have guessed them, but I love the 'vignettes' concept, the quiz idea, and the parts usage. I think my favourite is probably the very first one, 'Snipperclips'.

Wow, your video game-themed vignettes and guessing game sound like a blast! It's awesome how the gaming world can inspire such creative projects.Speaking of gaming, I'm a big enthusiast of Counter Strike 2. The thrill of competition in CS2 always keeps me hooked. Recently, I stumbled upon a marketplace for CS2 skins, which has added a whole new layer of excitement and personalization to the game.I'm definitely intrigued to take a look at your vignettes and try my hand at guessing the titles. It's a fantastic way to combine gaming and creativity. Thanks for sharing the fun!

Edited by KennTober
disguised advertising