Sign in to follow this  
mikaelsol

Soltown 2.0, more tables and new roads video tours

Train time! 

Well, at least I've finally gotten around to raise this part of Soltown that holds the train tunnel entrance. It was a super fun build, that I will continue in future updates, so make sure to stay tunned to the Sol Brick Show!

Ever since LEGO released the bonsai tree I felt the need to have it in my city layout and now I finally got around to getting this beautiful set. 
Around it I've created a small but cozy piazza. Of course with the pink frogs...

In this video I start to work on covering one of the open sides of the train tunnel with facades for my custom LEGO city town layout.

Every civilized part of the world needs a shopping mall, so finally the government can proudly introduce Soltowns very own mall to you! YAY!

I've started to add background buildings for the layout. A way to add depth to my LEGO city.

Edited by mikaelsol

That's an original way to add depth to background for sure, especially since those older hinged sets weren't that deep to begin with.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, TeriXeri said:

That's an original way to add depth to background for sure, especially since those older hinged sets weren't that deep to begin with.

Thank you! It's a bit hard to have place for all the sets in my collection, so I figured that it was time to start taking sets apart and use in some other ways. But I do feel guilty every time I do it... :)

Here's a full tour of Soltown. I don't talk in this video, but I hope to make a newer tour soon where I talk about stuff in the layout. Takes a bit of time to prepare a script since I'm not native English speaker.