pantelis

[Moc] Guarded Inn

This is my first attempt to build a brand new Guarded Inn. 
This idea of creation raised as I had always in my mind the memory of the old and classic Guarded Inn LEGO set. 
Having to deal with a long time absence of castle sets, LEGO comes back with the new extraordinary Blacksmith Idea. 
This new set will be a great opportunity for more new Castle sets to be born. 
Castle and there hereos deserve triumphal come back to the stores, the houses, and the hearts of the lego fans. 
I believe it is time for the Castle set heroes to be back in the battle. 

If you like it please give a support vote to lego ideas in the link bellow:

50845018101_14b5d25f1f_b.jpg

50844288213_484d2caf91_k.jpg

50844287963_f31ce09013_k.jpg

50844288028_4ab56001b8_b.jpg

50845014256_6145fd90df_k.jpg

50845016636_fe284aab79_k.jpg

50845016796_c3675806f6_k.jpg

50845017861_4fff59dfcd_k.jpg

50845101757_0028253aca_k.jpg

some new photos of the build with a build update and with the blacksmith set plus one more moc of  me the forestmen hide out..

50914796497_11ac906579_k.jpg

50894328002_40b4fcf318_k.jpg

50894327597_03485e9745_k.jpg

50894325702_06a54f06f9_k.jpg

Edited by pantelis
update build and photos

49 minutes ago, Pdaitabird said:

That's a lovely combination of modern techniques with classic style. Well done!

Thank you very much for this feedback Pdaitabrid!! ☺️☺️

Looks great!  NeoClassic Space and Castle are creations I always fall for, and this one is no different.  The building itself is nice of course, but I must say that just that little bit of ground work around it really completes it and makes it come alive.  Nicely done.  :classic:

7 minutes ago, deraven said:

Looks great!  NeoClassic Space and Castle are creations I always fall for, and this one is no different.  The building itself is nice of course, but I must say that just that little bit of ground work around it really completes it and makes it come alive.  Nicely done.  :classic:

Thank you deraven for your feedback.. When I buy the Blacksmith I will try to fit it with the ground of this.. 

47 minutes ago, pantelis said:

When I buy the Blacksmith I will try to fit it with the ground of this.. 

This will look great I am sure. Also hopefully sounds like the start of a great Castle town.

Of course this building looks great by itself too!

Just now, Tierce said:

This will look great I am sure. Also hopefully sounds like the start of a great Castle town.

Of course this building looks great by itself too!

Thank you very much for your feedback Tierce.. I think this year its the year of castle afols.. I really want to fit it with new ideas!! 

Great looking build.  I like the texturing and the way you designed the windows.  I like the old school feel with the figs and the color choices.  The interior is nice and clean.  

Very nice!  It reminds me of another redux from about 5 years ago.  Yours more prominently features the arched walkway adjoining the tower, and I think captures more of the 'classic' feel with the red rather than dark red.  I also like the larger size of the inn and the larger, more usable size of the tower.  If I had one suggestion it might be to use gold window lattices to make them pop a little more and be more uniform with the yellow window (which is great!).  I really like what you've done with the interior.  The tiling, fireplace and cooking hood are great.  The statuary on the wall is fantastic!  I also like how you stacked supplies in boxes in the back near the alleyway.  Really outstanding!

Wonderful update to a classic set.  This style would match the ideas blacksmith set.  The plates and profile bricks you used on the 'red' walls are terrific; they give character to this MOC.  The irregular base also fits what LEGO has done lately with some sets.  Good luck!

You should post this to the ideas thread too.

Edited by jtooker
suggest posting to ideas thread

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great looking build.  I like the texturing and the way you designed the windows.  I like the old school feel with the figs and the color choices.  The interior is nice and clean.  

iam glad you enjoy the build Zoth33. i like that evry time you can see what i want to present from my mocs!!

5 hours ago, Grover said:

Very nice!  It reminds me of another redux from about 5 years ago.  Yours more prominently features the arched walkway adjoining the tower, and I think captures more of the 'classic' feel with the red rather than dark red.  I also like the larger size of the inn and the larger, more usable size of the tower.  If I had one suggestion it might be to use gold window lattices to make them pop a little more and be more uniform with the yellow window (which is great!).  I really like what you've done with the interior.  The tiling, fireplace and cooking hood are great.  The statuary on the wall is fantastic!  I also like how you stacked supplies in boxes in the back near the alleyway.  Really outstanding!

every time i read your feedback i know that you are in the point of the build.i see a lot of great mocs all this years this is the truth. i try to make something with clean lines and reminds me the old sets.its truth that at the first to my mind was to fit it with the new blacksmith set..but also was the first try for my and put it on ideas page..iam glad for your comments Grover!!

5 hours ago, jtooker said:

Wonderful update to a classic set.  This style would match the ideas blacksmith set.  The plates and profile bricks you used on the 'red' walls are terrific; they give character to this MOC.  The irregular base also fits what LEGO has done lately with some sets.  Good luck!

You should post this to the ideas thread too.

thank you veru much jtooker for this feedback one more time of you.i really like that you see this details. !! i will post it to ideas threas too!!:classic:

Once again you bring the nostalgia to life with this beautiful build. I really enjoy your take on these old sets, great job :thumbup:

Just now, Sarophas said:

Once again you bring the nostalgia to life with this beautiful build. I really enjoy your take on these old sets, great job :thumbup:

iam glad for your feedback one more time!! iam a man of 80s so i really have to my mind how lovely was the old sets.i try to make my own guarded inn and iam happy you enjoy it!!

Just now, JintaiZ said:

Great build! Best of luck gathering support!

Thank you very much for this JintaiZ.. Iam really glad for your feedback!! 

1 hour ago, Gunman said:

Good luck on LEGO Ideas Pantelis, you deserve this! Sweet moc

Thank you very much my mate for your support and for your great feedback!! 

I have a soft spot for the Guarded Inn, I've recreated it on a number of occasions in different guises; notably Trolls' Guarded Inn.

For an ideas submission my personal opinion is that it's too fiddly; if it gets the support and passes then all that wall greebling in and on the stonework will have to be simplified in order to make the set buildable. Which is what happened to the recent Blacksmith ideas set; TLG simplified the original design to make it buildable and certain sections of the fanbase were quite vocal with their opinions (Eurobricks History forum was actually the most sensible corner of the internet for a few days; respect is due to the Eurobricks membership for behaving like grown-ups!). The challenge, the balancing act, is that it's the greebling that sells because the "following the instructions" group want something that looks like a detailed MOC but don't realise they can't have it because it's almost impossible to create build instrucions for.

Reduce the number of bricks and it becomes more sellable because the price point will appeal to a greater section of the buying public. Try to limit yourself to legitimate build techniques; the plates on the door arches wouldn't pass TLG quality control. Could a 35789 or a 62361 provide the lip that you're looking for?

Popularity at the expense of buildability, or buildability at the expense of popularity? Logic actually dictates go for popularity because to begin with this is a popularity contest; but be prepared for a backlash when the buildability has to be factored in at a later date.

Despite my comments and criticisms I do think it's a good idea and I will be heading over to Ideas to register my support.

9 minutes ago, The_Cook said:

I have a soft spot for the Guarded Inn, I've recreated it on a number of occasions in different guises; notably Trolls' Guarded Inn.

For an ideas submission my personal opinion is that it's too fiddly; if it gets the support and passes then all that wall greebling in and on the stonework will have to be simplified in order to make the set buildable. Which is what happened to the recent Blacksmith ideas set; TLG simplified the original design to make it buildable and certain sections of the fanbase were quite vocal with their opinions (Eurobricks History forum was actually the most sensible corner of the internet for a few days; respect is due to the Eurobricks membership for behaving like grown-ups!). The challenge, the balancing act, is that it's the greebling that sells because the "following the instructions" group want something that looks like a detailed MOC but don't realise they can't have it because it's almost impossible to create build instrucions for.

Reduce the number of bricks and it becomes more sellable because the price point will appeal to a greater section of the buying public. Try to limit yourself to legitimate build techniques; the plates on the door arches wouldn't pass TLG quality control. Could a 35789 or a 62361 provide the lip that you're looking for?

Popularity at the expense of buildability, or buildability at the expense of popularity? Logic actually dictates go for popularity because to begin with this is a popularity contest; but be prepared for a backlash when the buildability has to be factored in at a later date.

Despite my comments and criticisms I do think it's a good idea and I will be heading over to Ideas to register my support.

Thank you very much my mate for this great feedback. Let me write some words for this Moc and try to answer some of your remarks. The idea to make this buils was of the blacksmith new set. As you can see to my profile i have make and post to the bigest lego fan forum eurobrick more than 60 mocs the last 4 years iam a member. Its my first try to Lego Ideas (although I think I have presented better creations) because iam a big fan of castle themes and its good when we have ideas to present in this page because i think its a way to see lego how much we want Castles themes back again. Also i have to say that my moc is a real time build and not a degital build like the more of the ideas. Believe me its more hard to build something with the parts you have or you have to order from just take the part you imagine from the digital palet.

My moc if you notice better you will see that is 100% playable and it was something that i want it for me because as i say i didnt start this build for the ideas but for me..!!

The history says that for sure Lego when get an ideas after the support put their own details. I know a lot of official sets all this years very expensive and not it all playable..!!

Thank you one more time for your feedback its great when you read something like this, all we want to be better and we dont have to forget that lego is our hobby!!

17 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Nice! This will look great with the recently revealed Blacksmith Shop.

Thank you very much for this.. I really want to take Blacksmith and fit it with my moc. This was at the first to my mind.. Lets see how look like.. 

I love these types of updates to old and often beloved sets from the past.  This one is executed quite well! :thumbup:

10 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

I love these types of updates to old and often beloved sets from the past.  This one is executed quite well! :thumbup:

Thank you veru much for this..iam really glad you enjoy it!!

36 minutes ago, kris kelvin said:

Lovely. This should be a lego set :)

thank you very mucj kris for this.very important feedback from a mocer like you!!