Sign in to follow this  
Ivorrr

[TC19] Custom Fat Boi

Since I was able to return home to my LEGO collection after Christmass, I decided to start playing around a few concepts that I was thinking about when read that there is a new TC in december.

First idea on how the bike will look like:

- Fat tires

- Steering handles low 

That's for a start and we will see how it will evolve from there.

No idea about an engine / gearbox yet (if there will be any at all)

1280x604.jpg

1280x604.jpg

Update:

Looking at my progress, I will probably not finish before the deadline but I am gooing to do it anyway for fun.

So far:

- V6 Fake Engine

- 2 speed gearbox

- chaing drive

Forgot to take a picture of the connection between engine and gearbox - it's with rubber

1280x604.jpg

1280x604.jpg

1280x604.jpg

I like it, but there is a quite big problem here...

I also came up with the idea of an "articulated" bike, but what about steering?

If you will only steer, everything would be alright, but when you also tilt during cornering, the driver would have to push/pull the handlebars against the whole weight of the bike, wouldn't he?

Anyway, interesting solutions were done here and hope the driver will be brawny enough :wink:.

I have never driven a motorcycle to be honest so my concept was just for fun really.

I guess the wide flat tire on the front would be another huge issue for a real size machine to be steered :pir-look:

2 minutes ago, Ivorrr said:

I have never driven a motorcycle to be honest so my concept was just for fun really.

I guess the wide flat tire on the front would be another huge issue for a real size machine to be steered 

I also haven't yet.

By the way, my bike also has a wide front tyre. :classic:

As I said before, I like this concept and wish you best of luck to the competition.

Well, I like the muscular stance of the bike, it's wide frame, bold exhaust pipes, it's wide tires, like it' calling "Just try to mess with me and you'll see".  It is ironically kinda accurate, because but the steering would be a problem in real life. To be honest, many entries in this contest have wrong steering geometry that would prove unstable and unrideable (or at least extremly dangerous) when built in real life. You can improve it by rebuilding the front section so the steering axis intersects the ground in front of front wheel's point of contact with the ground.
However, as long as contests are mainly for fun and joy of building, it hopefully does not really matter. 

Steerable version (draft with out suspension or finishing the look of the front fork)

1280x604.jpg 

Tbh, I liked the first version with that short front fork way better, unrealistic or not. Your reworked version takes a lot of character out of the appearance for me... Still good, but not popping anymore. Just my opinion, no offence...

3 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Tbh, I liked the first version with that short front fork way better, unrealistic or not. Your reworked version takes a lot of character out of the appearance for me... Still good, but not popping anymore. Just my opinion, no offence...

I absolutely agree with you there! The previous version was more appealing to myself as well. 

Just playing around with this concept a bit and will be rebuilding the front back to the entry one