dimitri_bricks

90th Anniversary of the Lego Group / Fan Vote

Hi lego train lovers, 

Lego has launched a fan vote to choose a classic lego theme that will be bring back in 2022.

First vote, from 17th to 25th january 2021, we have to choose1,2 or 3 themes max between 30 and second vote on 3rd february to choose between the 3 more popular themes.

Lego train fans, I invite you all to vote for trains. :thumbup:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fd5cc3b8-284f-4520-825f-7c3f5e4a50fe

Edited by dimitri_bricks

Also voted for trains. (+pirates +adventurers) 

Even with castle being split into different categories I have low hopes as the first comments seem bionicle focused - something I've literally never played with and no connection to, except I consider it the least lego of all lego ;-) 

I've voted for trains too.

Can I just suggest that if trains is to have the highest chance, then vote for trains and only trains.  I decided not to vote for town or pirates as well.  Also, this topic ought to be pinned on the Train Tech.

:cry_happy: We all know that Trains have no chance up against stuff like classic Castle or classic Space themes :ugh:

But hey, you never know, maybe we can score an underdog-esque uspet...?

I think we could at least make a statement about Trains as a theme if we secure 3rd (or even 4th) place...?

3 minutes ago, M_slug357 said:

:cry_happy: We all know that Trains have no chance up against stuff like classic Castle or classic Space themes :ugh:

But hey, you never know, maybe we can score an underdog-esque uspet...?

I think we could at least make a statement about Trains as a theme if we secure 3rd (or even 4th) place...?

This is my thinking. Another chance to show that Trains are wanted (or not :pir-murder:

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Can I just suggest that if trains is to have the highest chance, then vote for trains and only trains.  I decided not to vote for town or pirates as well.  Also, this topic ought to be pinned on the Train Tech.

I agree, I only voted trains and I invite everyone to do this too, and yes we have no chance but if we made an higher % maybe lego will think more about trains...

Well it looks like LEGO reserves the right to choose one of the top three themes which is why everyone gets to vote for three. Everyone gets to vote for one of the three but that just determines which is most popular. I do have a feeling that classic castle, even split into different groups as it is will triumph but who knows. As long as we can signal that trains are still popular.

It may seem dumb/ redundant, but there's an additional type-in entry on the form, I suggest everyone type in trains there as well!

10 hours ago, Sunil766 said:

Even with castle being split into different categories I have low hopes as the first comments seem bionicle focused - something I've literally never played with and no connection to, except I consider it the least lego of all lego ;-) 

That would be typical wouldn't it, let's celebrate 90 years of Lego with bionicle! Let's hope some youtuber or someone doesn't start telling people to vote for something, like what happened with the SW gunship. 

A nice train set would be nice though, I will vote for trains. I think space and castle deserve it most because those themes are the least likely to get any representation in the future, and though I would prefer a town set, we already have city sets and I care more for trains than the other themes.

14 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

smart guy! copying your idea :)

57 minutes ago, Thai bricks said:

My tick is now awaiting approval... wth?

That happens for every activity on LEGO Ideas, usually takes only 1 or 2 days to get approved.

Voted for Trains. According to a calculation by someone in a LEGO Train Facebook group, Trains is currently in fourth. I am actually quite surprised by this. There must be a lot more pent-up demand than I initially thought! It bodes well for future releases.

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

That happens for every activity on LEGO Ideas, usually takes only 1 or 2 days to get approved.

If I had written in the text box then that would be sensible, even necessary. I guess their software is not sophisticated enough to auto-approve a tick only.

16 hours ago, RedBrick1 said:

Voted for Trains. According to a calculation by someone in a LEGO Train Facebook group, Trains is currently in fourth. I am actually quite surprised by this. There must be a lot more pent-up demand than I initially thought! It bodes well for future releases.

I have seen that in a mail from lego ideas that trains are in 4th position as today (24th january), not bad, maybe lego will understand that there is more interest for trains than they can think and bring us more train sets in the future.

I can't believe how Bionicle could win this, one of the least interesting themes ever imo.

Well trains ended just outside the top three

That sucks.  Don't like any of the choices, so for the question on any particular set I put the Metroliner.

How the hell did Bionicle get on the list anyway, besides I thought it was supposed to be only the top 3?

Here's the results. Space and castle would have probably come out on top if they had not split them into multiple categories (if you read on in the thread, they wound up keeping castle in the running for the next round). Bionicle did have a deep fan base, and as one of the newer themes on the list the timing is about right for those fans to be coming out of their dark ages en mas. The real head scratcher is how did time cruisers do so well at 24/28?

Um, so although trains beat all the castle sub-categories, and most of the others, it got kicked out of the second round.

Their reasoning doesn't follow either. If the castle fanatics used all three votes for castle sub-categories, then combining the sub-categories gets one vote for super-castle, not three.

If they are going to have a second round, they should include trains and adventurers, both of which beat the best castle sub-category.

Or they should just admit that they want castles to win

Not a win, but hopefully Lego will see how well trains did, for something that "not enough people are intrested in" (idk the exact quote but some Jamie Berard interview. Combined with the fact that the Crocodile Locomotive is often out of stock hopefully they'll see the train fans are still alive

Hmmm...
ALL Castle - 52,460
ALL Space - 38,750
Bionicle - 24,799
ALL Town/Train - 22,889
ALL Pirates - 22,896

So...I'll agree that the breakup was terrible from the start. But I agree with the (decided) results.
I expected Castle and Space to come out on top (until I saw the breakup). Bionicle surprised me more by it's inclusion than by results.
Although a little sad my choices (Adventurers, Train, Model Team) didn't make the cut.

I personally feel like we've gotten a LOT of Classic Space material lately (thanks to Benny). And we JUST had Barracuda Bay. So my opinion is that we've already had "anniversary" sets for those themes. I also feel that Bionicle is far too recent to be a "classic", despite it's cult following, but I won't fight it. I also feel Model Team has essentially been rebooted as a theme with the recent Technic/Creator Expert.
I personally feel Adventurers is the most worthy of an "anniversary" set. But the votes have spoken, my opinion should have no sway or hold on the masses.