Ross Fisher

[O9 - Onderon and Dxun - CE] Our fallen fathers

*Your entry has earned 5 XP*

Well, here's what Kite told us; some of her people had intercepted a renegade Mando, who was earning blood-money from the Imperials. Apparently they had attacked a storage facility on Onderon and stolen the beskar there.

Now, as you're probably aware, all beskar ultimately comes from Mandalore or the planets directly under it's control. But here's where it gets worse:

Because if Malachor is where the Mandalorian crusades ended, then Dxun (Onderon's moon) is where they began. The highpoint of our civilisation. There's plenty of beskar there, but it's all buried with the warriors who fell wearing it - a relic of a time when there was plenty of the stuff to go around. 

In the jungles of Dxun

So, while there was beskar in that storage facility; it's there because at some point, someone desecrated the graves of Mandalorian ancestors, looted their armour and melted it down. And the Imperials had the gall to claim it was theirs. So, yeah, Clan Eldar weren't about to walk away from this one. 

In the jungles of Dxun

I've wanted to build Neo-Crusaders for a while, and this was a great opportunity. 

c0b7cb971cf8a4ec1c8f1b5724cc24f3.jpg

Both forces here are copied from the Dxun section of KOTOR 2. It's a really fun era to build for, so I may try again at a later date. 

Edited by goatman461

Nice colorful build! The neo crusaders are brilliant! I wish you had cut a little triangle of black sticker out and put on the Royal Guard helmets, to create that T-shape - I need to try that out now! :laugh:

Great story too - looks like I'll have to a mando prison break-out soon... Or maybe go digging on Dxun... :wink:

Edited by Darth Bjorn
Added comment...

On 1/18/2021 at 1:08 AM, RocketBoy said:

I love any and all builds based on KOTOR source material

Thanks! I'm trying to build an old Republic Navy trooper minifig, but it's really hard to get parts that look right. I'll post in Discord sooner or later...

On 1/18/2021 at 9:38 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

I wish you had cut a little triangle of black sticker out and put on the Royal Guard helmets, to create that T-shape

I thought about it, but the purist in me hated the idea. Let me know if you try it. I'd love to see how it goes.