Calanon

Lego Ideas 90th Anniversary Fan Vote

3 hours ago, MAB said:

How many people voting for Classic Castle really wanted a yellow castle, or did they vote believing they were voting for combinations of other options in the poll.

Luckily it seems like Lego understood this and gave us a lion one instead :wink:

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

It better includes a goat lol

The GOAT castle :tongue: We will see they should have budget for a "new" mould and this would be the perfect time to bring it back:sweet:

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

A big Castle set for sure would be my favorite choice, I really do hope it has multiple horses with saddles, and/or horse armor.

Yes this better not have one horse in it :devil:

35 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if we got updated versions of the classic factions? One can dream... But this set sounds like a step on a direction many of us would love.

Ooh! Maybe a jousting tournament featuring several factions, happening outside the castle?

24 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Luckily it seems like Lego understood this and gave us a lion one instead :wink:

The GOAT castle :tongue: We will see they should have budget for a "new" mould and this would be the perfect time to bring it back:sweet:

Yes this better not have one horse in it :devil:

I bet it will have a sticker of a goat. And a sticker of a horse, for that matter...

Amazing! :excited:

Even though I'm sure I would have loved any other theme, this is completely what I was wishing for and just like how I described it in the fan vote!

It sounds like it's going to be a really impressive castle!

I'm curious to see the final set and if there will be some other factions, peasants, different horses and other animals included.

Well... It seems like my prediction ended up being accurate. I fully expected they would make a large D2C Castle right after the poll ended, and as it turns out, I was right. It just seemed like the most obvious choice and the easiest to market. 

Congrats to all the Castle fans who finally will get the set they've been waiting for so long, but... this also puts the final nail in the coffin for Space and Bionicle... :cry2:

At that price point it definitely makes sense that BIONICLE wasn’t chosen, was expecting something much smaller.

Unfortunately, Castle was the only one of the four I didn’t care for. Good news for Castle fans though

36 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Well... It seems like my prediction ended up being accurate. I fully expected they would make a large D2C Castle right after the poll ended, and as it turns out, I was right. It just seemed like the most obvious choice and the easiest to market. 

Congrats to all the Castle fans who finally will get the set they've been waiting for so long, but... this also puts the final nail in the coffin for Space and Bionicle... :cry2:

As both a castle and space fan, this is bittersweet to me. My hope is that if it sells well (and it should, barring it being a bad design), they might give space a shot!

Castle makes sense. If you group the votes from the first round into categories, Castle wins quite convincingly.

Castle - 46892
Space - 38750
Bionicle - 24799
Pirates - 22896
Trains - 14855
Explorers - 14627
Adventurers - 13988
City - 9194
Model Team - 6397
Studios - 5179
Agents - 2807

Edit: I had hoped for Pirates, though...

Edited by Jiesdeo

9 minutes ago, Jiesdeo said:

Castle makes sense. If you group the votes from the first round into categories, Castle wins quite convincingly.

Castle - 46892
Space - 38750
Bionicle - 24799
Pirates - 22896
Trains - 14855
Explorers - 14627
Adventurers - 13988
City - 9194
Model Team - 6397
Studios - 5179
Agents - 2807

You can't quite do that, as it was three votes per person, and many voted for three castle themes. But StoneWars did a great analysis of the votes and trying to do it on a per user basis, castle still won, although less convincingly.

Bionicle Leads LEGO Ideas 90th Anniversary Survey: An Analysis (stonewars.net)

9 minutes ago, Jiesdeo said:

Castle - 46892
Space - 38750
Bionicle - 24799
Pirates - 22896
Trains - 14855
Explorers - 14627
Adventurers - 13988
City - 9194
Model Team - 6397
Studios - 5179
Agents - 2807

I was hoping for pirates too but hey, at least we got barracuda bay! I'm really excited to see this castle though! Tbh I knew I would buy this set regardless (as long as it wasn't bionicle haha).

1 minute ago, azog said:

I was hoping for pirates too but hey, at least we got barracuda bay! I'm really excited to see this castle though! Tbh I knew I would buy this set regardless (as long as it wasn't bionicle haha).

Yeah, I guess. Barracuda Bay was discontinued a bit too fast for my taste (I wanted one more). I would like it to have an Imperial counterpart too.

2 hours ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

but that's democracy folks

:pir-laugh: De-what???

I like the way TLG is talking about shifting-the-rules on their website (https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6c5a05b4-e29c-47ec-8841-a2bce1f8933e)

Just imagine some guy yells this little speech below from an elevated stand, maybe even inside a castle :pir-skel: with some good number of flags with subtle castle-symbols in his back, maybe some subtle torches burning in the back - and some subtle officers, knights and - you know it all, the works. It is all silent, no one in the crowded audience speaks a word, all are looking in awe, waiting for the announcement of the leader of The Liberal Party of the Grand LEGO Worlds - one can only hear wind-gusts. It is March, after all. And then the PA comes on: Wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so low as to make a brave man weep (:pir-wink: stolen from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, THGTTG) - and a very, very loud voice (BTW: same PA as the Vogons have on their spaceships to announce the destruction of planets):

"We feel as though this is one of the best ways not only to honor the winners of this fan vote, but also to let the voices of 33489 people who voted for Castle or a subtheme be heard."

(Pause - someone whispers: 33489)

"If we consolidated any other subthemes together, for example 'Classic Space' and 'Space Police' or any other subtheme, it wouldn't change the top three, and the winners. The only exception is Castle!"

(Pause - some people are getting nervous)

We hope you understand why we're changing the rules slightly, and that you're excited to cast your final vote to help us decide which themed set to launch in 2022!

There was a terrible ghastly silence.
There was a terrible ghastly noise.
There was a terrible ghastly silence. (Same reference: THGTTG)

And it felt as if all the other themes were simply gone.

Democracy: When the ballots are out, they are out. There are voting rules in effect. When the ballots or the rules are actually changed during the voting process, be it stupidity, or even stupidity squared asking for the change, the system behind this action is usually called autocracy, only to voice it less harshly.

It is what it is - Castle fans are happy, and so let the good times roll!

All the best,
Thorsten

(Post not to be taken seriously :pir-huzzah2:)

Edited by Toastie

I feel sorry for the fans of the other themes. With only one anniversary set and the heated discussion about the fan vote, dissapointment was inevitable.

We can only hope there will come nostalgic sets like this castle, Benny's Spaceship and Space Squad and Pirates of Barracuda Bay every now and then. A Classic Space moonbase, an Imperial fortress or ship, an Adventurers quest... it could all be amazing!

But... imagine the fan vote was there to select which theme gets the largest set, while the other popular themes get smaller sets in this anniversary year! :innocent2:

Oooo a 90th anniveary set will be a castle?! That would be awesome!!!

t sure hope it would include a goat in it….

1 hour ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

Toastie :pir-huzzah1:

This is all still just a strong leak though. Might be a pirate castle in space yet, with bionicle GWP.

Honestly, I'd go for that!

12 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I bet it will have a sticker of a goat. And a sticker of a horse, for that matter...

:laugh:

I’m loving it, we can still take solace that the space sets this year somewhat resemble old school space sets but at the end of the day I’m stocked at the fact that this might be a few thousand bricks in the making 😍😍

On 3/9/2022 at 6:40 PM, Wesley D said:

I'm curious to see the final set and if there will be some other factions, peasants, different horses and other animals included.

It would be nice if they do a few factions (even if only one of each) and the parts are sold on the online PAB. Plus a few peasants too.

I can't even picture a 350Euro castle, it has to be massive because the Creator 3 in 1 Castle is a very good size itself.

I was hoping for a Space set just because we had the Ideas Pirate set, We have the Creator 3 in 1 Castle and nothing really for space. Yes City has Space but it's not the same, it's more 'real' than LEGO space.

22 hours ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

Toastie :pir-huzzah1:

This is all still just a strong leak though. Might be a pirate castle in space yet, with bionicle GWP.

What if it's a 3 in 1 set? Contains the three classic themes and a brick built Bionicle thing on the side. :laugh:

Edited by Maple

1 hour ago, Maple said:

I can't even picture a 350Euro castle, it has to be massive because the Creator 3 in 1 Castle is a very good size itself.

I was hoping for a Space set just because we had the Ideas Pirate set, We have the Creator 3 in 1 Castle and nothing really for space. Yes City has Space but it's not the same, it's more 'real' than LEGO space.

What if it's a 3 in 1 set? Contains the three classic themes and a brick built Bionicle thing on the side. :laugh:

350$ has room for colossal brick count, mini figures, animals, civilians, factions, all things considered the 3in1 creator priced at 99.99 is like 1,200 bricks, my mind can’t comprehend how epic this one would be!!!    

11 minutes ago, eldiano said:

350$ has room for colossal brick count, mini figures, animals, civilians, factions, all things considered the 3in1 creator priced at 99.99 is like 1,200 bricks, my mind can’t comprehend how epic this one would be!!!    

LEGO increased the price of the Castle inEurope, so it was 100 Euro is now like 120 Euro. So it would be still almost 3 times the size!

At the very least have some new prints and two Castle groups. I hope for the return of Forestmen and Wolf Pack but that's not likely. 

2 minutes ago, Maple said:

LEGO increased the price of the Castle inEurope, so it was 100 Euro is now like 120 Euro. So it would be still almost 3 times the size!

Actually, only the 2020 Pirate Ship was increased to €120, Castle is still €100.

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

At the very least have some new prints and two Castle groups. I hope for the return of Forestmen and Wolf Pack but that's not likely. 

Yikes!!! I bought my second ago last month for 99.99usd, it sucks about the price hike!  But looking back at the 31120 medieval castle.  

Is it possible we will get a moulded Dragon?  I’m highly curious wether they will go the fantasy or “kingdoms” route 

Edited by eldiano

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

Yikes!!! I bought my second ago last month for 99.99usd, it sucks about the price hike!  But looking back at the 31120 medieval castle.  

Is it possible we will get a moulded Dragon?  I’m highly curious wether they will go the fantasy or “kingdoms” route 

I'm predicting that they go with the "kingdoms" but maybe include some callback to the Fright Knights era (a wizard or witch minifigure, maybe some sort of small cave on the side of the castle), since it seems like they were heavily focused on 80s/90s themes, which were more the realistic stuff (or, more realistic than fantasy).  However, if they brought back the original dragon mold, I would be ecstatic.