Calanon

Lego Ideas 90th Anniversary Fan Vote

Gotta be honest, I saw something on Instagram advertising this poll and assumed it was fake!

I’ll probably be voting for Adventurers, Model Team (mostly because I think they would remake the Black Cat Semi, and that’s one of my most wanted sets ever) and either Rock Raiders, Trains, Studios, or one of the Castle subthemes.

I’m curious what they have in mind for some of these sets should the theme win.  

6 hours ago, M Jibril said:

I voted for Ice Planet, Adventurers, and Classic Space. The first two are personal preference, the third I choose because I feel that CS fans deserve something after we got Pirates of Barracuda Bay and the Medieval Blacksmith.

Have people forgotten about Benny's spaceship and the recent battlepack already? If anything, classic space has had the most new stuff out of the majority of classic themes.

I voted for Adventurers, Rock Raiders and Imperials. Judging by the vote distribution, Adventurers has a good chance of winning and it's my personal top pick, they better also make awesome modern versions of most of the figures... especially from the Egyptian subtheme.

2 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Have people forgotten about Benny's spaceship and the recent battlepack already? If anything, classic space has had the most new stuff out of the majority of classic themes.

Agree

Also the LEGO IDEAS mech with the green classic spacemen and the book with the orange classic spaceman

Precisely my reasoning why I didn't pick Classic Space or Paradisia (which lives on in Friends)!

Ice Planet 2000, Rock Raiders, and BIONICLE for me. First two should be self-explanatory, and while an entire reboot for the last is definitely nonviable a second time, a single adult-aimed collector set is right up my alley.

Edited by toastergrl

11 minutes ago, General Magma said:

I don't think anyone has forgotten, but Benny's spaceship was released nearly 6 years ago and the battlepack, while nice, is just a little pocket-money set. I think it would be nice to have something more recent and substantial to go along with PoBB and MB.

That being said I'd still prefer either Ice Planet or Adventurers.

My votes:

1. Biological + Chronicle = Bionicle

2. Adventurers (picked Orient Expedition as my subtheme of choice)

3. Alpha Team

2 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Adventurers because I still think it's the best story-based theme Lego have ever done;

Bionicle: Am I a joke to you? :grin:

Edited by Lego David

There are many castle sub-themes (and space), I wonder how the 'overall' theme votes will go and if castle and space will split their vote so much neither will make it into the top 3.

I'm finding it funny how there's a separate thread for this in each sub-forum. All saying vote for 'insert theme here'. It's like Eurobricks Civil War :laugh:.

It is a real shame that they're only doing one set from this vote. Though I'm sure they'll do more than this for their anniversary. 

18 minutes ago, jtooker said:

There are many castle sub-themes (and space), I wonder how the 'overall' theme votes will go and if castle and space will split their vote so much neither will make it into the top 3.

I was thinking the same thing. If I had to guess, we're going to end up competing with Bionicle in the last round, but we have to agree on three Castle subthemes that we all vote for in order to get there. I've ruled out Black Falcons and Crusaders (Lion Knights) because they're most likely coming this year, and I intend to vote for Wolfpack since we haven't gotten anything from them since the 90's. I'd like to hear from some people here before we cast our votes though.

I think it is a shame there are so many castle themes... The people that like those themes might say that the differences are enormous, but for someone not into castles all castle themes look the same. Aside from the bright yellow one of course.

People are seriously voting for space? :sick: We have so many space sets and a literal classic space set reimagined. Why would we use this opportunity on yet another one.

Which castle theme are we all rallying behind? I feel like there are such little difference that all the castle votes are going to be spread out and none will win.

Edited by Modal

12 minutes ago, Modal said:

Which castle theme are we all rallying behind? I feel like there are such little difference that all the castle votes are going to be spread out and none will win.

Maybe some employees of Lego don't want a castle theme and they did it that way on purpose ;p

Lets go, Bionicle! I wish we had got one thing this year for the anniversary, but maybe this will hive it one last chance at a set (even if its reg. system). Also chose Rock Raiders and Aquazone.

Lots of good themes for a revival set but when there’s the theme “staples” like Classic Space/Pirates/Castle as options, it feels like most of them don’t even have a chance of winning.

Edited by UberCorp

2 hours ago, General Magma said:

Pirates got two sets last year, Castle is getting two sets this year. Benny's Space ship was 7 years ago already. Friends is basically Paradisa on steroids.

Clearly Space is the most due for a set.

Man the inclusion of Bionicle worries quite a bit.At first I though Castle,Pirates and Space where serious opponents but with Bionicle in the mix?That's bad news.

Edited by LOTR34

LEGO YouTubers, IGs, blogs and such are going nuts with this

I wouldnt be surprised if they decide to release the 3 top themes due to the huge response this is getting

30 minutes ago, Modal said:

People are seriously voting for space? :sick: We have so many space sets and a literal classic space set reimagined. Why would we use this opportunity on yet another one.

Again, what are you people talking about? Benny's Space ship was 7 years ago.

Just now, Robert8 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if they decide to release the 3 top themes due to the huge response this is getting

I hope so. I'd love to buy a Space AND Castle set!

Bionicle also has the advantage of being a single theme, while Space and Castle are split across multiple sub-themes.

I ended up voting for Bionicle

1 minute ago, danth said:

I hope so. I'd love to buy a Space AND Castle set!

And adventurers...