Calanon

Lego Ideas 90th Anniversary Fan Vote

Lego have released a fan vote on Lego Ideas to create a set from a classic theme for the 90th anniversary of Lego. There is a great selection of themes on there, unfortunately only one will be chosen for a set. This is especially evil as certain themes such as castle and space are so split up, and you can only choose three, with no ranked preference voting! What are you thinking of voting for, should we try to rally around at least one particular loved theme to ensure it does well? I'm open for two of my picks, although one of mine will certainly be for Rock Raiders.

webp

To celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group, help us choose a classic theme to be reimagined as a single new product for the 2022 LEGO Adult Portfolio. We have created a list of our 30 favourite classic LEGO themes for you to choose from.

Splitting this fan vote into two parts, you will have three votes in the first vote. You can vote a maximum of once for a theme in the first vote. This vote will be 100% transparrent!

The second vote will be the top three themes from the first vote. One of the three themes will be the theme the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on. This vote will not be transparrent, so it's still a little bit of a secret.

How will this work?

We will run this fan vote of all 30 themes from today the 17th of January 2021, to the 25th of January 2021. Then on February 3rd 2021, we will launch a second fan vote of the top three themes from this fan vote which will run until February 10th 2021. One of these three themes will be what the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on, but we still want to know what the most popular of the final three is!

How can I vote?

Select up to three separate themes, you would like the 90th Anniversary Set to be based on and head over to the Activity page and cast your vote. We've even added some pretty pictures so you know what you're voting for! These themes include:

Trains

native

Town

native

Classic Space

native

Classic Castle

native

Lion Knights

native

Black Falcons

native

Model Team

native

Forestmen

native

Blacktron

native

Black Knights

native

Pirates

native

Imperials

native

Space Police

native

M-Tron

native

Wolfpack

native

Paradisa

native

Dragon Knights

native

Ice Planet

native

Aquazone

native

Spyrius

native

Exploriens

native

Time Cruisers

native

Divers

native

Adventurers

native

Xtreme Team

native

Rock Raiders

native

Studios

native

Bionicle

native

Arctic

native

Alpha Team

native

What a selection!

Do you have one or two (or even three) favorites in mind? Great! Well in that case, head over to the Activity page and cast your vote!

And as always, if you have any questions please ask them in the comments down below. Happy voting!

REMINDER: This Fan Vote will be active until January 25th, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CEST (4 a.m. EST). 

Also, I'm aware there there is already a thread for Lego Ideas discussion but this feels like a particularly big and unique thing that it could warrant its own thread.

I voted for Ice Planet, Adventurers, and Classic Space. The first two are personal preference, the third I choose because I feel that CS fans deserve something after we got Pirates of Barracuda Bay and the Medieval Blacksmith.

My votes went to Classic Space, Adventurers, and Trains; and for those wondering, here's the full list of classic themes that are up for voting...

• Trains
  • Town
  • Classic Space
  • Classic Castle
  • Lion Knights
  • Black Falcons
  • Model Team
  • Forestmen
  • Blacktron
  • Black Knights
  • Pirates
  • Imperials
  • Space Police
  • M-Tron
  • Wolfpack
  • Paradisa
  • Dragon Knights
  • Ice Planet
  • Aquazone
  • Spyrius
  • Exploriens
  • Time Cruisers
  • Divers
  • Adventurers
  • Xtreme Team
  • Rock Raiders
  • Studios
  • Bionicle
  • Arctic
  • Alpha Team

Classic Space, Blacktron, Mtron. :grin: I actually kinda wished I voted Classic Castle over Classic Space, and I just realized Futuron wasn't on the list. :sceptic: MONORAIL!!!

Went for Bionicle/Adventurers/Paradisa.

This seems like the perfect opportunity to get that anniversary set, but also for the demand for other non-space/castle themes to get noticed by TLG.

Let's hope this is the right time for Classic Space.

Did anybody else get an Awaiting Approval?

Edited by astral brick

So... would older themes be at a disadvantage here, on the account less fans have been alive to have fond memories of them?

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

ADVENTURERS!!!!

Please :(

Still don't know why Lego keeps overlooking that theme even as a basis for a new playtheme, other than maybe Jurassic World stands in its way? :def_shrug:

I voted for Imperials, Wolfpack and Dragon Knights. Part of me feels like bonkle deserves the win, however my bonkling days are behind me and I wouldn't have any interest in buying a Bionicle  set. Had lego not divided it up so much I would have voted for Castle, Pirates and Adventurers. I wonder if the (unnecessary IMO) subtheme divisions for Castle and Space will be detrimental or beneficial to non space/castle themes. Looking at  Adventurers for example, on the one hand some people, like me, would have voted for it if not for the subthemes, meaning it'd get more votes. On the other hand castle as an induvial theme would surely get more votes than any of the subthemes on there own so it would be harder for something else to beat it.

Do you folks think that the pictures for each theme represent the set that is most likely to get remade for that theme?

Edited by Agent Kallus

I voted for Adventurers and other 2 random that dont stand a chance. I didnt want to risk it :grin:

A surprise, unexpected but a welcome one! ??

my votes are up for classic castle, adventurers and imperials

Forestmen, Paradisa and Adventurers for me. Forestmen because even though I've never actually owned a set (they're all so bloody expensive on the second hand market) it was the theme eight-year-old me used to spend the most time staring at on Bricklink; Adventurers because I still think it's the best story-based theme Lego have ever done; and Paradisa in the hopes that light green makes a comeback!

I can't be the only one surprised not to see Western on the list, though. My understanding has always been that it's one of Lego's most popular themes, and surely they're aware of that, so is there a reason it was excluded?

Classic Space, Adventurers, Lion Knights for me.  Hoping for a Galaxy Explorer. 

Some of the options are surprising because they already have recent modern equivalents:

• Alpha Team = Agents and Ultra Agents
  • Arctic has had City waves in 2014 and 2018
  • Divers had City waves in 2015 and 2020
  • Extreme Team is just Town with 4x4s and there have been plenty of City stunt vehicles, including a rumored summer wave for 2021
  • Model Team = Creator Expert/18+ vehicles
  • Paradisa = Friends, but with minifigures instead of minidolls
  • Town = City

I just noticed Monster Fighters isnt listed?

I assume is too recent to be considered 

Not vintage enough

Bionicle, Paradisa and rock raiders

A real shame Galidor was not included, I am sure that theme would have won :(

Edited by Lira_Bricks
Galidor