Sign in to follow this  
HothFan1987

Vote for the LEGO 90th Anniversary set - VOTE Pirate / Imperial!

VOTE NOW

Click here to vote

Official LEGO Group Survey

Fan Vote: Help Celebrate the 90th Anniversary...

Help us choose a classic theme to be reimagined as a single new product for the 2022 LEGO Adult Portfolio, to celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group! We have created a list of our 30 favorite classic LEGO themes for you to choose from.

Splitting this fan vote into two parts, you will have three votes in the first vote. You can vote a maximum of once for a theme in the first vote. This vote will be 100% transparent!

The second vote will be the top three themes from the first vote. One of the three themes will be the theme the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on. This vote will not be transparent, so it's still a little bit of a secret.

This is the First Vote of the two.

[Not sure what an Activity/Fan Vote is? Then check out this blog post]

Deadline

This Fan Vote will be active until January 25th, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CEST (4 a.m. EST). 

Acceptable Entry Content

• Select 1, 2 or 3 different themes you wish to vote for.
  • Please in the box where you have the option to tell us specific sub themes, any and all votes with text in that violates our community guidelines will be invalid.

VOTE NOW

(Click "View Entries" and login to your LEGO.com account to see voting options)

You will need a LEGO.com account to vote.
Official LEGO blog post  |  Vote Here

Voted for Pirates, Imperials and Adventurers, although I'd love to see almost all of those themes. No Bionicle though... 

12 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

I posted the link in the Ideas Thread but so everyone can see it - the chance to vote for a 2022 set from classic themes.

Thank you, but I think we need to upgrade your first post ...

Fan Vote: Help Celebrate the 90th Anniversary...

Help us choose a classic theme to be reimagined as a single new product for the 2022 LEGO Adult Portfolio, to celebrate the 90th Anniversary of The LEGO Group! We have created a list of our 30 favorite classic LEGO themes for you to choose from.

Splitting this fan vote into two parts, you will have three votes in the first vote. You can vote a maximum of once for a theme in the first vote. This vote will be 100% transparrent!

The second vote will be the top three themes from the first vote. One of the three themes will be the theme the 90th Anniversary Set will be based on. This vote will not be transparrent, so it's still a little bit of a secret.

This is the First Vote of the two.

[Not sure what an Activity/Fan Vote is? Then check out this blog post]

Deadline

This Fan Vote will be active until January 25th, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. CEST (4 a.m. EST). 

Acceptable Entry Content

• Select 1, 2 or 3 different themes you wish to vote for.
  • Please in the box where you have the option to tell us specific sub themes, any and all votes with text in that violates our community guidelines will be invalid.

VOTE NOW

You will need a LEGO.com account to vote.
Official blog post  |  Vote Here

Too many different subentries for Space and Castle.

Although clearly Bionicle will win by a lot.

At least let's try to make it to the top three themes.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

9 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Let's make some noise!

If I had time I'd make some nice graphics to share on social media.

But I don't have time...

On 1/20/2021 at 3:06 AM, Brickander Brickumnus said:

May I suggest you also comment here and also put a picture in your comment.

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fd5cc3b8-284f-4520-825f-7c3f5e4a50fe

Let's make some noise!

No, you may not, as that webpage implicitly states:

"We kindly remind you not to post links or request visits/feedback to your own (or someone else’s) submissions, or otherwise try to make the conversation about your submission."

Instead, you can share the above image via Social Media and use this shortcut link to direct people to the webpage which allows voting: https://bit.ly/lego90vote

I struggle to imagine a set for pirates that would better meet this brief than the already released barracuda bay - but would love a corresponding imperial set of the same quality (preferably based on the imperial trading post).

1 hour ago, Weil said:

I struggle to imagine a set for pirates that would better meet this brief than the already released barracuda bay

I'm sure we can could come up with something if we pooled together all the talented MOCers who love building LEGO Pirate MOCs! :pir-love:

Barracuda Bay was based on the "shipwreck island" concept, I'm sure you could find other facets of pirate mythos upon which to base an equally stunning LEGO set.

1 hour ago, Weil said:

but would love a corresponding imperial set of the same quality (preferably based on the imperial trading post).

Aye, Pirates have had their turn, so an Imperial counterpart would be a fresh change in direction.

It's a lost cause, as Bionicle seems to be winning by a landslide... :pir-bawling:

Yes I noticed it appeared this way too.  However, there's a second round to this and I think bionocle is probably quite polarising - so there may be a lot of "non-bionicle" votes that all get effectively transferred to an alternative to bionicle, once the options are reduced.

In any case, every vote for a theme will probably help indicate a demand for that theme.  This could potentially lead to some positive outcome for that theme in the future, even if it doesn't win the vote.

On 1/18/2021 at 1:22 AM, Mister Phes said:

Thank you, but I think we need to upgrade your first post ...

Great ! I would not have said better ! Thanks !

And of course I voted Pirates !

3 hours ago, Weil said:

In any case, every vote for a theme will probably help indicate a demand for that theme.  This could potentially lead to some positive outcome for that theme in the future, even if it doesn't win the vote.

Exactly!

The problem is that themes like Pirates, Castle and Space are split up in many different subthemes - while Bionicle gets to have just the one. It makes for a very biased and skewed voting.

2 hours ago, Hive said:

The problem is that themes like Pirates, Castle and Space are split up in many different subthemes - while Bionicle gets to have just the one. It makes for a very biased and skewed voting.

Upon counting I noticed there 7 Space and Castle sub-themes, 2 Pirate sub-themes and the rest had one sub-theme.  Unless you count Paradisa as a Town sub-theme, then town also has two sub-themes in this poll.

If you want to know how the French public positions itself on this vote (or at least the readers of Hoth Bricks, the best-known French LEGO blog :pir-wink:), I had fun counting the 85 votes expressed in the comments under the article promoting this poll, between January 17 and 21:

CASTLE: 65 votes
Forestmen: 18
– Classic Castle: 11
– Wolfpack: 9
– Dragon Masters: 9
– Lion Knights: 7
– Black Falcons: 6
– Black Knights: 5

SPACE: 49 votes
Classic Space: 27
– M-Tron: 7
– Blacktron: 6
– Ice Planet: 4
– Space Police: 3
– Exploriens: 1
– Spyrius: 1

PIRATES: 31 votes
Pirates: 20
– Imperials: 11

TOWN: 2 votes
– Classic Town: 1
– Paradisa: 1
– Arctic, Xtreme Team, and Divers: 0   (but maybe some people misunderstood "Divers", since it means "Miscellaneous" in French?)

Adventurers: 17

– Trains: 11

– Model Team: 9

– Aquazone: 6

– Studios: 2

– Time Cruisers: 2

– Alpha Team: 1

– Rock Raiders: 1

– Bionicle: 1

Applied to this sample of 85 French-speaking people, the LEGO Ideas poll would therefore put the Classic Space theme well ahead (27 votes), then the Pirates (20 votes), closely followed by the Forestmen (18 votes) and, at the foot of the podium, the Adventurers with their 17 votes.

Personally and unsurprisingly, I voted for the Imperials :bonaparte:, the Pirates :pir-huzzah2:, and... the Forestmen  (after an hesitation for the Wolfpack and the Adventurers).

Edited by CyregO

6 hours ago, CyregO said:

I had fun counting the 85 votes expressed in the comments under the article promoting this poll

These comments don't count as votes, though. You can see the votes here by clicking on the red squares.

So far there is 58,628 votes and it's painting a very different picture to your sample.

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

These comments don't count as votes, though.

I know, but it was still more feasible than basing myself on the 3000 and some comments of the LEGO Ideas post! And it's very likely that these people didn't just share their vote on the blog, but also went to cast it on the platform...
As for the 58,628 votes, they must have been greatly exceeded, since the counter has been stuck on this exact number for at least 5 days (either that, or this data was erroneous from the beginning...)

I wonder if some statistics will be shown as how many of those 58000+ voters registered in the last week.

I sampled a couple who show basic avatars, and they were all registered three days ago, with no other activity then this poll connected to their profile.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:36 AM, Hive said:

I think many people will vote for  Bionicle in the first round. My fear is that if they get most votes on the second round LEGO will deside for another of the three last canditates. I think (iam not a Bionicle Fan, i have to say) that the Fanbase wants a SET with distinct Bionicle Features. Most of their parts, i think are retired. (correct me if iam wrong) Lego will not bring retired parts. Its a economical question. Lego knows a brick build Bionicle Set will not satisfy the Fanbase. Dont know why they included it in the First Place. I could be very wrong. But this what i think.

I voted for Pirates, Ice Planet and Time Cruisers

On the Subtheme Page i voted for the Islanders

Edited by CaptainPolluxofOrion

I'd really prefer something to do with Pirates or Castle, but I'll vote for anything not Bionicle in the next round.