Hello! Today I'd like to share my old MOC, wip name was "Angry Racer" :) The model was built special for BuWizz fest (canceled), it is driven by two PF L-motors, servo-motor for steering.

50840691372_07935ff41d_b.jpg

Dimensions: 29 x 13 x 8,5 cm, weight – 700 g.

50839877883_6e276c603b_b.jpg

50839876653_96e914e0ef_b.jpg

Watch the video to see the model in action :)

More photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141718063@N06/albums/72157717907092491

Building instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-62789/desert752/angry-racer-mk-ii-red/#details

Thanks for watching :)

@desert752: Cool Racers!

6 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Very cool. How are those rear fenders attached?

They're attached to 2 half pins. Check the white version on https://www.flickr.com/photos/141718063@N06/50839876218/in/album-72157717907092491/, there is some blue shine coming out of the upper axle connector pin holes. Very cool solution @desert752.

Edited by johnnym

8 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Very cool. How are those rear fenders attached?

Thanks! I used usual pins, but they are inserted through the thin liftarms, so they are half-stud sunk.

9 minutes ago, desert752 said:

Thanks! I used usual pins, but they are inserted through the thin liftarms, so they are half-stud sunk.

Ok I was wrong with my assumption, now I see that there's a slot visible on the pin closer to the front of the white car. What do you think about using 1/2 pins in the fender part with the studs pointed and inserted to the thin liftarms and 2L pins in the part behind the thin liftarm (where currently you have 3L pins) and 3L bars connecting them alltogether?

On 1/17/2021 at 12:13 AM, johnnym said:

Ok I was wrong with my assumption, now I see that there's a slot visible on the pin closer to the front of the white car. What do you think about using 1/2 pins in the fender part with the studs pointed and inserted to the thin liftarms and 2L pins in the part behind the thin liftarm (where currently you have 3L pins) and 3L bars connecting them alltogether?

I'm not sure I understand you. In general I don't like 1/2 pins because of the backlash.

Looks like a lot of fun to play with!

The front looks okay, I especially like how that long panel and the wheel arch piece flow together. Very nice. But the rear of the car doesn't look very good imo. The rear wheel arches  just dont flow with the rest of the body. I like the lower diffuser/exhaust of the rear bumper, but that weird taillight situation really isn't for me.

Thx for sharing :sweet:

Edited by Gray Gear

On 1/16/2021 at 3:51 PM, desert752 said:

Good idea. Thanks for the explanation. 

On 1/18/2021 at 7:29 AM, desert752 said:

I'm not sure I understand you. In general I don't like 1/2 pins because of the backlash.

Sorry for late reply. I made a model of what I meant. Here you go:

800x593.jpg

Due to the bars, this should not wiggle too much I believe.

17 hours ago, johnnym said:

Sorry for late reply. I made a model of what I meant. Here you go:

800x593.jpg

Due to the bars, this should not wiggle too much I believe.

I suppose the bars will be too long. I use blue axle pins instead of usual black pins. Instead of thick 5L beam there are two #5 connectors in the model.

4 hours ago, desert752 said:

I suppose the bars will be too long. I use blue axle pins instead of usual black pins. Instead of thick 5L beam there are two #5 connectors in the model.

I see, that's how you achieve that angle. I interpreted "I used usual pins" as 3L pins (because of the blue shine) and hence wrongly interpolated the remainder...